• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I certainly hope that the playerbase don't abandon playing my SWMH work (and my fellow co-mods, although i'm the only SWMH mod that is still actively modding) immediately. I've spent god knows how many hours on it.

King, do you have a province ID map available for the latest version of SWMH or know where I can obtain one?

Sort of like the one IoannesBarbus posted a few years ago, like this:

I need something that I can readily distinguish Wasteland areas with, because I'm... working on something that I hope will be useful to the community (if I can finish it). :cool:

je can post your mod in workshop steam?

I would like you to respond to the French Private Message you got from Arko. You are French yourself, obviously. Thats why i got Arko to respond to you, so it would be easier for you guys to communicate with each other.

But if you want a response from me too, then fine. No, i would like you to not post SWMH in the Steam Workshop.

There is no conflicts between SWMH and your mod. People can download your mod and download SWMH and play them together just fine, without any problems. The Mods don't need to be uploaded together / packaged together.

There is a reason why i have never uploaded SWMH to the Steam Workshop before and i would like to keep SWMH here. SWMH doesn't need to be uploaded to the Steam Workshop.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Is there a list of terrain type for all provinces? Or a way to generate one? Some province terrains are easy to parse into a list from history/xxxprovince.txt, but how do I get ones that generate their terrain type just from terrain.bmp? Since terrain.bmp doesn't correspond to province boundaries. I guess the engine decides terrain type from most pixels of single colour inside province boundary or some such way? Even some list from SWMH dev history? I am trying to make a "province terrain view" submod for HIP/SWMH (painted colormap.dds with terrain type for each province)... Thanks!

Is there a list of terrain type for all provinces? Or a way to generate one? Some province terrains are easy to parse into a list from history/xxxprovince.txt, but how do I get ones that generate their terrain type just from terrain.bmp? Since terrain.bmp doesn't correspond to province boundaries. I guess the engine decides terrain type from most pixels of single colour inside province boundary or some such way? Even some list from SWMH dev history? I am trying to make a "province terrain view" submod for HIP/SWMH (painted colormap.dds with terrain type for each province)... Thanks!

You could run this script using the run console command. It logs everything in game.log. Be sure to run the game with '-debug -debugscripts '.

Code:
any_province = {
    limit = { has_owner = yes } # Remove if you also want to log wasteland and water provinces (lakes, rivers, oceans, etc.)
    # limit = { is_land = yes } # Uncomment this to get all land provinces, but no water provinces, or use 'is_land = no' to only get water provinces

trigger_switch = {
        on_trigger = terrain

farmlands = { log = "[This.GetName] ([This.GetID]) has farmland terrain" }
        desert = { log = "[This.GetName] ([This.GetID]) has desert terrain" }
        hills = { log = "[This.GetName] ([This.GetID]) has hills terrain" }
        steppe = { log = "[This.GetName] ([This.GetID]) has steppe terrain" }
        arctic = { log = "[This.GetName] ([This.GetID]) has arctic terrain" }
        mountain = { log = "[This.GetName] ([This.GetID]) has mountain terrain" }
        jungle = { log = "[This.GetName] ([This.GetID]) has jungle terrain" }
        coastal_desert = { log = "[This.GetName] ([This.GetID]) has coastal desert terrain" }
        marsh = { log = "[This.GetName] ([This.GetID]) has marsh terrain" }
        plains = { log = "[This.GetName] ([This.GetID]) has plains terrain" }
        forest = { log = "[This.GetName] ([This.GetID]) has forest terrain" }
        woods = { log = "[This.GetName] ([This.GetID]) has woods terrain" }
        impassable_mountains = { log = "[This.GetName] ([This.GetID]) has impassable_mountains terrain" }
        inland_ocean = { log = "[This.GetName] ([This.GetID]) has inland_ocean terrain" }
        ocean = { log = "[This.GetName] ([This.GetID]) has ocean terrain" }
        pti = { log = "[This.GetName] ([This.GetID]) has pti terrain" }
    }
}

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
You could run this script using the run console command. It logs everything in game.log. Be sure to run the game with '-debug -debugscripts '.
That is just great! I thought about using a script in-game, but didn't know about the -debug options & localization commands - there is so much to learn! Your script works perfectly, saved me a lot of time, thank you! Now just the "easy" task of painting the map - definitely not doing it by hand! :)

Thankfuly, we have provinces.bmp with their unique colours for that:
1) merge the list from your script with definition.csv and list of RGB values for each terrain type to get a list like provinceID ; provinceRGB ; terrainRGB
2) script to run imagemagick (or Python & NumPy?) to replace each and every provinceRGB with terrainRGB colour in the provinces.bmp
3) use the result as a layer to create new colormap.dds in Photoshop (I already have layers for water, rivers and borders with their masks)
... that should work, right?

Thanks!

Last edited:
@Whizzer, there you go! Generated Crusader Kings 2 province terrain map for HIP/SWMH, ver. 0.1 ;-)
@MapTerrainClean.jpg
This one is quite downscaled so the borders might be fuzzy or partly missing in places due to downscaling algo. Any rivers not defined in provinces.bmp (i.e. Nile) are obviously missing and this version is without wasteland terrain. Not sure how to paint them, perhaps with a checkerboard pattern for making it clear they're wastelands?

Please let me know if you spot any errors!

I have used CK2AutoBorder2 tool by @Toa Kraka to draw the borders (awesome script, thanks!). Colour palette is slightly adjusted from terrain.bmp, I might tweak it further for acuity and accessibility-friendly version. I'll upload a full-size version once I am sure there are no errors either in the map or in my script pipeline. Also looking at adding automatic province ID annotations.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Hah! And such a big font, how could I have missed that! Anyway, here is a tweaked version. Didn't like the colours of hills/mountains of the first one, but still tweaking... Nomads get the most garish colour, so far :(
@MapTerrain2.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I dont know if this is the correct thread to ask this but here it goes.

Is it possible to form the Habsburg family in 867?
Iron Century Update: in this update, there's a way to form it. “If you play as any one of the Etichonen dynasty and hold the province of Basel, you will have the decision to establish the Habsburg castle. All close (living) relatives of the founder in question will become a part of the new von Habsburg dynasty.” The decision cost 500 golds and give 500 prestige."

Now, I've tried it but no decision is coming up. Anybody have done this?

We had this chat once already, 2 Months ago. The answer is still the same

If people want to play with SWMH, they have plenty of opportunity to download it and get help in figuring out the installer (if that is a problem). SWMH doesn't need to be on the Steam Workshop

Reactions:
Hi! Is it possible to install SWMH without all these changes and additions applying to religions? Or at least is there a relatively simple way to deactivate those features of the mod?
Thanks in advance.