• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

trihero1

Sergeant
7 Badges
Nov 17, 2020
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Crusader Kings III
I've completed 25 grail missions now, and acquired 4 grails but not the grail of law.

Has anyone gotten it to drop, or is it bugged or somehow gated? I'm getting pretty frustrated looking for it.

Assuming a uniform distribution, the chances that I would not have gotten a grail of law by now is 0.8^25 which is less than 1%. I could have gotten unlucky but I doubt it.

Even if I did get unlucky, could you guys please make it so you don't get repeat grails until after you've found them all? It's really frustrating farming for these.

Reactions:
Same issue here. I've completed around 20 grail missions and the only one missing is also the configuration of law. This might actually be a bug rather than extremely bad luck.

Reactions:
Well I got a response from the bug forum they said they checked it and it's initialized just like the other grails. I don't know what to say other than if we keep trying and still not get it then something is wrong somewhere.

I would really love to hear if anyone at all has ever gotten the grail of config to drop.

Alright, after more than 110 hours gameplay after star king release. I now get all the relics EXCEPT GRAIL OF LAW as well.
Thus, something may be wrong.

Here is a few of my "conspiracy theories": :p
1, there may be a random number anomaly.
As we know all the "random number" are actually not random in computer science.
Maybe we are having some bad random seeds that rare hit the grail of law.

2, The max number of grail type returns incorrectly.
It may intend to get a number of grail array's size.
However, it somehow only get a number of grail array's size - 1
Thus, the last grail (which is the grail of law) never shows up.

3, The grail of law may never be added in pre-generated random table in program.
To save time. Sometimes, the "random" list is pre-generated in some games(usually online games, thus, it may not be this case.). It may looks like "life,unity,life,knownledge,potential,unity,law" If the table is big enough, it provides a sense of random. However, maybe the grail of law was never on it.

4, The grail of law may never actually exist in game.
That's the real reason why Star Union fall into the chaos in the end. :p

Anyway, that's just some possible ways to let this issue happen while configuration from designers may not detect it easily as it may from technical details..

Last edited:
I hope they test this in the beta branch. Apparently in the beta branch they weighted towards grails you haven't seen yet, but has anyone in the beta gotten a grail of law yet?

I hope they test this in the beta branch. Apparently in the beta branch they weighted towards grails you haven't seen yet, but has anyone in the beta gotten a grail of law yet?
If you don't want to switch over or are unable to due to being on another platform you can always upload your save and then we can test it for you.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Aite, I switched to beta branch and tested it.

Yes, I got a grail of law immediately (it was the last grail I was missing) on the first grail planet I tried.

Cheers!

• 1Like
Reactions: