Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is paradoxcon digital happening ?
Do we have any information regarding it.

Edit: Just checked the thread on the second page so probably can't be answered.

Last edited:
Who are the writers left on Bloodlines 2 after Mitsoda and the seniors were fired?

Before this gets flagged, I did try and ask this in the Vampire forum but no response. Since story is a big part of the draw for Bloodlines 2, it's worth asking.

A bit of a blast from the past:

"Any plans to re-release Airfix Dogfighter?"

I was recovering my WinXP backup files (a nightmare since the tools are no longer part of Windows) and one of my installs was under Paradox. :)
CD cover: "Bomb the garden, smash the crockery, slam the door on your enemy, turn out the lights - do anything within your power to destroy and survive.".

A bit of a blast from the past:

"Any plans to re-release Airfix Dogfighter?"

I was recovering my WinXP backup files (a nightmare since the tools are no longer part of Windows) and one of my installs was under Paradox. :)
CD cover: "Bomb the garden, smash the crockery, slam the door on your enemy, turn out the lights - do anything within your power to destroy and survive.".
Blast from the past indeed.
I didn't know this was from Paradox. We often played it on LAN parties when we needed some break from Quake. Great game :)

I'd appreciate some remake/re-release!

Blast from the past indeed.
I didn't know this was from Paradox. We often played it on LAN parties when we needed some break from Quake. Great game :)

I'd appreciate some remake/re-release!

This is an ancient project under the old PDX. don't expect us to do anything on it unfortunately :(

Reactions:
Hello! I'm just writing this post today to ask about working conditions on the dev teams of Paradox, since I'm looking at getting a computer science degree and eventually working at paradox myself (since Paradox has made almost every single grand strategy game I've ever played and gotten me into history through CK2/3 and EU4). What is it like to work at Paradox? Is there a lot of crunch, as is the case with other game dev companies? Do devs get a say in what they're actually creating? (This is a copy-paste from a thread I posted, then a mod came around and told me to ask these questions here.)

I'd just wish they could at least announce the date they announce the announcement of new games. So we could have something to look forward to in these dark and grim times.
No clue what is happening internally but the thing about software development is announcing a date is harder than making the product itself :p

• 1Like
Reactions:
This is an ancient project under the old PDX. don't expect us to do anything on it unfortunately :(
Out of interest, is anyone that worked on Airfix dogfighter still working for Paradox? I played that game to death when I was very little.

• 1Love
Reactions:
Is there some thread to make suggestions for the forum? :confused:

I ask because of this. In the Bloodlines II many people may want World of Darkness stuff, it may keep appearing from time to time. Yet, since the forum is for BLII that kind of things need to be post somewhere else. I know there is a WoD discord: http://discord.gg/worldofdarkness , but it could also be a good idea to have an special WoD forums here on the PDX forum. That would be my suggestion... if i knew where to post it :p

Is there some thread to make suggestions for the forum? :confused:

I ask because of this. In the Bloodlines II many people may want World of Darkness stuff, it may keep appearing from time to time. Yet, since the forum is for BLII that kind of things need to be post somewhere else. I know there is a WoD discord: http://discord.gg/worldofdarkness , but it could also be a good idea to have an special WoD forums here on the PDX forum. That would be my suggestion... if i knew where to post it :p

Reactions: