• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oooh, a triple emperior already. And 49 cities in Africa? That is impressive.

Quite an Emperor you got there.
Over 25k gold in the treasury. Over 250 gold per month surplus. :D

Reactions:
Can anyone stop the Norman invasion?

Hang on, wrong AAR…

• 2Haha
Reactions:
Over 25k gold in the treasury. Over 250 gold per month surplus. :D

Ahh, the sweet sound of success when you need a castle to store all your gold :D

Reactions:
Reactions:
Emperor, congratulations on being a master builder. I agree with Blair and young Butterfly that it is easier to look at Miss Cora, as she is the fairest of the fair, than our esteemed professor. If I read the correct pages in the correct book (you are a stern taskmaster), will you please tell me the secret of your longevity? In my last 150 years of CK2, I have had one ruler reach 55 and just two 35 with 6 of 8 successions having regency starts. @Nikolai, may you and your loved receive God's blessings and protection in these troubled times.

Emperor, congratulations on being a master builder. I agree with Blair and young Butterfly that it is easier to look at Miss Cora, as she is the fairest of the fair, than our esteemed professor. If I read the correct pages in the correct book (you are a stern taskmaster), will you please tell me the secret of your longevity? In my last 150 years of CK2, I have had one ruler reach 55 and just two 35 with 6 of 8 successions having regency starts. @Nikolai, may you and your loved receive God's blessings and protection in these troubled times.
First of all, thank you and may your blessings come back and bless you too, friend!

As for my rulers’ longevity, I suspect it is due to my starter character. He must hsve good genes! He lived way into his 80s. I also for some of my rulers choose the life style choices giving massive boosts to health. I can’t remember if it is the learning one, but I think so.

Reactions:
Well, the Byzantines are being humbled by the Normannians.

Speaking of which, it seems as if Normannia's rulers are giving themselves extra titles...

Reactions:
Well, the Byzantines are being humbled by the Normannians.

Speaking of which, it seems as if Normannia's rulers are giving themselves extra titles...
Triple Emperors. How far do you think we can get? :D

Reactions:
That is not an invitation to bring up your liquor, young Butterfly!
We all know Butterfly cant' handle his drink, but vomiting in class is a new low even for him.

The poking stick shall be deployed to ensure he tidies up after himself.

• 2Haha
Reactions:
This classroom has all the pedagogical qualities of a frat house.

Reactions:
We all know Butterfly cant' handle his drink, but vomiting in class is a new low even for him.

The poking stick shall be deployed to ensure he tidies up after himself.
I was most disappointed. And surprised. I didn't imagine the young man would use expensive whisky, not to that extent and certainly not that he could afford it. What as waste, both of whisky and of potential talent...
This classroom has all the pedagogical qualities of a frat house.
SIgh, don't I know it. I'm so relieved we have you among us, young Cora.

Reactions:
Chapter X - The reign of Emperor Hamelin II
Welcome back, class. Today, we will cover the 26-year long reign of Hamelin II, a dreaded figure among his contemporaries, yet also a man who continued the successes of the Hauteville dynasty.

Mr Butterfly, will you please smoke outside? I am seriously considering my options with you, young man… And is that tobacco or something else? Last chance!

6wwUVJp.png

Ahem. Right. The start of Hamelin II’s reign was one of sedition and talk of uprisings. Many thought his uncle would be a better Emperor. Hamelin II promptly summoned his major vassals and gave them what you can call a show. He brought forward a number of prisoners from the last few years of warfare, told the assembled vassals that he expected loyalty and that if they didn’t remain loyal, what followed would be their future fate. Then the heads of the prisoners began to fall of their bodies, as all were beheaded.

No more talk of rebellion was spoken for a long time.

Lewis, eyes here! Sigh, I wish you all would do like Cora here, following the lectures, writing notes and handing in excellent works of academic literature. I foresee a great future for you, young lady.

Right, back to the topic. The Pope surprised everyone in 1417 when he ordered a new crusade for Mesopotamia. Mesopotamia was held at the time by the crusaders lead by a Hauteville king. The Pope wanted the rest of the de jure lands taken for Christ, even though this land was sparse compared to what was already held. Hamelin II obliged, however, and less than a year after the crusade’s start, it was won.

Then, the Emperor looked south, into Africa. In short order, he conquered the kingdom of Gurma for his vassal Flomo – a recent convert – before he conquered the kingdom of Sapi for another loyal vassal. Then he sent his armies to the kingdom of Kren-Wa to take control of the duchy of Kono.

All this lead to Palermo, where the Pope with much ceremony on October 11th, 1423 crowned Hamelin II Emperor of Mali. The Emperor was now quadruple-Emperor, the most powerful of any known civilization. After a month of celebrations, the armies of Normannia was sent to conquer another kingdom for Christ, this time the kingdom of Mali. Several smaller wars were then waged all over Africa. Africa was to become fully Norman, decreed the Emperor.

Mr. Pip, please use your stick on young Blair. The young man seems to have fallen asleep again.

Right. Not a man to stop conquering just because he had become so powerful and rich Croesus would be envious, Hamelin II looked east. Demanding the duchy of Cyprus from the Byzantines, he invaded the island as well as Constantinople. Constantinople as well as Cyprus soon enough fell and within a year, the war was over in Hamelin II’s favor.

When Hamelin II returned to Palermo, he again summoned all his vassals. When they came to the capital, they would witness something unprecedented. A second Empire title added to Normannia in twelve years. On January 31st, 1435, Hamelin II again was crowned. This time as Emperor of Guinea. He was now a five-time Emperor. The mightiest Emperor since the time of Augustus, people whispered. An Empire centered on Iberia and Africa, rivalling the Empires of Old.

T6Xm3Am.png

tbV7Tfv.png

But, of course, even five-time Emperors get old and die. On September 14th, 1438, after having suffered from his advanced age and not warred for three whole years, the Emperor finally gave up the ghost. He died peacefully in his bed, surrounded by his family. He was 71 years old. His son Stefen I, the last medieval Emperor of Normannia, sat by his bed for the last night, personally caring for his father. Stefen I was 50 years of age when he rose to the throne.

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
*breaking character for a second* holy crap Normannia is huge

Reactions:
*breaking character for a second* holy crap Normannia is huge
Half of it is (vastly improved due to money used on settlements EVERYWHERE) desert though. :p But I'm not far from owning all of Africa actually. :eek: Will take too long to conquer it all before time is up though!

Reactions:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz…

Is there anyone who could seriously challenge you at this point? The ERE maybe?

Reactions:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz…

Is there anyone who could seriously challenge you at this point? The ERE maybe?
I can field around 100k troops. Closest competitor, except for crusades where I actually can lose due to all the Muslim realms banding together, is France when not in a civil war. IIRC, they can field around 20-30k troops. So, no. They can't. The ERE is under 10k btw.

Reactions:
I can field around 100k troops. Closest competitor, except for crusades where I actually can lose due to all the Muslim realms banding together, is France when not in a civil war. IIRC, they can field around 20-30k troops. So, no. They can't. The ERE is under 10k btw.

How much of that 100k is made up of 'colonial' African armies? Would the European holdings still be dominant on their own? (I'd assume so given the vast extent of the difference between you and France…)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Mr Butterfly, will you please smoke outside?
I read this as a different sort of smoking, which reminded me of a old classmate who's job during Chemistry lessons was "Guarding the spoon". Because the one time he was allowed to do practical chemistry he set fire to his own shoes.

Mr. Pip, please use your stick on young Blair. The young man seems to have fallen asleep again.
This is turning into a full time job, I may need to hire an apprentice.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
How much of that 100k is made up of 'colonial' African armies? Would the European holdings still be dominant on their own? (I'd assume so given the vast extent of the difference between you and France…)
How do I see this? I can see men-at-arms number and levies number. But can I see the breakdown? Need to open the save and check around I guess.

I read this as a different sort of smoking, which reminded me of a old classmate who's job during Chemistry lessons was "Guarding the spoon". Because the one time he was allowed to do practical chemistry he set fire to his own shoes.
Well, the smell was sweet...
This is turning into a full time job, I may need to hire an apprentice.
Yeah, I will speak with the principal...

• 1Haha
Reactions:
This is my army composition early in Stefen I's reign:
1610126750167.png

Reactions: