The Obligatory Stellaris Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah, you'll get a notification that someone destroyed the shipyard and then another will fire when the leader is found. Usually spawns much closer than the shipyard.
Yeah.

This time I even got to "research" a fleet killed by someone else.

And frustrating though the event placement seems to be, it's STILL a better event chain than the lost pre-FTL probes.

A realistic star created with console commands
Screenshot (614).png

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
- There's too many of them, we can't afford to track if we already have scanned the specimen or not.
- Screw this, count them as cloud of particles and scan all at once.

Screenshot-24.jpg

• 4Haha
Reactions:
So... this happened?
View attachment 649301

I abducted a pop from an enemy, and it was deposited on a planet that was still being colonized.
You'd think there'd be a check for that, like "If planet fully colonized = false, find different planet"
They lack the check, but to my knowledge there is no ill effects.

During my Devouring Swarm playthrough, I got the Portal Planetary event to fire and ended up getting the parallel dimension result, which is not only worthless to Gestalts, but also raises some hilarious questions:

"They are us, but not us. Are they prey or not? The Mind is confused..."
The "dimensional portal Drone" just produces Physics, with a side dish of Energy and Amenities for Gestalts.

They lack the check, but to my knowledge there is no ill effects.
Yeah and you can get refugees on developing colonies due to the same lack of checking.

Image Tax:
20201117002909_1.jpg

"Where's my Numistic Shrine? Let mejust SURVEY and COMMUNICATIONS that map and ... oh, that's why I'm not seeing any caravans."

• 5Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Yeah and you can get refugees on developing colonies due to the same lack of checking.

Image Tax:
View attachment 653413

"Where's my Numistic Shrine? Let mejust SURVEY and COMMUNICATIONS that map and ... oh, that's why I'm not seeing any caravans."
Looks like you solved "The mystery of the missing migrating merhcants".

Loosing the station is not a death sentence for the caravaneers. As long as they got 1 fleet left, they can just ask to settle in some other empires space.
However they may have lost all fleets. And the system has not yet become ownerless, so that might have bugged out.
I wonder what killed them?
The marrauders might be hostile, but have no reason to fly there. My best guess is that they had the Wraith Leviathan shone some light onto them?

Looks like you solved "The mystery of the missing migrating merhcants".

Loosing the station is not a death sentence for the caravaneers. As long as they got 1 fleet left, they can just ask to settle in some other empires space.
However they may have lost all fleets. And the system has not yet become ownerless, so that might have bugged out.
I wonder what killed them?
The marrauders might be hostile, but have no reason to fly there. My best guess is that they had the Wraith Leviathan shone some light onto them?
They're not dead, they're trapped. Every time a Caravaneer ship enters a system with a hostile, it immediately retreats. So their ships are caught in a loop.

In order to be visited by the Caravaneers, he'd have to destroy the Marauders.

Reactions:
Looks like one of the Marauders had every system adjacent to a Fallen Empire.

2.8.1 FEs seem quite assertive when it comes to getting the heck off their lawns.

20201120231223_1.jpg

• 9Haha
Reactions:
When AI trading goes wrong ...

I've been trying to see if there is any limit to how broken the trades can get. Apparently the answer is a resounding "No".

View attachment 655735
On the one hand, that is indeed a Master Trader.

On the other hand, I'm feeling doubt about the "Enlightened" party on the other side.

Reactions:
On the one hand, that is indeed a Master Trader.

On the other hand, I'm feeling doubt about the "Enlightened" party on the other side.
I think the AI trade valuations need a little reworking. Basing it off of the player's resource production is, like everything else in the game related to economy, open to all kinds of hilarious shenanigans.

Reactions:
When AI trading goes wrong ...

I've been trying to see if there is any limit to how broken the trades can get. Apparently the answer is a resounding "No".

View attachment 655735
And yet they won’t give a single system to you in a trade.

And yet they won’t give a single system to you in a trade.
Because trading systems is a nightmare the AI developers can not possibly deal with right now. And realy wish to never have to deal with, at all.

Reactions: