Imperator DD #106 - UI rework part 2

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just want to say while there is some valid ideas for things like the pie chart graphics, the changes generally really feel like its making a difference. I know not everyone can be won, but I do think for the majority of us all the changes so far are definitely in the right direction. Looking forward to playing it with the new UI!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Why is this just being added now when this should be a base feature? HOI4 has had it since their Waking The Tiger DLC and Stellaris also has this feature of toggling things you want to see decision wise.Waking the Tiger was three years ago. This game came out in 2019, and your deciding to add this now when other games the company you work for all ready have this most basic of features.

Same for the Macro builder, EU4 has had that for a long time, why is this being added now?

I'm not sure I follow - you would prefer us not to add it?

Incidentally, as you may be aware, the macro builder has been present in the game since launch.

• 10Like
  • 7Haha
Reactions:

Incidentally, as you may be aware, the macro builder has been present in the game since launch.

No. I prefer that it be in version 1 as a basic feature that is already present in other games developed and published by Paradox, not 1.5 where we are already at.

All though I will concede the macro builder.

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
No. I prefer that it be in version 1 as a basic feature that is already present in other games developed and published by Paradox, not 1.5 where we are already at.

I think it's unfair to hold the present development team in contempt over the release version and roadmap decided by previous management. They probably have a white board at the office filled with things they have to fix, 18 months later and counting.

• 7Like
Reactions:
Creativity and ingenuity are needed to pull off games like this. I prefer I:R to happen even if we need 3.0 iterations afterwards, than not to happen at all.

Some would say, why can’t have both? Because this is Art, not a factory product.

They will reach the same level of quality, eventually. For the same reason you say: Paradox knows these things already.

Last edited:
Reactions:

Few suggestions which are on my mind.

Can we get blocked export button from capital province , keeping all the goods in capital province and keeping that juicy bonus is benefitial. Low stability can be mitigated with earthenware for citizens and so on. Example 20 earthenware is +80 happiness for citizens.

Block slave promotions (provincional level or regional ) so that all of them do not migrate in the cities as freemans and you end up with 1-2 pops per teritory or decolonized teritories.

Insta generated spouses for characters which join major family. Not to force the game for finding the balance by giving your ruler 6 doughters and 1 or 0 sons cause its frustrating and i personaly did rage quit the game few times cause of that.

Pyrhus had 6 doughters and 1 crippled son , that son again 4 doughters and O sons. Rage quit.

Restart

Same storry but this time i learned how to make difference and it does make the difference, executing all surplus males or selling them in slavary to reduce the inbalance of female male characters due the imprisoning or RNG created events in which one you get 25 % womans ( old bats) and 75 males from which ones only 2 of them are actually usable. All of them are accounted as you country pool characters which is generating huge disbalance.

Abilty to pick who do we want from the nation with imprison option, not to take 20 character which are spreading the rumors so you have to pay with tyranny or lose popularity. Lack of this ability to pick who we want is not so much logical. You are the conqueror , so you are to pick who will survive amd who will perish.

Block the option which is from 1.5 to befriend someone but not beeing able to recruit him cause , player is nation 1 (nation 2) doesnt have the diplo range.

Or add a filter who is your trade partner so that player dont have to check manualy all the nations who is buying from you just to know where you can search for spouses.

Remove the seek treatment option for imprisoned characters, that is not so cheap, you can construct up to 4 farms for that missclick.

Search for characters is tedious cause when you click on nation character screen, you check the chars, click on other nation you are on diplo screen so again click on characters instead staying on char screen.

This is what is on my mind for now.

Reactions:
The character models on the new fancy backgrounds feels a bit smudgey. Is there a quick way to make them 'pop' from the backgrounds that sort of dominate them?

I get that I may be the only one, but I still preferred the old statuary look. I'm happy that this makes ever one else happy though. Whatever keeps this game alive.

Reactions:
I think it's unfair to hold the present development team in contempt over the release version and roadmap decided by previous management. They probably have a white board at the office filled with things they have to fix, 18 months later and counting.

Now that i've returned I can address this. This isn't a present development team. It is a whole Paradox thing where it appears basic things that's should be in from the beginning are not present. I'll give you an example from another Paradox title, Hearts of Iron 4. In that game you can send part of your military to fight in foreign wars as volunteers. But if you send them you don't get them back until the side you are supporting wins, loses, or you get involved in a war. Finally a mod comes out adding a nice little UI button to recall your volunteers and PDX published this in their mod highlights for HOI4. The very first comments are, why isn't this in the base game and how embarrassing is it to have something that you should be able to do from v 1.0 of HOI4 requires a mod to be made by the time of La Resistance or the DLC before that.

Reactions: