• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi, I observed that the AI (GB, FRA, GER, RUS, AUS) is not capable building any new troops during WWI campaign expect for the starting production that is coded. Is there any reason for this or is there a possibility for circumventing it? I loaded several savegames with different countries and the Entente is not building anything but using IC for supplies or consumer goods. Russia is not even reinforcing their Infantry Divisions. Sadly that killed my German Empire savegame because it became to easy in 1916 because they were losing so many divisions because of attrition...
Or is anyone capable of creating an event that will spawn some divisions for the Allies which can be activated via console?

Thank you. Great mod still! And I really like the new graphic additions.

I replied to you in the Grand Campaign thread. This might be by design. Does anyone happen to know if this is the case in the Vanilla WW1 campaign?

HI! can i play in russian language? All new events and decisions havent names or descriptions. Also check ...config / text - line 1425 (Daily increase of %.4f) in the russian column, there is incorrect data
Darkest Hour v 1.05.1 (TUGQ)  Mods_Blood and Iron v1.0.7 26.10.jpg

Not sure if this is a bug or wad, but I am playing as GER and sometime after launching Barbarossa in late May of '41 and before July 1st my infantry divisions all of a sudden need 33! manpower instead of the usual 13 specified in the unit file. I have searched all the event files and cannot find out what caused this and I would appreciate knowing if it is something I did or a bug. None of the other division types have changed at all and its just for new divisions, existing infantry divisions remain unchanged.

I don't suppose you can play with counters rather than sprites?

Aren't the counters working properly or something? I don't remember changing anything on the counters. Anyway sprites and graphics in general is the main thing about this mod, actually initially it was going to be just a graphics/immersion mod but then I ended up building it on World in Flames 2 and I've also added like 85% stuff from Edge of Darkness, the balance though it's a bit different from both. But still this is a mod aimed especially for players who want the game to look better. I personally can't stand counters lol But anyway although I've not even tested the counters I can't see why they wouldn't work properly.

Btw each unit has its own sprite, that's one of the main things about this mod, so you can see as easily (or even easier) what the unit is as with counters.

Aren't the counters working properly or something? I don't remember changing anything on the counters. Anyway sprites and graphics in general is the main thing about this mod, actually initially it was going to be just a graphics/immersion mod but then I ended up building it on World in Flames 2 and I've also added like 85% stuff from Edge of Darkness, the balance though it's a bit different from both. But still this is a mod aimed especially for players who want the game to look better. I personally can't stand counters lol But anyway although I've not even tested the counters I can't see why they wouldn't work properly.

Btw each unit has its own sprite, that's one of the main things about this mod, so you can see as easily (or even easier) what the unit is as with counters.

I checked and they don't work, they just have X's.

For me counters are more easily seen, show how many divisions and make it feel more like a board game.

Is this mod still being updated?

I've been modding Medieval II TW for a while now, already released my new mod and I've made some updates. I'm now working on a big overhaul to one of them (have 3 lol) and it's taking quite some time. After that I still want to do some small updates to the others, but once that's done I'll look into working on an update to this one. However it will probably be mostly graphics and audio stuff and also reintroduce the tutorial stuff for new players as apparently there are still some new players.

As for new events, the ones of other mods I know about for WWII are either alt history which is beyond the scope of this mod or stuff already covered by this mod. Not sure what else could I add on my own but maybe I'll come up with something :p As for WWI that's where it could be improved but I feel WWI doesn't go very well with this game engine as it was a very different kind of warfare. So it's more like a bonus I think.

Btw I've tested the counters and there isn't any problem with them, you guys just need to do as Blecky said: turn them on both in the launcher AND in the game menu options.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I've been modding Medieval II TW for a while now, already released my new mod and I've made some updates. I'm now working on a big overhaul to one of them (have 3 lol) and it's taking quite some time. After that I still want to do some small updates to the others, but once that's done I'll look into working on an update to this one. However it will probably be mostly graphics and audio stuff and also reintroduce the tutorial stuff for new players as apparently there are still some new players.

As for new events, the ones of other mods I know about for WWII are either alt history which is beyond the scope of this mod or stuff already covered by this mod. Not sure what else could I add on my own but maybe I'll come up with something :p As for WWI that's where it could be improved but I feel WWI doesn't go very well with this game engine as it was a very different kind of warfare. So it's more like a bonus I think.

Btw I've tested the counters and there isn't any problem with them, you guys just need to do as Blecky said: turn them on both in the launcher AND in the game menu options.

Actually you hit the nail on the head, audio & graphics sounds good (Which is already 100% why I downloaded this mod). Why did you remove a lot of the techs from EoD though?

Actually you hit the nail on the head, audio & graphics sounds good (Which is already 100% why I downloaded this mod). Why did you remove a lot of the techs from EoD though?

I didn't "removed" anything as the base of this mod is WiF2 not EoD. But out of my head the only techs I didn't added are their extra brigades stuff? I did added their tech stuff for the extra units that were already part of WiF2 (Waffen SS divisions, etc). So those extra units of WiF2 are recruitable just like in EoD.

Essentially I've merged like 85-90% of EoD stuff. Out of my head what I didn't added:

- Their extra brigades
- "Fall of France" event and their new factions which are part of it (so the "Fall of France" event in this mod is the WiF2/vanilla? one), I did added many end game events that have their new factions included but I've edited them to exclude those factions
- Their special bodyguard units
- Their later units and events from Cold War mod (is it included in EoD or am I making some confusion?), I did added EoD post war end game events though (partitions, etc)
- Minor factions events that are related to ministers (the reason for this was just lazyness as it would required making the proper adjustments in the ministers file that I didn't feel like it lol), I did added all minister events (and did the proper changes in the minister files) related to the major factions (at least the Axis ones, don't remember if I added minister related events for Allies and Soviets)

So this is the only stuff that I remember I didn't merged from EoD, either than that it's all in this mod. I've also merged their AI, game balance, etc. But I've also kept some from WiF2 and did my own adjustments, so there are differences in gameplay.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
What was your strategy as Germany overall?

There are 2 types of strategies I use:
1. I call "Best Germany", where I do all the things that are the best for me. Give Slovakia to Hungary and get 16 free divisions I use to hold Sigfried line with while destroying Poland, than invading Denmark and Norway, and doing Gelb in april. Once I conquer France, i try to get both Spain and France into Axis, take Gibraltar and invade Britain with paratroopers to Bristol, and conquering it. Then I conquer Switzerland and the Balkans, and Middle East with Italians, and invade USSR on April 1st 1941.
2. Second strategy I call "historical Germany", where I do all the same moves Hitler did, up to June 22nd 1941. When I finish Barbarossa (usually around july or august), I prepare Seelowe, and after that its easy.

How do you do this, I manage to pull off 3 or 4 large encirclement and then my offensive bogs down. Then again I usually don't use all the minor axis armies.

Using & commanding Hungary/Romania/Bulgaria/Finland will save you A LOT of trouble. For RP reasons I didn't want to control them, but I found that once I did, it made a massive difference. The AI is just not good at prioritising otherwise.

• 1Like
Reactions: