• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Bear Squared

Second Lieutenant
Aug 13, 2020
Heard that Feeona said on Discord that she is gone from Paradox?

Can anyone confirm this? (Not sure if she's still moderating here or not.)

If she resigned, don't blame her - moderating these forums can be a handful. I hope she has time to say goodbye. :(

Reactions:
She's gone, she mentioned it in another thread here.

She found a better job that was also local.

Just goes to show Paradox/Hardsuit is really toxic to work for.

They can't keep any employees.

• 3Like
Reactions:
She's gone, she mentioned it in another thread here.

She found a better job that was also local.

Just goes to show Paradox/Hardsuit is really toxic to work for.

They can't keep any employees.

She did say something about no matter what the situation with her current job, she could not pass up on her dream job or something like that...

Reactions:
Hello! Sorry I didn't want to make a new thread about it because well, the brand isn't about me. ^^;

So a few things, I was not employed at PDX, I am a contractor, so that's a little different. Sadly I was unable to move to Stockholm to take employment so for me to move further in my career I wanted to look for work closer to home (and much closer to my own time-zone!). As stated in a previous thread, the company I applied for was a dream opportunity. My passion for CM really does lie in smaller indie studios and publishers, It just so happens my #1 choice of company to work with ended up hiring a couple of months ago, and I applied! (FYI I won't be announcing publically of where I'm moving to until I start the job).

I was so lucky to be your Community Ambassador for these near two years, and I'm so thankful to Susie McBeth for recognising something in me that she gave me this chance. I got to manage our communities across different platforms, create content for all our social media, and even got to take part and run events. I loved meeting so many fans at PDXCON too! Making this decision was never going to be easy for me, us CMs get really attached to our communities. I hope y'all can understand that I had a chance to follow my dreams, and I couldn't say no.

My current boss, Dale Emasiri, will be taking over Community on Bloodlines 2 for now, so it's in good hands.

It feels weird to chat about this, but I really don't want folks to come away thinking "PDX is Toxic!" "They can't keep their employees!" "She wants to jump ship!" when that's not the case at all.

Thank you all again,

-Fiona

• 20Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
This one is the page where Feeona made the "announcement". Just in case any of you have problem finding it :D

That "RIP" really get things in mood :p

Thanks for the link. Ridixo, sorry I missed it, should have searched harder (I usually only search this forum).

Good luck and happy travels with the new job, Feeona, you certainly worked hard even as difficult as this forum is to wrangle. :)

Reactions:
Hello! Sorry I didn't want to make a new thread about it because well, the brand isn't about me. ^^;

So a few things, I was not employed at PDX, I am a contractor, so that's a little different. Sadly I was unable to move to Stockholm to take employment so for me to move further in my career I wanted to look for work closer to home (and much closer to my own time-zone!). As stated in a previous thread, the company I applied for was a dream opportunity. My passion for CM really does lie in smaller indie studios and publishers, It just so happens my #1 choice of company to work with ended up hiring a couple of months ago, and I applied! (FYI I won't be announcing publically of where I'm moving to until I start the job).

I was so lucky to be your Community Ambassador for these near two years, and I'm so thankful to Susie McBeth for recognising something in me that she gave me this chance. I got to manage our communities across different platforms, create content for all our social media, and even got to take part and run events. I loved meeting so many fans at PDXCON too! Making this decision was never going to be easy for me, us CMs get really attached to our communities. I hope y'all can understand that I had a chance to follow my dreams, and I couldn't say no.

My current boss, Dale Emasiri, will be taking over Community on Bloodlines 2 for now, so it's in good hands.

It feels weird to chat about this, but I really don't want folks to come away thinking "PDX is Toxic!" "They can't keep their employees!" "She wants to jump ship!" when that's not the case at all.

Thank you all again,

-Fiona

Sadly, those who throw out false accusations about "toxicity" are usually incredibly toxic people themselves. Its a neat bit of psychological projection on their part. Best of luck in your new job, Feeona, & please know that we'll miss your constant positivity. Hope you won't be a stranger on the forums though!

• 5Like
Reactions:
Never heared that name before ...
Cant help but wonder if there will be some introduction, or to put it simply ... when and in what ocasion will we hear about this person for the first time. o_O

Reactions:
Never heared that name before ...
Cant help but wonder if there will be some introduction, or to put it simply ... when and in what ocasion will we hear about this person for the first time. o_O

Dale is a Lead Com Dev who's worked on other projects previously. You don't see him often because ComDevs are mysterious creatures cloaked in the shadows (I believe folks in the Stellaris side of things would recognise his name).

He has been working with me on Bloodlines 2 for over 6-12 months now so he understands the community and has personally read all my reports.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Dale is a Lead Com Dev who's worked on other projects previously. You don't see him often because ComDevs are mysterious creatures cloaked in the shadows (I believe folks in the Stellaris side of things would recognise his name).

Not at all, sorry new old guy :D
At least if he is a "mysterious creatures cloaked in the shadows" i will like him. Go Lasombra clan* :)

*Second best after the Malks :p

Thank you all again,

-Fiona

so...ik no matter what you probably can't tell us the current situation about BL2..we're already in December so ill ask a simple question that even you can answer without breaking the disclosure agreement (or w.e it's called) do you know when we might learn more about BL2 situation?
not asking for any gameplay or secrets just want know when we can expect more information about it..like at the end of this month or next month at the start of 2021?

Reactions:
so...ik no matter what you probably can't tell us the current situation about BL2..we're already in December so ill ask a simple question that even you can answer without breaking the disclosure agreement (or w.e it's called) do you know when we might learn more about BL2 situation?
not asking for any gameplay or secrets just want know when we can expect more information about it..like at the end of this month or next month at the start of 2021?

Disclosing when we're going to disclose information isn't something that I'd do as then it's just disclosing dates all the way down, heh. Aside from that, there's no new information I can give you. Like legit, there's nothing I can tell you right now or we'd be telling you it, heh.

Reactions:
Disclosing when we're going to disclose information isn't something that I'd do as then it's just disclosing dates all the way down, heh. Aside from that, there's no new information I can give you. Like legit, there's nothing I can tell you right now or we'd be telling you it, heh.

k well tnx anyways hope you like the new job and stay safe :) we'll miss you

Reactions:
Funny ... i dont. :D
I dont remember anymore what was that feeling, when it started. :D
But i feel sory for you, bcs in few months, you will be where we are now. :-/

Reactions: