Pick up Surviving the Aftermath at the Early Bird price!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Portable Grump

♛ Duchess of the CK3 Forums ♛
Community Ambassador
17 Badges
Feb 17, 2020
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Surviving Mars
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
Hello Survivors!

We hope you’ve enjoyed following Surviving the Aftermath’s ongoing development during our Early Access period. The community feedback has been instrumental in helping us make a game that you want to play and we couldn’t have done it without your support.

Since Surviving the Aftermath’s Early Access launch, we have been transparent about the game’s gradual price increase as additional updates and content are added leading up to launch. With Update 11 launching in October, we feel the game will have hit a major content milestone to justify a $24.99 / £21.99 / €24.99 price. It is in the spirit of transparency that we are sharing this news with you now so you can decide if you want to purchase Surviving the Aftermath at the Early Bird discount, or if you want to wait and see how the game continues to develop. We will also offer a 10% discount to all the players who own Surviving Mars, if they purchase Surviving the Aftermath on the same platform.

Anyone who purchases Surviving the Aftermath at its Early Bird $19.99 / £15.49 / €19.99 price will have full access to the game and will continue to receive all content updates released during the Early Access period. Likewise, players who purchase the game following the price increase will get access to all previously released content and all future updates while the game is in Early Access. We want to reward our players who embark on this journey with us as we continue to expand the gameplay variety in Surviving the Aftermath and create an expansive experience.

• 1Love
Reactions:
I picked up Surviving the Aftermath on the Epic Games store, not the Paradox Launcher. I am fairly certain you guys will still support the game there, but what about mod support?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I picked up Surviving the Aftermath on the Epic Games store, not the Paradox Launcher. I am fairly certain you guys will still support the game there, but what about mod support?
This question doesn't seem to have anything to do with the topic of this thread, but mods are available for the Epic edition now and presumably always will be.

Eh. I recalled Steam being able to support modding, but only for some games, and I do not recall Epic doing anything similar. Then again, I dont have a lot of experience modding, so I figured I would check.

Eh. I recalled Steam being able to support modding, but only for some games, and I do not recall Epic doing anything similar. Then again, I dont have a lot of experience modding, so I figured I would check.
Steam has a workshop for mods, so far as I know Epic does not.

Which is why we have run our own mod site for non-Steam users for some time now:

I would like to purchase and support the game, but if possible I would love to have them on Steam, since the game is listed as 'Planned to Release", so the probability to own the game on that platform is quite likely. But, since it hasn't been launched on Steam yet, can I safely assume that purchase from Steam won't get the Early Bird price? Is it possible to purchase the game at current price for Steam, or any way to transfer the game later?

Doubt it. Granted, I wish I had both Steam and Epic flags, for extremely vague RP reasons, but they are version exclusive, Steam OR Epic.

Of course, I can be wrong, but still, I do doubt it.

What about Steam Keys for those who have already bought it on the Epic store?
As Steam got none of your purchase money, it seems unlikely they will give you access to the game for free there. Unless IceFlake have a policy (all platforms for one price) like Introversion did with Prison Architect, I don't think this is going to happen, I am sorry.

@Portable Grump @matti_ifs @Joanna_ifs can you clarify this please?

Yeah. I am one of those guys who goes for 100% in many games. This isnt a game where that is technically possible, but I would still like the option to use the Steam flag in a run sometime.

What about Steam Keys for those who have already bought it on the Epic store?
I've had this game from Day 1 and if I recall correctly, as I've been anxiously anticipating an official answer for over a year now, the devs did say it was possible that early adopters would be given Steam keys.

I also recall them explaining their choice to go with Epic was because they offered the best deal for Early-access developers, but that they planned to release the game on other platforms.

And they never gave an explicit answer about whether we would get steam keys for the final release.

I'll honestly be extremely disappointed if we don't.
Many of us have stuck through all the buggy, glitchy, and very uncertain times early on with this one.

Hey everyone,

I can see that we have a few questions from the players, who purchased StA on Epic Games Store, regarding receiving a Steam version of the game now, when it's available on both platforms.

First of all, the entire team is very grateful for your early support of our game on EGS and I hope it's been a great journey for you as well. We really love receiving your initial feedback, which helps making StA a game that you want to play, so every report you've sent to us means a lot.

As we all know, with Update 11, StA also became available on Steam and our work on the Early Access continues on both platforms, so we do not plan to distribute extra Steam keys to our players, who purchased the game earlier on EGS.

Thank you for your understanding and on-going support.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Called it. I don't mean to be discouraging, but I knew this would happen.

The only other solution is help from the modding community. We'll see what they come up with.

Well, that sucks. Unfortunately since I have no other reason to use the Epic launcher, this title will just be forgotten.
All things considered, this EA experience is one I wish I'd skipped.

Hello,

Initially, it was announced that the game was not planned to be on steam and not even on early access on steam.
It was an epic game exclusivity as your company announced it,
exclusivity created by paradox marketing.
I bought it on epic games. i tested the game.

I like that game.

However, this is unfair to not offer a steam key.

Supportive customers for early access can 't be taken as hostages with marketing wars between gaming
plateforms.
We deserve a steam key, as all early access buyers on epic store.

Thanks for consideration and rethink about your marketing decisions.

Sincerely yours.

Last edited:
Initially, it was announced that the game was not planned to be on steam and not even on early access on steam.
It was an epic game exclusivity as your company announced it,
exclusivity created by paradox marketing.
I believe it was always said it would be on Steam on release day? But if you have seen a statement to the contrary please let us know!

Not to sound like a broken record, but a screenshot would help.

I also heard there is a Wayback Machine site, but I have no idea if it will help too.
That's more work than it's worth. They made it clear they have no appreciation for their early adopters.
Catching them in some "gotcha" doesn't change anything.

Reactions:
That's right. It doesnt. It just says what what was said at the time.

Surviving the Aftermath will leave Early Access and launch on Epic Games Store, Steam, Xbox One, and PlayStation® 4 in late 2020

If you’re gonna try to retcon the press release sure. But it was said the game is going ot be on Steam later back in 2019

And in May 2020

If you wanted it "on steam" you had the option to wait.

Last edited: