• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi and thank you for your great mod! I have a question: will this mod be ported to Crusader Kings III?

Probably, but we can't really commit to anything until at the very least we get to see the game for ourselves.

• 1Love
Reactions:
I was under the impression Paradox was giving early access to some of the main modders of CK2, which surely you are with this mod.

If we were granted early access, that would definitely be news to me.

Yeah, we've been sort of busy over the summer. Nonetheless, this is the current plan:
  • We will definitely have at least one more major release planned for CK2, planned for sometime before the end of the year.
  • After that, we might have one more smaller content release, not including any bugfix releases and whatnot.
  • Alongside both, we'll most likely start working on porting the mod to CK3. We don't really have a lot of manpower, so once we start working on that in earnest we'll more or less stop working on the CK2 version (we really can't keep up on both). When exactly we'll switch over completely is going to depend on CK3's patch schedule, especially if there's some nice features we want to wait on.
  • Porting everything over to CK3 is probably going to take a while, so it's quite likely that we'll have a few "beta" CK3 releases first, with each one porting over more mechanics until we reach a 1.0 version with all of the content from BTWK-CK2 (that we intend to port, anyways). Then we can start really playing with CK3's new modding capabilities.

• 13Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Yeah, we've been sort of busy over the summer. Nonetheless, this is the current plan:
  • We will definitely have at least one more major release planned for CK2, planned for sometime before the end of the year.
  • After that, we might have one more smaller content release, not including any bugfix releases and whatnot.
  • Alongside both, we'll most likely start working on porting the mod to CK3. We don't really have a lot of manpower, so once we start working on that in earnest we'll more or less stop working on the CK2 version (we really can't keep up on both). When exactly we'll switch over completely is going to depend on CK3's patch schedule, especially if there's some nice features we want to wait on.
  • Porting everything over to CK3 is probably going to take a while, so it's quite likely that we'll have a few "beta" CK3 releases first, with each one porting over more mechanics until we reach a 1.0 version with all of the content from BTWK-CK2 (that we intend to port, anyways). Then we can start really playing with CK3's new modding capabilities.

The main thing for us is the map. I'm still looking around at what people have been working on but I have yet to see a custom map that "zooms in". The ones I've looked at so far just add more counties to the vanilla map. For what this mod requires, it would be way too cluttered to feasibly play, it's extremely frustrating as it is trying to select individual baronies in your county - even when the camera is at maximum zoom - and that's with vanilla map, and not nearly enough provinces added to port this mod over. Ireland would be pretty much unplayable unless all the counties contain a single barony (I'm exaggerating here but you get the point).

Once we have a map that the team is happy with, you should see a bare-bones port of BTWK pop-up pretty quickly. It would give us a chance to weed out any remaining minor bugs in the history for example. I know there's a few unlanded Ui Neil lines that need sorting.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I was going over the provinces.bmp file, and I noticed some errors. A couple of pixels that differ from the closest province by only one or two RBG points. I found them off the coast of Norway, north of Uppsal, and around the Channel Islands.
1604123940819.png
1604123985941.png
1604124024327.png

Further, there are these little spots all over Italy, a pixel or two big, that also serve no discernible purpose.
1604124373430.png

These things obviously have no gameplay impact, but they cause blemishes in map images, which I am making.
1604124468129.png
Pictured: the Norway dots, how they look and how they could
1604124846450.png

Edit: holy God does this post look bad. Oh well.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I was going over the provinces.bmp file, and I noticed some errors. A couple of pixels that differ from the closest province by only one or two RBG points. I found them off the coast of Norway, north of Uppsal, and around the Channel Islands.
View attachment 648092View attachment 648093View attachment 648094
Further, there are these little spots all over Italy, a pixel or two big, that also serve no discernible purpose. View attachment 648096
These things obviously have no gameplay impact, but they cause blemishes in map images, which I am making.
View attachment 648097 Pictured: the Norway dots, how they look and how they could View attachment 648099
Edit: holy God does this post look bad. Oh well.

Sorry, missed replying to this earlier - we can definitely fix that.

When the Celts reconquer land from the Norse in Scotland, the De Jure doesn't change.

That part isn't quite ready yet, but we've gone through and fixed most of the issues with de jure title removals not happening properly.

I noticed there's a Kingdom of West Thuringia. Is there a story behind that?

Not really, it's just a formable kingdom title for characters of Thuringian culture (since actual Thuringia is just off the map).

I am so sorry to have to ask you this years later once again, but I can't conquer Saxon provinces even after the conquest cooldown has expired for some reason. Remnants of Anglia are just sitting there and I can't do anything about it. Same deal with Cantia.

I am so sorry to have to ask you this years later once again, but I can't conquer Saxon provinces even after the conquest cooldown has expired for some reason. Remnants of Anglia are just sitting there and I can't do anything about it. Same deal with Cantia.

Is the cb merely blocked, or is it missing altogether? If it's blocked, what does the tooltip say?

So what exactly is happening here? It's been a thing for like 30 years.

You're missing the condition at the bottom. Since the province is presumably tribal and not of your culture group, you need to own a neighbouring non-tribal province to use the cb.