• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
tbp40.png

Home by Christmas :)

• 4Like
Reactions:
December 1940? Impressive. What happened on western front?

Standard invasion. Started war with poland on may '39 iirc, war with France july '39 to August '39, Sealion September '39 to March '40, Barbarossa 26 May 1940 to 8 December 1940.

The actual war ended in 1948, because even with the surrender of the UK event the UK didn't actually surrender, and it took me almost a decade to amass enough carriers and transports to invade the rest of the Allied nations.

Reactions:
Playing as Germany on normal and no mods. Started Barbarossa on July 7th, 1941, in order to upgrade the last batch of infantry.
Pulled out of North Africa and lost a lot of Italian units in the process.
The United Kingdom attacked Norway.
Finland is not part of the Axis.
Italy and Slovakia are so far, not part of the Barbarossa OOB.
Two large Kessels; Pripjet and Bessabaria. A few smaller Kessels at Riga, Stryj, Vinnitsa, and Odessa. The fight in the Pripjet has cost me a lot of infantry and air losses.
I lost 1 carrier (Graf Zeppelin), 2 battleships (Bismark and Tirpitz), some cruisers, destroyers, and submarines. However, before going down, they did take out some 100+ convoys. Sturdy equipment already produced. Next is fighter and bomber production, plus infrastructure and the Atlantic Wall.
Franco delivered a division as support. No deal with Vichy France.
The United States has not entered the war.
Darkest Hour 5.01 on normal and no mods - The pripjet Kessel and the Bessabari Kessel.png

Attachments

• Darkest Hour 5.01 on normal and no mods - National Army Comparison.png
    Darkest Hour 5.01 on normal and no mods - National Army Comparison.png
    420,5 KB · Views: 0
  • Darkest Hour 5.01 on normal and no mods - Political Cabinet.png
    Darkest Hour 5.01 on normal and no mods - Political Cabinet.png
    497,7 KB · Views: 0
  • Darkest Hour 5.01 on normal and no mods - Naval Losses.png
    Darkest Hour 5.01 on normal and no mods - Naval Losses.png
    412,9 KB · Views: 0
  • 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Playing as Germany on normal and no mods. Started Barbarossa on July 7th, 1941, in order to upgrade the last batch of infantry.
Pulled out of North Africa and lost a lot of Italian units in the process.
The United Kingdom attacked Norway.
Finland is not part of the Axis.
Italy and Slovakia are so far, not part of the Barbarossa OOB.
Two large Kessels; Pripjet and Bessabaria. A few smaller Kessels at Riga, Stryj, Vinnitsa, and Odessa. The fight in the Pripjet has cost me a lot of infantry and air losses.
I lost 1 carrier (Graf Zeppelin), 2 battleships (Bismark and Tirpitz), some cruisers, destroyers, and submarines. However, before going down, they did take out some 100+ convoys. Sturdy equipment already produced. Next is fighter and bomber production, plus infrastructure and the Atlantic Wall.
Franco delivered a division as support. No deal with Vichy France.
The United States has not entered the war.
View attachment 603229
What about winter equipment?

1598561706887.png

The Commune of France has an 'original' plan to avoid getting annexed...

1598561848969.png

I see what you did there comrade Mosely...

1598562036299.png

"Whom Gods destroy, they first drive mad..." :oops:

- Kaizer Wilhelm II, 1940.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
1598736620800.png

... Chicherin-Shigeru Pact??? Isn't Japan the least bit worried about Syndie agitation?

I wonder what secret clauses they are plotting against me :(

Oh well, I got what I wanted, a grand world war as the German Empire VS the Internationale, Russia, and Japan; quite possibly at the same time. Poland is controlled by nationalists who don't look very nice and maybe even the Entente will join in the fun!

Meanwhile in America...

1598737023462.png

It's not clear who is winning, but American IC is losing quite a lot of factories. They have cat-moused each other across the continent half a dozen times already! seems there are two kinds of Civil War; short decisive ones that quickly put one faction in power at least in the East Coast, or long drawn out affairs that perpetuate themselves via the small numbers of starting divisions, the large territory they need to cover, and the disruption of industry required to build more divisions.

1598737600586.png

Mazal tov! About bloody time...

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Yes, one of the more whacky options of KR, a military republic following the death of king Alfonso

I love those little jokes when they come up and the sheer amount of possibilities that exist in KR (though it appears I posted this once in the past). Hell, I don't think I played vanilla DH in years. The biggest issue, however, is manpower; DH's manpower system via that mobilization decision overcompensates in some cases by making it virtually infinite and makes manpower accumulation during peacetime more than a bit irritating. KR uses direct province/event output which doesn't come close to the mobilization system's huge wartime potential; I guess its more realistic, but it in a gameplay sense, the AI often doesn't know how to deal with it.

A few costly offensives tend to wipe out reserves and reduce divisions down to nothing over time once they are spent; which is why the Commune of France tends to lose the 2nd Weltkreig as it has less MP potential; often in just one year of fighting unless its MP is modified or the Russians attack. France sometimes manages to beat Germany in that short time frame as well, I think about once out of every seven games, but in most instances, Germany will either quickly defeat them or outlast their attacks. In both cases, the war is generally over in one year with one or two more for what amounts to mopping up the remains. Apart from this case...

Nine Years of War

A few months ago I decided to play a fairly straight-forward game as a secondary nationin in KR, I do not recall which. Little did I know that I had entered what must have been one the most bizarre games I have ever played, and the normally relatively short 2nd weltkreig did not last two or three years, but a full nine years of war (1939 - 1948)

Sadly I only took four screen shots of the game, but I think these show pretty much everything there is to see of that game. I will conclude by informing you that the nation I took the screen shots with is not the nation I originally played, I ended up abandoning my country in favor of becoming a spectator of the intriguing war unfolding before me.

Western Front, 11th of July 1948

The War began with what seemed like a French victory as the Commune rolled over Belgium, entered Germany and crossed the Rhine. The Syndicalists where stopped however and pushed back into France. Germany managed to retake Belgium several times only to lose it again and even managed to break into France now and then but never for long. By 1948 both sides have a constant 0 manpower and only a a few dozen divisions left.

View attachment 129407

Causality Figures, Estimated Total: 30,000,000 +

View attachment 129408

World Armies by size in 1948

Pay attention to France and Germany's military strength, yes you will have to scroll down.

View attachment 129409
View attachment 129410

Last edited:
Okay, what the actual fuck is going on here? How do they even supply this gigantic fleet being trapped here? o_O
This is a trully logistic wizard
Screenshot_4.png

• 2Haha
Reactions: