• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

makaramus

Field Marshal
65 Badges
Apr 17, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
Hello, after a break (like 2 months) I decided to return again for a long campaign.
I love to form my own realm from scratch and tribes are great for it but sadly at that start date AI never converts to a new faith so most of the time I find myself fighting my relatives that either following old pagan faith that I reformed or staying as pagan while I became christian

Is there any good advice you can give me at 1066 ? I did a matilda campaign where I united Italy(Kinda... I mostly controlled italy itself but didnt take decision to expand its borders) and I enjoyed it as I reform christianity.

Maybe I can approach things from other side and go for Sicilian start? I heard they got a decision that adding naples as a title and replacing it to empire of Italia.
I am planning to try Custom ruler addition too with this run. Is there anything I must aware of for culture or anything? Is there anything special for being norman there or should I start as lombard/sicilian(or someting special among them?)

Start as a Lombard! Do an AAR!

That's not what I was expecting to read from a post entitled "Looking to return game".

If you want to play as Sicily, you could always go for the "Stupider Like a Fox" achievement - you need to start as Duke Robert of Apulia, and eventually conquer a Byzantine kingdom. Norman's a pretty good culture to start as, since it can form the English culture and there's not many Normans, which means it's one of the easiest cultures to tech rush with.

But, if you have your heart set on a Custom Ruler, and you don't want to get the achievement, then you're probably better off sticking with Italian (easier to form Rome if you eventually decide to do so) or Sicilian (might as well?)

so I assume culture doesnt matter
about normandy... uhhh... sicilian culture is just around you too with little amount of land so... thats same
and as far as I know to get sicilian parliment decision I must be Italian if I am not wrong so isnt staying norman worse decision?

so I assume culture doesnt matter
about normandy... uhhh... sicilian culture is just around you too with little amount of land so... thats same
and as far as I know to get sicilian parliment decision I must be Italian if I am not wrong so isnt staying norman worse decision?
The Sicilian Parliament decision is available to anyone of a Central Germanic, Iberian, or Latin culture. :) Unfortunately this does not include Norman as it's Frankish.

The Sicilian Parliament decision is available to anyone of a Central Germanic, Iberian, or Latin culture. :) Unfortunately this does not include Norman as it's Frankish.
so... other than that culture has no meaning literally... thats whatI needed to know thanks
I will go as sicilian then I suppose

so... other than that culture has no meaning literally... thats whatI needed to know thanks
I will go as sicilian then I suppose
Culture can have a bunch of effects. It determines your cultural MAA Innovation, sometimes gives special access to laws and succession forms, and many decisions are bound to specific cultures or culture groups.

Personally I like the Roman culture. :)

is... napoli a good capital? I realized it kinda sucks :D
no way I am gonna beat pope or HRE this realy game is there anything special with napoli or shoud I pick somewere better(if yes, where)