Am I the only crazy person who won't play CK3 this weekend just because I'm waiting for 1.2?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nope.Ruler designer is cool and everything, but it's not adding very much to the gameplay experience.
Idk, I think the ability to choose other religions will radically change some playthroughs - imagine Vidilist Rurik trying to move towards Southern Baltic empire instead of forming Russia. Or Hellenist Greece trying to break free of Byzantium.

• 1Like
Reactions:
1.2 comes out November 24th according to their Twitter, actually.
I must admit that the PDS having a forum of their own still deciding to favour twitter for such important announcements (while the DDs don't mention it at all) irritates me a lot. What is the correct place to know, what is going on, Twitter with its tiny messages or the forum?

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
It happens before any major update (for every game but mostly games by Paradox)
I just hold myself from playing because I'm hyped for the update and don't want to "compromise" and play the old version if a new one is just around the corner.

Besides everything they presented in the latest Dev Diary, can we expect any other improvements in the game?

Same here, I am waiting for 1.2.

Don't want to start a new campaign on a buggy and incomplete 1.1. version.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The game is still barebones and buggy. I preordered the royal edition but I have played a total of 16 hours, mostly during the first days.

I made several bug reports on day 1 which were acknowledged by Paradox but not fixed yet although fixing them takes about 5 minutes... For instance, the Estonian culture doesn't have longships in either start dates nor does it even have access to them because k_Estonia has been added to the wrong geographical region. Anyone even remotely familiar with the CK era Estonian culture won't play them if they can't raid. It feels like playing the Danes and not being able to raid, just immersion-breaking.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Idk, I think the ability to choose other religions will radically change some playthroughs - imagine Vidilist Rurik trying to move towards Southern Baltic empire instead of forming Russia. Or Hellenist Greece trying to break free of Byzantium.

It reminds me of me, first playing with a kingdom from the east, reforming either Donyi-Polo or Sedist, and then, playing a Mongolian ruler who eventually becomes Khan, and after becoming Khan invades Denmark and convers to one those religions.

With those new Siberian faiths it will be even better.

But i want some improvements as well, especially when i'm playing the Telemark dynasty, so i can invade like a real viking and embracing other culture and leaving the Asatru faith behind.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The game is still barebones and buggy. I preordered the royal edition but I have played a total of 16 hours, mostly during the first days.

I made several bug reports on day 1 which were acknowledged by Paradox but not fixed yet although fixing them takes about 5 minutes... For instance, the Estonian culture doesn't have longships in either start dates nor does it even have access to them because k_Estonia has been added to the wrong geographical region. Anyone even remotely familiar with the CK era Estonian culture won't play them if they can't raid. It feels like playing the Danes and not being able to raid, just immersion-breaking.

the Estonian longship issue has to do with the entire Baltic coast not being flagged as ‘northern Europe’. I still went Estonian in one of my Rurik playthroughs. And then intentionally disintegrated gardariki seized litomeric, swore fealty to Bohemia then seized the throne after going feudal. Those 5 stacks of cultural archers worked great for that.

• 2Like
Reactions:
the Estonian longship issue has to do with the entire Baltic coast not being flagged as ‘northern Europe’. I still went Estonian in one of my Rurik playthroughs. And then intentionally disintegrated gardariki seized litomeric, swore fealty to Bohemia then seized the throne after going feudal. Those 5 stacks of cultural archers worked great for that.

What do you mean? Going by the geographical terms, Finland is "Baltic" as it means countries on the eastern shore of the Baltic sea and it is in the correct geographical region.

The thing is, e_Scandinavia = geographical Northern-Europe in CK III and k_Estonia is in e_Scandinavia.

The Balts should not have access to longships as that would be a bit ahistorical. The Livonians were seafarers and raiders just like the Estonians but the Livonians were a Finnic people very closely related to the Estonians of Saaremaa.

The Curonians (Baltic tribe) started raiding over the sea after they had assimilated/integrated the Livonians they conquered in the 12th and 13th centuries. Seafaring terms/words in Curonian and Latvian mostly have a Finnic origin because seafaring was a foreign concept to the Balts before coming in contact with the Finnic people inhabiting all coastal areas.

So this is comparable to a culture conquering its way into the geographical region of Northern-Europe and then getting access to longships.

• 2Like
Reactions:
What do you mean? Going by the geographical terms, Finland is "Baltic" as it means countries on the eastern shore of the Baltic sea and it is in the correct geographical region.

The thing is, e_Scandinavia = geographical Northern-Europe in CK III and k_Estonia is in e_Scandinavia.

The Balts should not have access to longships as that would be a bit ahistorical. The Livonians were seafarers and raiders just like the Estonians but the Livonians were a Finnic people very closely related to the Estonians of Saaremaa.

The Curonians (Baltic tribe) started raiding over the sea after they had assimilated/integrated the Livonians they conquered in the 12th and 13th centuries. Seafaring terms/words in Curonian and Latvian mostly have a Finnic origin because seafaring was a foreign concept to the Balts before coming in contact with the Finnic people inhabiting all coastal areas.

So this is comparable to a culture conquering its way into the geographical region of Northern-Europe and then getting access to longships.
So if you click on longships. Then click on Northern Europe(the requirement to have it as non-Norse)it will highlight the region. The region includes Finland’s but not the north Baltic coast.

• 1Like
Reactions:

Which is doubly baffling because iirc you can tag areas for more then one geographical region/tag at a time for the purpose of decision triggers. So why Estonia cant be Scandinavian AND baltic is silly

I haven't played since they reveled the custom character mechanic in the last dev diary. Really just waiting for it to jump back in the game.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Titles with own laws seem to be bypassed in the succession.
Ah, I know about that. You made it sound like something more powerful. :)

it wasn't me, yo, i just gave the (presumed) explanation :p
Ah, sorry!

This is the second time I make this same mistake. I need to start cross-checking usernames before replying, heh. :)

I Think i might give it a go

But i might also Wait untill they fix

crusade hapens Only Every 20 year
Only attack when they got a bigger army

If your tribal you need to be able to convert feudal holdings to tribal...

and some education rework Since it makes No sence you cant improve your education after the age of 16 and be stick with good soldier and Never improve that perk

• 1Like
Reactions:

And then you go feudal and cant raid anymore even tho your still Pagan viking

• 2Like
Reactions:
I must admit that the PDS having a forum of their own still deciding to favour twitter for such important announcements (while the DDs don't mention it at all) irritates me a lot. What is the correct place to know, what is going on, Twitter with it's tiny messages or the forum?

Yeah, what's the point of official forums if you're just gonna post your important announcements on social media or discord? If they didn't have that twitter feed widget on the side of the forums that I occasionally glance at, I never would have known about the patch's release date.

Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions: