• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BRomero_EoS

Romero Games
22 Badges
Jul 13, 2020
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Empire of Sin
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
Hello Empire of Sin Players!

Thank you so much for playing Empire of Sin! We are so excited to finally let you loose on the streets of Chicago and look forward to hearing all about your criminal empires and exploits going forth. But first, I would like to take a moment and talk about what the future holds. It’s two things, mainly.

First, we have some updates coming your way. We are dedicated to making this game as great as it can be and that’s why the feedback we have been getting from you is so important to us. Over the upcoming weeks and months, we will be working on delivering patches to improve your experience with the game.

Second, it’s no surprise that there will be DLCs coming down the road! You’re going places and meeting new people. I can’t share much more than that at the moment, but we think you’ll enjoy it.

From the entire team, thank you so much for your support of this game.

Brenda Romero
Game Director

• 25Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
hello i bought premium edition and awesome game im hyped but one question.. i bought the game and premium wil i have any icons or ur team plan to have icons on paradox forum?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I for one am enjoying your game. Seems a little buggy and I'd like to see combat tweaked a bit but looking forward to your roadmap as it's already pretty fun.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Loving the game in its entirety, even with the bug issues taking place. You guys seem to be really dedicated and working hard so I am sure they will be resolved shortly. That said it scratches exactly the itch I thought it would and I am having a great time marathoning it currently. The XCOM like gameplay is on point and the light RPG aspects are refreshing. Only real complaint I have is the AI in combat is a bit...lacking.

Not sure if you all are taking feedback outside bug reports at this time...but if so....

Currently with the way safe houses work it entirely trivializes wars. There is no need to play wisely or with tactics when walking up to a safehouse, attacking it, and killing the boss instantly gives you all his assets.

Solution::

-Each faction gets one regional safe house per zone. This safehouse can not be attacked until a the faction falls below a certain threshold of zone ownership.

-Example: Faction A owns 6 rackets in Zone A. The largest racket in said zone doubles as a safe house. This safe house can not be attacked until Faction A has 3 or less assets in the zone. After lowering ownership to 3 assets you may attack and winning allows you to take the safehouse and the other two rackets.

-At game start each faction gets an initial safe house that serves as their permanent headquarters. This headquarters can not be attacked until all other safehouses have been destroyed. At this point you may attack the headquarters directly if the faction has 3 or less rackets in their last remaining zone. Boss fight occurs as normal.

With wars you end up doing battle after battle after battle. Make it so that if the attack happens in a region you are currently in you have the opportunity to come to your defenders aid with the current party. If the attack is in another region (and you have a lieutenant in said region) he is allowed to come to the defenders aid. To simulate them arriving after the initial attack, they do not arrive until the battle is taking place inside the racket, not outside.

Last edited:
  • 8Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Hello Empire of Sin Players!

Thank you so much for playing Empire of Sin! We are so excited to finally let you loose on the streets of Chicago and look forward to hearing all about your criminal empires and exploits going forth. But first, I would like to take a moment and talk about what the future holds. It’s two things, mainly.

First, we have some updates coming your way. We are dedicated to making this game as great as it can be and that’s why the feedback we have been getting from you is so important to us. Over the upcoming weeks and months, we will be working on delivering patches to improve your experience with the game.

Second, it’s no surprise that there will be DLCs coming down the road! You’re going places and meeting new people. I can’t share much more than that at the moment, but we think you’ll enjoy it.

From the entire team, thank you so much for your support of this game.

Brenda Romero
Game Director

For what it is worth, I'm deeply immersed in the lore and legends of America's underworld - as are many here.

I booted up this game yesterday, played through to learn the UI then restarted. I looked at my clock and was shocked to read 4:00 AM on the clock as I began a war between Al Capone and Daniel McKee. "One more turn" strikes again, and I'm in love with it.

Brilliant. This is just stunningly beautiful. And fun.

Good luck, I have no doubt you will spend as much time polishing as you did forging and welding this monster to get it to this point. And THANK YOU!

PS, going places - Vegas or New York? Can't wait to see Benny Siegel whichever path you take.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
hello i bought premium edition and awesome game im hyped but one question.. i bought the game and premium wil i have any icons or ur team plan to have icons on paradox forum?
That's in the hands for the forum dev staff, not Romero. @pdxfreddy in particular

Reactions:
I guess its okay for it to be not that fun. That way I can watch Christmas Movies instead of playing a game. So many things I was hoping for in this game, but after 10 hours of playing it failed short. The economy is basically not even needed. No true reason to have money. No need to hire workers to do anything,. Not like you are buying vehicles for your crew to drive. Or TRUCKS to haul booze. from brew to speak easy. Nope dont worry that part is handled by A.I. No need to upgrade anything, just keep takeing over all places, over and over. After a few hours its just the same thing over and over and over. No real content, no real reason to play after a few hours. Or once you realize the game is actually very flat, not very fun after the initial beginning. Very repetitive. Diplomacy is the worst, so just skip trying to use it. Same building copy and paste. 1 star.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I guess its okay for it to be not that fun. That way I can watch Christmas Movies instead of playing a game. So many things I was hoping for in this game, but after 10 hours of playing it failed short. The economy is basically not even needed. No true reason to have money. No need to hire workers to do anything,. Not like you are buying vehicles for your crew to drive. Or TRUCKS to haul booze. from brew to speak easy. Nope dont worry that part is handled by A.I. No need to upgrade anything, just keep takeing over all places, over and over. After a few hours its just the same thing over and over and over. No real content, no real reason to play after a few hours. Or once you realize the game is actually very flat, not very fun after the initial beginning. Very repetitive. Diplomacy is the worst, so just skip trying to use it. Same building copy and paste. 1 star.

I agree, this game is dead on arrival. Very disappointing.

• 3Like
Reactions:

I think this is fine, but probably not something to talk about. This seems like another Imperator, although might be more straightforward to fix. XCOM, but with a business simulation. But you need to take the same approach. Humility, change core mechanics, add more depth, message that out as much as possible. This doesn't seem like small tweaks will fix this.

Yes, we are on it, boss - Empire of Sin avatars should be ready before Christmas, so please stay tuned! :)

• 3Like
Reactions:
In the future you will have to implement the economic system, add new techniques to make money. In the dlc I don't recommend adding new districts or cities with the same mechanics.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Loving the game in its entirety, even with the bug issues taking place. You guys seem to be really dedicated and working hard so I am sure they will be resolved shortly. That said it scratches exactly the itch I thought it would and I am having a great time marathoning it currently. The XCOM like gameplay is on point and the light RPG aspects are refreshing. Only real complaint I have is the AI in combat is a bit...lacking.

Not sure if you all are taking feedback outside bug reports at this time...but if so....

Currently with the way safe houses work it entirely trivializes wars. There is no need to play wisely or with tactics when walking up to a safehouse, attacking it, and killing the boss instantly gives you all his assets.

Solution::

-Each faction gets one regional safe house per zone. This safehouse can not be attacked until a the faction falls below a certain threshold of zone ownership.

-Example: Faction A owns 6 rackets in Zone A. The largest racket in said zone doubles as a safe house. This safe house can not be attacked until Faction A has 3 or less assets in the zone. After lowering ownership to 3 assets you may attack and winning allows you to take the safehouse and the other two rackets.

-At game start each faction gets an initial safe house that serves as their permanent headquarters. This headquarters can not be attacked until all other safehouses have been destroyed. At this point you may attack the headquarters directly if the faction has 3 or less rackets in their last remaining zone. Boss fighter occurs as normal.

With wars you end up doing battle after battle after battle. Make it so that if the attack happens in a region you are currently in you have the opportunity to come to your defenders aid with the current party. If the attack is in another region (and you have a lieutenant in said region) he is allowed to come to the defenders aid. To simulate them arriving after the initial attack, they do not arrive until the battle is taking place inside the racket, not outside.

We're absolutely interested in any and all feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share this. I've shared it with our design team.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Fastän jag fortfarande är en smula besviken över striderna, huvudsakligen att de sker i turordning och ger mig alltför mycket information (Jag vill lättare fatta fel beslut i pressade situationer), så är jag både nöjd och glad med spelet hittills. Det hade kanske kunnat vara lite mer spännande än strategi-taktik, men jag gillar genre-kombinationer överlag. Dock så har jag bara spelat handledningen (den var okej, men jag tycker inte att den förklarade hur jag blev gangsterchef), så det återstår att se hur bra spelet som det är nu håller upp i längden. Jag kan också rapportera att bortsett ifrån att grafiken är lite si-och-så så spelar det fantastiskt smidigt på Switch; eller jag får då i alla fall inte känslan av att det fattas en mus! :D Avslutningsvis så vill jag säga att jag sett fram emot det här spelet hela året, men att jag anser att ett spel i dessa dagar aldrig kan bli bättre än sina uppdateringar/expansioner/DLC, så lycka till!

Same message in English:

Despite being a tad dissapointed with the combat, primarily that it is turn-based and gives me too much information (I want it to be easier to make the wrong decision in tough situations), I'm happy with the game thus far. It could perhaps have been a bit less vanilla than strategy-tactics, but I like genre-combinations in general. With that said I've only played the tutorial so far (it was decent, but it didn't really explain how I became a mob-boss), so I don't know how well it holds up in the long run as is. I can also report that aside from the graphics being a bit so-and-so, the game plays terrificly smooth on the Switch; or at the very least it doesn't feel like I'm missing a mouse! :D Finally I'd like to say that I've been looking forward to this game all year, but I believe that a game these days can never be better than its updates/expansions/DLC, so good luck!

And yeah, I know it's against the rules here to write in languages other than English, so I'll take whatever punishment is dealt to me by the moderators (sorry if I cause you much trouble). I just wanted to express some identity through the use of my mother tongue, as well as advocate for people to have the option to speak their own languages even in society as a whole, where applicable.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Please think about adding an auto-resolve button to combat! I am really enjoying the game thus far but the combat is far too frequent at times when you just want to get on with stuff in the overworld.

• 6Like
Reactions:
I would like (after the patches have fixed the game):
- More choices in the economy and maybe even other ways to make money.
- possibility to let the AI fight the combats.
- more choices and more useful diplomacy.

• 4Like
Reactions:
We're absolutely interested in any and all feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share this. I've shared it with our design team.

Glad to hear you all are receptive to feedback and such. I enjoy the game as is (though bugs are an admitted issue) but I see it getting better and better over time.

Adding the ability to purchase gang crews on a district by district bases would be cool to. Not to micro them or anything. Just the ability to send them to attack/defend/patrol as the ai does and let them autoresolve unless you are present to aid.

Could also see upgrades for rackets that are one off (not tiered). One that alerts you when you are being cased for attack. One that lets you show up for the outside battle instead of inside battle (in regards to my previous post.)

Special modifiers you could activate could be cool as well. For X money this racket has X additional properties for x time kinda stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: