• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont agree. The religion was part of the empire and a strong unity against the catholics made the prussian state. Also a mayor difference between polish and germans in that area. (I mean you can still convert back again ^^ and orthodox prussia is the best).
Also the culture war between Bismarck and the catholic church is another argument ^^.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I dont agree. The religion was part of the empire and a strong unity against the catholics made the prussian state. Also a mayor difference between polish and germans in that area. (I mean you can still convert back again ^^ and orthodox prussia is the best).
Also the culture war between Bismarck and the catholic church is another argument ^^.
it is stupid argument you make. I specifically said i dont care what the history is. from gameplay perspective, there is no reason to pidgeon hole player into becoming protestant/reformed if they dont want to

Reactions:
it is stupid argument you make. I specifically said i dont care what the history is. from gameplay perspective, there is no reason to pidgeon hole player into becoming protestant/reformed if they dont want to
The developers might just be afraid of Prussia gaining too many military benefits by choosing a good religion to follow, having strong ideas, and having the Prussian unique government. The Prussian Monarchy (and its militarization) is also locked behind Protestant and Reformed.

The developers might just be afraid of Prussia gaining too many military benefits by choosing a good religion to follow, having strong ideas, and having the Prussian unique government. The Prussian Monarchy (and its militarization) is also locked behind Protestant and Reformed.
catholic doesnt give military benefits i dont think. protestant and reformed both have military bonuses

i dont care what the history is.
This game is based on history :)

Tag PRU in game mean militarizated and secularizated Teutonic Order. "Prussian estates" is represented by tag DNZ (we know this because event-chain about "Prussian Confederation Revolts")

Main ideological sources of PRU are "Preußentum", "Preußische Tugenden" (eng. Prussian virtues). In early times those virtues had main meaning as monarch supremacy and supremacy of military. Later this was connected with other general social virtues. But original elements are incompatible with Catholicism.

Reactions:
Main ideological sources of PRU are "Preußentum", "Preußische Tugenden" (eng. Prussian virtues). In early times those virtues had main meaning as monarch supremacy and supremacy of military. Later this was connected with other general social virtues. But original elements are incompatible with Catholicism.
Would these Prussian Virtues be compatible with Orthodox, Coptic, Hussite, or Anglican Christianity?

Tag PRU in game mean militarizated and secularizated Teutonic Order. "Prussian estates" is represented by tag DNZ (we know this because event-chain about "Prussian Confederation Revolts")

many history in game is ignored for sake of gameplay, like the HRE not having historically accurate borders. "but its history tho" is not an argument for game. game is all about changing history not replicating it

Reactions:
Would these Prussian Virtues be compatible with Orthodox, Coptic, Hussite, or Anglican Christianity?
Orthodoxy and eastern christianity (in EU4 represented as Coptic) no. Church isn't loyal servant of monarchy ergo strong colaboration to justifying militarism. In Byzantine Empire soldiers had longtime restriction to religious life (eg. ban for holy communion).

I think, that with Anglicanim yes (still this is monarch supremacy), with Hussitism... IDK, maybe yes as republicanian state.

Reactions:
many history in game is ignored for sake of gameplay, like the HRE not having historically accurate borders. "but its history tho" is not an argument for game. game is all about changing history not replicating it
100% corrected with history aren't possible, but devs have focus to be close with good gameplay. Therefore iqta gov. aren't possible to catholic Sweden in 1444 or Russian Principality aren't unable to west African nations :) Similar indian empired are conncented with religion or culture, because eg. many ideas and praxis of Mughals are connceted with muslim ideas and praxis. Tsardom need orthodoxy, because this formation is close connected with byzantinian traditions. etc. etc.

Therefore also fact, that state ideas of Prussia were conncented with denomination created by reformation, lead to situation, that this is good.

Reactions:
Orthodoxy and eastern christianity (in EU4 represented as Coptic) no. Church isn't loyal servant of monarchy ergo strong colaboration to justifying militarism. In Byzantine Empire soldiers had longtime restriction to religious life (eg. ban for holy communion).

I think, that with Anglicanim yes (still this is monarch supremacy), with Hussitism... IDK, maybe yes as republicanian state.
Was the Orthodox excommunication of soldiers common outside of Byzantium? Anglican Prussia sounds like a good meme run. Hussite seems rather bad, so it's not a great loss to Prussia.

Would non-Christian religions break the "Prussian Virtues" like Catholic, Orthodox, Coptic, and sometimes Hussite do?

Was the Orthodox excommunication of soldiers common outside of Byzantium?
I don't remember. Certainly not in the Napoleonic period. I would have to remind myself about earlier periods, but it probably wasn't that drastic like in Byzantine Empire.

Would non-Christian religions break the "Prussian Virtues" like Catholic, Orthodox, Coptic, and sometimes Hussite do?
I'm not that good at knowdale about religion :) But I think, that in muslim, hindu or many pagan religions should be correct compatibility.

I don't remember. Certainly not in the Napoleonic period. I would have to remind myself about earlier periods, but it probably wasn't that drastic like in Byzantine Empire.

I'm not that good at knowdale about religion :) But I think, that in muslim, hindu or many pagan religions should be correct compatibility.
in game it is possible to flip to prtestant, become prussia, and then go back to catholic. so what you say make no sense.

as for orthodox not being subservant to monarch, you are wrong. the patriarchs are always puppets of political leaders.
and again there is no good reason to prevent catholic prussia. who cares what the history says, this is game.

and many time in history catholic is subservant to the monarch. like in england.

Agreed, EU4 is a historical simulation grand strategy. Removing aspects of history in its gameplay would remove the main appeal of the game. As for Prussia I also agree with Vin55, Protestantism is an important part of Prussia. Prussia accepted Protestant refugees from around Europe this is even in the game. To make it that nation forming Prussia is not needed to be Protestant is somewhat strange and removes the immersion, purpose, and historical simulation appeal of the game.

Agreed, EU4 is a historical simulation grand strategy. Removing aspects of history in its gameplay would remove the main appeal of the game. As for Prussia I also agree with Vin55, Protestantism is an important part of Prussia. Prussia accepted Protestant refugees from around Europe this is even in the game. To make it that nation forming Prussia is not needed to be Protestant is somewhat strange and removes the immersion, purpose, and historical simulation appeal of the game.
if it ruin immersion from you then you should just play prot. prussia. dont ruin game for rest of us.

how about this. catholic prussia is allowed, but they suffer a militarization penalty

Reactions:
Why do you even bother with it, I mean you need some historical immersion. And this was what definded the German duality. It is like the south and the north in the USA. Southern German where closer to Austria and mostly catholic the north protestant and united against the catholics. (Later under Prussia). The seven year war, set this even more as a rule when Prussia established themselves as a major power in Europe. (Slesia was mostly protestant, another reason for the war). I mean cmon you cannot form Prussia if you are not from on of the right cultures, so why should it be able for catholics.

Reactions:
Why do you even bother with it, I mean you need some historical immersion. And this was what definded the German duality. It is like the south and the north in the USA. Southern German where closer to Austria and mostly catholic the north protestant and united against the catholics. (Later under Prussia). The seven year war, set this even more as a rule when Prussia established themselves as a major power in Europe. (Slesia was mostly protestant, another reason for the war). I mean cmon you cannot form Prussia if you are not from on of the right cultures, so why should it be able for catholics.
not everyone is only playing to they can get a history boner dude. some people play so it is game.

again. I DONT CARE WHAT THE HISTORY IS. i said this in first part, i question if you can read English.

Reactions:
I DONT CARE WHAT THE HISTORY IS.
And the rest of us do. If you really want to throw history out the window just play with custom nations.

By your logic, Catholic Andalusia could be a thing.

Or Sunni Byzantium.

There are religious requirements to forming certain tags because those religions were integral parts of their history.

hurr durr yuo kan chang relgion aftr form

Yes, do that if you want to, but to even have the slightest resemblance of the game being similar to history, there needs to be some restrictions.

If not, why not let Polish cultured countries form Prussia? Why not French countries too? Where's the limit? Kamchadese Sikh Prussia?

• 1Love
Reactions:
not everyone is only playing to they can get a history boner dude. some people play so it is game.

again. I DONT CARE WHAT THE HISTORY IS. i said this in first part, i question if you can read English.
I think your alone here with your suggestion. Majority of the people who play the game I think wouldn't agree with you. You should also calm a bit down and have some better manners. Lastly in your own words:
dont ruin game for rest of us.

• 3Like
Reactions:
And the rest of us do. If you really want to throw history out the window just play with custom nations.

By your logic, Catholic Andalusia could be a thing.

Or Sunni Byzantium.

There are religious requirements to forming certain tags because those religions were integral parts of their history.

hurr durr yuo kan chang relgion aftr form

Yes, do that if you want to, but to even have the slightest resemblance of the game being similar to history, there needs to be some restrictions.

If not, why not let Polish cultured countries form Prussia? Why not French countries too? Where's the limit? Kamchadese Sikh Prussia?
you are being very dramatic. different religion is not same as different sect of same religion.

and the thing this guy said about prussia needed to be protestant to become militaristic in real life? load of crap. no grounding for his assertion. again, let me have my fun catholic prussia while you attempt to exactly simulate historical events in this game (like when you push a button and a 6 dev province becomes 33 dev city in 1 day)

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.