• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PDX_Pariah

Community Manager
Jul 21, 2020
Howdy all!

As discussed in the Patch Notes from last Thursday, the Hot Fix is now Live.

This should be compatible with all Save Games and Mods currently out there, but please make sure you save your games and relaunch to take advantage of all the new updates!

Patch Notes can be found HERE

• 15Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
@PDX_Pariah

Thanks - one question; unless it's moved somewhere I can't seem to find it, could you tell us why the changelog file has disappeared from the game folder?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Howdy all!

As discussed in the Patch Notes from last Thursday, the Hot Fix is now Live.

This should be compatible with all Save Games and Mods currently out there, but please make sure you save your games and relaunch to take advantage of all the new updates!

Patch Notes can be found HERE

Not comptatible with my mod saved games....

Reactions:
Not comptatible with my mod saved games....
I'm getting error log reports from an old save game - looks to be related to moving nudity from a game rule to a menu option.

Reactions:
Could someone please tell me what this means?

Criminal rulers no longer get a free pass on imprisoning without impunity

Reactions:
With the hotfix the game don't see any saves and I can't start a new one — it just freezes at the screen between selecting a character and actual game.
No mods.

Are you fixed me able to play the game?! :eek:

• 2Haha
Reactions:
i read it like:
rulers who are known criminals used to have the ability to imprison other people without any consequence, but now that is no longer the case
Thank you. Makes a lot of sense...

With the hotfix the game don't see any saves and I can't start a new one — it just freezes at the screen between selecting a character and actual game.
No mods.

Are you fixed me able to play the game?! :eek:

Could you start a new thread in the bug forum about this? Please include as much information as possible.

Reactions:
- Diplomacy perk modifiers are now added and subtracted properly (Sound Foundations and Friendly Counsel)

I have a game where my character has both of these perks unlocked and so I stopped playing for a while waiting for this patch to fix it. However, now I have updated my game and the additional skills are still not being applied. I have 4 friends and 16 living children. I tried restarting the game again but that didn't help. Does anyone have any other tricks I could try to fix this?

I have a game where my character has both of these perks unlocked and so I stopped playing for a while waiting for this patch to fix it. However, now I have updated my game and the additional skills are still not being applied. I have 4 friends and 16 living children. I tried restarting the game again but that didn't help. Does anyone have any other tricks I could try to fix this?

Don't know for sure, but if the problem was fixed by making sure the appropriate flag or skills were applied when a character got the perk, any save with a character who already has the perk won't benefit from the patch as that kind of fix only helps character who get the perk going forward.

Reactions:
Ah crap. Was under the impression that like the last hotfix my savegame wasn't going to be broken. I'd have started up the game last night pre patch so I could keep playing if I'd known this. Put a LOT of time into that Ironman save. Now I'm reminded why I rarely bother trying to get Achievements.

Ah crap. Was under the impression that like the last hotfix my savegame wasn't going to be broken. I'd have started up the game last night pre patch so I could keep playing if I'd known this. Put a LOT of time into that Ironman save. Now I'm reminded why I rarely bother trying to get Achievements.

If you are on steam you can can right click on the game go to properties > BETAS > Select the Beta you want to opt into. Then select the version of the game you want to play from the pull down menu. That way you can finish up your game and revert back to the current version when you are done.

Reactions:
If you are on steam you can can right click on the game go to properties > BETAS > Select the Beta you want to opt into. Then select the version of the game you want to play from the pull down menu. That way you can finish up your game and revert back to the current version when you are done.
I'm aware. I was referring to Ironman files. Specifically talked about Achievements. Wouldn't play in Ironman otherwise outside of MP. More Mods = More fun.

I'm aware. I was referring to Ironman files. Specifically talked about Achievements. Wouldn't play in Ironman otherwise outside of MP. More Mods = More fun.

You can play Ironman and get achievements using the method I suggested. Playing on an older version isn't just for mods.

Reactions:
@PDX_Pariah does this fix include the issue where Cloud Save Games in Ironman are not being Saved even when the Autosave notification appearing during and when exiting the game?

It then reverts back to a Save sometimes 9 to 50 years back in game time.

This issue has cost players hours of playing time due to lost files. It has happened to be

It should have been: "Criminal rulers can no longer imprison others with impunity."

But they used "without impunity" instead of "with impunity", and added in mention of a "free pass", making the entire sentence complete gibberish.
They're a European company, so I believe English may not be their First Language, and usually what they write is easily understood.

Reactions: