• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You normally receive the pop-up massage that a character has died and then there's right after a minor event that tells you more about it.

As far as I know you can't receive any warning if someone is about to carry out an assassination attempt, which is the whole point of it, I reckon.

Strange I have the pop-up message that tells "ambition of assassination fulfilled" but no event that tells more about it.
You can know if a character is about to assassinate someone when you open its window and look at his ambition (edit : it's called the character's schemes), but you simply can't monitor each character to see if he is about to kill someone, so there should be a message in the log to tell you this !

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
At least there should be a probability to be warned of a plot, maybe based on the target character's attributes.

or have a counter scheme, if you like or think one of your characters is of vital importance, he/she could start a scheme to try to preserve his/her life, adding a negative modifier to any existing assessination plot in exchange for money.

In theory you can get the info, that someone starts an assasination scheme (and so you can see in time who is the target)...
MessageSettingGainAmbition.jpg
You can also enable to get informed, when a character finishes a scheme (less useful here, because at that point the murder or murder attempt has been carried out):
MessageSettingFulfilAmbition.jpg
The main problem with these settings is just the information glut you enable with them. You get informed about every scheme one of the characters in your land starts (or finishes). You can imagine that this is just overkill and it means something, if one says that who has all kind of info popups enabled because usually not caring about "getting interrupted" - I tried the above ones as well and soon disabled them again ;)

I just wish they would split these setting, so this can be toggled for each special ambition - or at least separately for all hostile ones.

• 3Like
Reactions: