Imperator DD #106 - UI rework part 2

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There's little point providing the ability to change governor policies if you can't see any of the information that you need to be able to choose which one to go with...

• 4Like
Reactions:
I propose calling the 'management' tab, 'realms'.

Also, please please add a possibility to reorder values along most to least, least to most, etc...

Reactions:
You will be able to remove relics from non-pantheon holy sites, yes. As you would receive no benefit from adding them (which is as designed), there will not be functionality for adding them.
Does this mean when u annex a territory, we can now have a chance to remove the relics before they are spirited away? I didn’t really know the conditions which causes a relic to be spirited away from its holy site.

P I E C H A R T S A R E B A D
I think the pie charts as they are are inadequate, but that doesn't rule out all pie charts. Someone above said putting some kind of graphical representations into the charts, such as a glow / bloom effect for the primary culture / integrated cultures / etc, or listing the %'s at the side, or when you hover over it. I think these are all valid options to improve on the pie charts.

• 5Like
Reactions:
I propose something like this:

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    185,4 KB · Views: 0
  • 19Like
Reactions:
dont understand why so much hate for the pie charts, some of us are visual types and prefer a graphical presentation of fractions. Besides, this is not CK, we dont have only liege culture and county culture, every pop has a different culture, religion and class. The world of IR is detailed, there are minorities, each culture has different rights. Pie charts belong to IR as much as they belong to Vicky and I want the original clean pie charts back!
Well, you get the idea right. But Pie charts ARE NOT REPRESENTING EVERY SINGLE CULTURE, pie charts tell only the culture group info with no info on cultures themselves. Again - make EU4 style for culture colors and pie charts WILL be more practical on what they suppose to. Vicky pie charts work because they show every single culture with their unique color and a percentage in a tooltip. What Imperator has right now is not a good execution of an idea.

Another way might be to have a secondary outer ring on the culture pie chart that shows Integrated vs non-integrated cultures.

Attachments

• imperatorPie.png
    imperatorPie.png
    314,9 KB · Views: 0
  • 4Like
Reactions:
You’ve seen this UI before, but what’s new here is that you can enable or disable the alerts for individual Nation Decisions now! This is something I wanted to add for quite some time now, so it’s great to have it in. Some of the decisions you simply care a little bit less about ;) Now you can toggle them on or off as you please.

Why is this just being added now when this should be a base feature? HOI4 has had it since their Waking The Tiger DLC and Stellaris also has this feature of toggling things you want to see decision wise.Waking the Tiger was three years ago. This game came out in 2019, and your deciding to add this now when other games the company you work for all ready have this most basic of features.

Same for the Macro builder, EU4 has had that for a long time, why is this being added now?

Reactions:
Well, you get the idea right. But Pie charts ARE NOT REPRESENTING EVERY SINGLE CULTURE, pie charts tell only the culture group info with no info on cultures themselves. Again - make EU4 style for culture colors and pie charts WILL be more practical on what they suppose to. Vicky pie charts work because they show every single culture with their unique color and a percentage in a tooltip. What Imperator has right now is not a good execution of an idea.
For sure, though personally this is a minor issue. Pie charts also show class and religion of pops within territories and not only culture. All in all for me it is easear to just look at the pie chart and get a feeling for what culture, religion and class tge pops in a city/settlement or province belong to.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Why is this just being added now when this should be a base feature? HOI4 has had it since their Waking The Tiger DLC and Stellaris also has this feature of toggling things you want to see decision wise.Waking the Tiger was three years ago. This game came out in 2019, and your deciding to add this now when other games the company you work for all ready have this most basic of features.

Same for the Macro builder, EU4 has had that for a long time, why is this being added now?
For whatever reason they clearly didn't consider copying popular QoL features from their other games as a priority during the original development. A poor and baffling decision at the time but it's a bit late to complain about it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I like the new graphics but those donut charts look god awful.

Also a word to the wise, if the last pic is Athena in the Parthenon, she held a shield and didn't look like a beggar leaning against her staff...

Reactions:
I propose something like this:
Welp. I am sold. I like this. This would satisfy me. My crusaders will pack up and leave the pielords alone if we have this :)

• 7Like
Reactions:
You will be able to remove relics from non-pantheon holy sites, yes.
Thats good.

As you would receive no benefit from adding them (which is as designed), there will not be functionality for adding them.
This is very unfortunate, please consider changing it.
  • There are many treasures, but max 12 pantheon slots. This means so many treasures and deities are wasted.
  • the non-pantheon treasures could have a limited effect. E.G. only the territory, not the whole province or ½ of the effect.
  • adding treasures to non-pantheon sites could be used to manage local population. Doing so could increase their happiness, taxation etc.
  • Characters with holdings in holy site tiles could ask to put them to their holy sites and get loyalty if the player does it.

• 6Like
Reactions:
For whatever reason they clearly didn't consider copying popular QoL features from their other games as a priority during the original development. A poor and baffling decision at the time but it's a bit late to complain about it.

Lateness does not immunize them from criticism when they finally get to something that should be in the first draft and in teams that should be talking to each other and sharing QoL features that are compatible between their games or other things that may be useful to them. They did it recently with figuring out better threading for CPUs, no reason it can be done here with QoL, etc.

Reactions:
Why are the provincial names such as Mysia Inferioris/Superioris (etc.) partly in the nominative and partly in the genitive? Makes no sense whatsoever.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think the fourth idea slot in the National Overview should have a lock or similar (like for the holy site treasures) instead of a question mark to show that it's locked behind a higher nation tier. Same with the third if not available, obviously.