• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Paradox don't reply to every suggestion, so I take it as a positive sign they've responded to us on this. Knowing Paradox, I suspect this is something they would really like to make available to us, but they don't know for sure how difficult it will be (there could be all kinds of heteronormative assumptions built into the genetics engine, for example), so they don't want to over-commit. Particularly given how many high priority bugs and issues they must be dealing with right now.

I'm optimistic. :)

Reactions:
Paradox don't reply to every suggestion, so I take it as a positive sign they've responded to us on this. Knowing Paradox, I suspect this is something they would really like to make available to us, but they don't know for sure how difficult it will be (there could be all kinds of heteronormative assumptions built into the genetics engine, for example), so they don't want to over-commit. Particularly given how many high priority bugs and issues they must be dealing with right now.

I'm optimistic. :)
I was just under the impression they didn't want to hear people asking/complaining about it so they did that to ease it for a bit. Of course I hope I am wrong.

Reactions:
The new patch notes mention the inclusion of a make_pregnant_no_checks effect. I'll have to do some testing with it when I get a chance, but this could be an implementation of request #5 in the OP. If so, that's a definite indication that the devs are sympathetic.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Disappointing then. It seems we got platitudes and not much else.
We still can impregnate characters by old ways. Like for example creating character of opposite gender with copied dna and traits. They can impregnate targeted character and then disappear. However it needs a lot of working on vanilla events and effects because we need to reset father and dynasty of newborn character.
I once had such a mod but deleted it, cause it was too bugged with all those hardcoded limitations

Has there been any news about this yet? It's a shame that it's been a couple months and Paradox still hasn't replied to thread.

There was a mention from the developers in a dev diary Here. The response seems favorable, but noncommittal. I know that the development team has been aware of this thread for a while now, so right now progress on this issues is mostly dependent of if the developers care to make it a priority.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Aww man! I keep waiting for new patches to include this feature, but remain yearning for it.
I've been playing for a while with that custom female-domitated religion I mentioned earlier, and it feels incomplete without this feature. Now I have that epic warmongering empire which owned half a Europe and sent silly Christian Crusade back home crying, not a single male ruler in the entire line, sadism as a virtue end executing people just for fun, but lesbian royal couples? Nooo, that's taking things too far.

• 5Like
Reactions:
Just throwing one more voice into the mix, I too support adding the required changes to allow modders to implement same-sex marriages. Half the reason I bought the game was to experience fun medieval stories, and as a gay man I would like to experience some of these as characters that I can more closely relate to.

As for arguments for unrealism, honestly I don't buy it. Given that the game already allows changing historical prejudices (gender equality, interfaith acceptance, condemnation of homosexuality), I can't understand why "it's historically inaccurate" is even an argument.

• 8Like
Reactions:
Just throwing one more voice into the mix, I too support adding the required changes to allow modders to implement same-sex marriages. Half the reason I bought the game was to experience fun medieval stories, and as a gay man I would like to experience some of these as characters that I can more closely relate to.

As for arguments for unrealism, honestly I don't buy it. Given that the game already allows changing historical prejudices (gender equality, interfaith acceptance, condemnation of homosexuality), I can't understand why "it's historically inaccurate" is even an argument.

Also their 'it's historically inaccurate' claims are false.

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Aww man! I keep waiting for new patches to include this feature, but remain yearning for it.
I've been playing for a while with that custom female-domitated religion I mentioned earlier, and it feels incomplete without this feature. Now I have that epic warmongering empire which owned half a Europe and sent silly Christian Crusade back home crying, not a single male ruler in the entire line, sadism as a virtue end executing people just for fun, but lesbian royal couples? Nooo, that's taking things too far.
Because the coding to make marriages check for opposite sex before allowing children is hard, you had opposite sex marriage accidentally in ck2 with the plague courtier events, they could have kids and it took forever to get fixed. You can always take a woman as your lover

Reminds me of a thread from early ck2 days.

Title: "We need sexuality details, there's more than gay!"

Content of Thread, "We NEED details like Penis size added to the game!"

• 1Like
Reactions:
Content of Thread, "We NEED details like Penis size added to the game!"

Sure you didn't mix up on which forum you're posting? Let's stay on topic please.

Reactions:
I'd really like to see this implemented. I primarily play CK3 for the mods, not vanilla, and the more freedom modders have, the more creative they can get. Realism and history means nothing to me on this point, since Warhammer and that one space mod were my favourites anyway! :) I hope Paradox implements this. It could make for interesting cultures and religions, like where only one gender is allowed to hold any positions of power, including through marriage. So same sex marriages are the only legal ones amongst rulers, and then they have to adopt. Or the kind of Sims-like weirdness where you have a male character cast a fertility spell, but it backfires and now it's Schwarzenegger's Junior all up in here, haha.

• 2Like
Reactions: