Does Battletech work on the new M1 powered Apple Mac Book Air/Pro notebooks (2020)?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The M1 is an ARM processor, so I wouldn't bet on it (it's a completely different instruction set from x86 processors). However, I found this on the M1's Wikipedia page: "Rosetta 2 dynamic binary translation technology enables M1-equipped products to run software built for Intel x86 CPUs."

You might have to wait for someone with the M1 to tell you if it works, and if you do end up buying one anyway, be sure to check back in here to say if BT works or not!

Reactions:
I am browsing to troubleshoot my install of Battletech so thought I'd comment here.

I have a shiny-new MacBook Pro with M1, 8-cores, 16gb memory and installed Steam and Battletech through there.

The game starts up fast, looks beautiful as I start a new campaign, controls all smooth and snappy but then... gets stuck on the first "Enemy Turn" in the tutorial mission. So... it's a fail so far.

I've seen elsewhere that the GOG version of the game works fine, but I'm not too interested in paying for another copy, though it'd be worth it if I was sure it would work.

Reactions:
Just to add to this, i'm having the same issue hanging on the first enemy turn. It also hangs in various spots for the other teams turns in Career mode.
On the graphics side, Mechs seem to float on top of the ground.

On a somewhat related note, I found this site the other day: Apple Silicon Games, a list of games and whether or not they can run on M1. BATTLETECH isn't on there (yet?) though.

I borrowed my daughters M1 Air and ran through a few rounds. Did not see any major issues other than the 'Mech's floating above the ground. This was on a clean install.

I'll check again once I replace my MBP with an M1 version and work through a full campaign.

As for the issues about stalling, I've noticed that when I have mods installed with DLLs.