Medium / Large Defense Platforms?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hecktor

Sergeant
27 Badges
Jul 25, 2014
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Semper Fi
  • Magicka
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
I was just messing around with a FE Starbase in a sector ive recently conquered due to it being a choke point for the crisis. I noticed three defense platforms i was able to upgrade. By taking a look at the load out they appeard as those large defense platforms we had back in the day.

As someone who likes fortification im wondering why they are no longer buildable? I took a look in common/ship_sizes and they just seem not to be configured properly. By adjusting some lines i got them ingame. Only issue is that both get the same amount of power as the small defense platform. Its enough for weaponary but forget about shields. They also miss X-slots Sections (I assume the platforms were "removed" before x-slots were added?)

Is it a long persisting bug or intended? I've actually never read something about it and just totally forgot.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The mod "New Ship Components" should give you what you seek (NSC2 Season5).

Thanks for mentioning the mod but i dont like adding to much stuff to my game. The one you've mentioned adds not only the platforms but also lots of other stuff i dont really want. Its like adding some sort of bodykit / rear spoiler on a car with damaged engine / broken glasses etc.. You got any knowledge of a mod which only adds those platforms and does some balance related tweaks?

Large defence platforms? You don't think big enough! I actually ran into these:
807EFDB7F66571CD9A2281C9359CAE850985E626

a couple of times :p

I would love bigger defence platforms ;(

It would be a nice buff to bastions to get the three tiers of platforms back into the game. With the old fortresses back in the game, bastions would be able to hold chokepoints versus strong fleets, espacially in the lategame. You would need massive fleet power to crack a border open, empires wouldnt get overrun by all sides so easily.

It would need a rethink of how starbases behave in wars (capturing a bastion und using it against your enemy in the same war should not be possible for example), but would give the name Bastion the meaning it deserves.