• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A small panzer the size of the palm of an atlas has 3 lrm 20 or 2 ac 20 or 4 ac5. Turrets with 4 AC5 + 2 AC 10. Is it lore? Why do we need mechs, let's ride tanks. Is everything okay with the creator of the mod? Tell me a mod where this nonsense is not.

Reactions:
I am now correcting illogical moments myself. And every time I come across a similar one, I am bursting with facepalm and irritation. It's a pity I went too far and fixed the files to just drop everything. One more moment I spent 8 alpha strikes to kill the hunchback with 35% - 50% accuracy and then in just 2 backstabs with 80% accuracy I killed the warhammer. Are you satisfied with such a bolt of accuracy? This is a dump.

Reactions:
A small panzer the size of the palm of an atlas has 3 lrm 20 or 2 ac 20 or 4 ac5. Turrets with 4 AC5 + 2 AC 10. Is it lore? Why do we need mechs, let's ride tanks. Is everything okay with the creator of the mod? Tell me a mod where this nonsense is not.

Ok, first off, these are community made mods. They're free. If you don't like them then don't play them, but don't be a jerk.

If you know the names of the tanks you can look them up to see if they're consistent with the lore. The one with 2 AC/20s is a Demolisher, and yeah that's canon. As far as them being the size of an Atlas's palm, that's because the scales in HBS BT are off. The tanks are smaller than they should be, relative to the mechs. A Demolisher weighs 80 tons, so it should be much larger. There are plenty of canon tank designs that are armed to the teeth. That's offset by the fact that tanks are relatively easy to kill and don't deal well with complex terrain.

I am now correcting illogical moments myself. And every time I come across a similar one, I am bursting with facepalm and irritation. It's a pity I went too far and fixed the files to just drop everything. One more moment I spent 8 alpha strikes to kill the hunchback with 35% - 50% accuracy and then in just 2 backstabs with 80% accuracy I killed the warhammer. Are you satisfied with such a bolt of accuracy? This is a dump.

It sounds like you don't understand the game.

In the vanilla version targeting was pretty simplistic, and it was easy to get 95% accuracy. Some of the mods, including this one, make gunnery more complex by adding the tabletop rules. That means that in addition to evasion penalties you're going to take gunnery penalties or bonuses for your movement, the target's movement, differences in elevation, range (including firing a weapon at less than minimum range or beyond optimal range), cover, pilot and mech perks, damaged weapons, component damage (critical hits to actuators and so on), recoil, and various miscellaneous maluses (from being sensor locked, hit by a PPC, or overheated, for example). Some mods also add bonuses for high morale and penalties for fatigue, injuries, and stress. Being in the target's rear arc also tends to give some targeting bonuses and cancel some defensive bonuses, so having an easier time shooting something in the back than in the front is unsurprising.

Long story short, what you call facepalmingly random and stupid is actually deliberate, carefully designed, documented mechanics that you don't know about or understand.

That's on you. RTM.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
BEXCE updated 30 Aug 20: Changes posted below.
UPDATE THE CAB for this version, New models are required, check you have 4 directories for the CAB now.
CAB-Clan Mech
CAB-IS Mech
CAB-Misc
CAB-Tank

New Mechs, thanks to the CAB team:
Grand Titan *Marik 3054
Centurion D3 *Davion/Steiner 3054
Crockett 5003-1 *Comstar lostech version

Updated the following to use new model, thanks to the CAB team:
Crockett/Katana
Icarus II

New Features:

Campaigns that are completed switch planet difficulty over to how Career does it after completing the campaign. Undocumented in last patch but now confirmed to be working. You may need to save the game, restart and load after the campaign is finished.

Implemented Triple Strength Myomer for the Centurion D3 that comes out for Davion/Steiner in 3054

Implemented Exposed Weapon Linkage quirk

Added HBS like mech quirks to more mechs under BT_Extended_Quirks_Plus, disable if it isn't to your taste. BT_Extended_Quirks is heavily based on the lore and optional tabletop rules. BT_Extended_Quirks_Plus has a different goal. The intention is to help out mechs that are failing to live up to their lore description, struggling compared to their peers eg. a Shadow Hawk compared to a Wolverine, struggle to do their intended role eg. a Valkyrie, and also to help diversify the mechs and further the character. Part of the diversification is also to make certain weapon systems on certain mechs more desirable to encourage more diverse builds, weapon and mech usage but not pigeon hole. The engine size effects helps out certain mechs in part, this takes things further where needed to achieve the previously mentioned goals.
Note if updating during a current save this may make some of your mech builds invalid.

Valkyrie (based on it sucking compared to descriptions and it's complete inability to do anything to lights despite it's description)
-2 evasion ignore for LRMs
Kintaro (based on original design intention)
+2 to hit with Narc
Shadow Hawk (based on the Shadow Hawk not being this awesome machine the lore describes when most other 55t mechs can do what it does and better and ballistics kinda sucking on medium mechs)
+10% damage for ballistics, PPCs in the 2Ks case
Centurion + Trebuchet (based on lore descriptions, helping the stock design and encouraging different use than how people almost always use them)
-45 minimum range for weapons
Enforcer (based on lore description and the fact it kind of sucks cause Ballistics don't shine on 50t frames so people don't often mount one)
-2 refire bonus for ballistics
Hunchback (Based on it's street fighting, brawling description)
knock back 1 initiative phase in melee, 1 each arm
Vindicator (based on people not often using PPCs on this frame)
-2 range penalty reduction for PPCs, St. Ives version gets the bonus for Large Lasers
Hatchetman + Zeus (Based on poor performing hatchetman, lore descriptions of their design, both use the same chassis line, and to help them do their role)
Sprint and shoot ability with -6 hit penalty.
Crab + King Crab (Based purely on visual design)
-35% stability damage
Thug + Hatamoto-Chi (based on lore descriptions of them being the quintessential Zombie mechs and using the same chassis)
50% crit protection
Thunderbolt (based on all the CT ammo being such a problem and the chassis is also made by Earthwerks, same as the Thug)
25% crit protection
Victor (Based on poor performance and lore descriptions of how it was used)
Vectored Thrust kit like the Phoenix Hawk

Applied quirks to the GDL flashpoint special versions of mechs

Fixes:
Stopped flashpoint mission appearing as a normal contract
Corrected Guillotine hard points as we are using a non substitute now
Other minor fixes

Hi! I installed BEX to play Ablomis FPs and while i managed to enjoy the solaris mod (as its FPs are triggered by events), i can´t play the others because they never pop up...
Given i was told there is a limit of simultaneos FPs in the map (5 i think), and HBS ones seems to have priority, i never get to see them.
I know that in theory i could play all the HBS FPs again to clear the path, but as much as i love this game, i don´t have the time or patience to do it again, as i already played all vanilla FPs at least twice. And as i did so in campaign saves, Ablomis FPs won´t trigger on the saves i have HBS FPs already cleared as they´re not compatible with campaign...
So, can anyone give me a career save with the HBS FPs already cleared but Ablomis FPs yet to be done?
That or instructions that could lead a 5yo child to raise Ablomis FPs priority in JSON without ruining the game.
Thanks!

Hi! I installed BEX to play Ablomis FPs and while i managed to enjoy the solaris mod (as its FPs are triggered by events), i can´t play the others because they never pop up...
Given i was told there is a limit of simultaneos FPs in the map (5 i think), and HBS ones seems to have priority, i never get to see them.
I know that in theory i could play all the HBS FPs again to clear the path, but as much as i love this game, i don´t have the time or patience to do it again, as i already played all vanilla FPs at least twice. And as i did so in campaign saves, Ablomis FPs won´t trigger on the saves i have HBS FPs already cleared as they´re not compatible with campaign...
So, can anyone give me a career save with the HBS FPs already cleared but Ablomis FPs yet to be done?
That or instructions that could lead a 5yo child to raise Ablomis FPs priority in JSON without ruining the game.
Thanks!

According to Ablomis the Gray Death Flashpoints should start around the year 3029. I haven't reach that far yet!

Reactions:
BEX 1.9.1.4 is out with a fix for the AI problem.
If you just want to update instead of doing a clean reinstall of the mod, deleter the RTPerfFix folder to enable the AI.

I've been playing about 20 hours of this mod now, and loving it.

A few questions though...
1. Where are all the ER Medium lasers? I have the 4 from the Heavy Metal flashpoint Bullshark, but having visited over 30 black market sites and SLDF worlds, I haven't seen a single one on sale anywhere. Buying Bullsharks on the market for the SLDF ER M laser version is getting expensive!
2. The year is 3041 and I haven't seen a single Black Knight, either in an OpFor, or on the market? Chance to get one gone?
3. For the 3039 flashpoints, do they expire after a set time? I am working my way through the vanilla DLC flashpoints now.

Is this mod multiplayer compatible when both players have it installed?
I myself have never tried it, i have read rarely anything about it but some people was said have made it when both had all the same mods installed but that is hearsay from my side.

Best guess is you test it yourself...