The Necroids Species Pack will release October 29th!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I know it's been a long year for everyone, but just as a reminder: 2.6 and 2.7, and now 2.8 have all come out this year...

Let's not blow things out of proportion. :D
Oh I definitely mean all these patches combined. Ridiculous the 'fixes' we got this year.

Reactions:
I really have no idea why the "7 pages of patch notes!" is a thing that keeps getting thrown around when grekulf has already said there are no major changes coming with the Pack because doing too much was considered too risky to mate with a Species Pack.

So, was the game director confused or are the patch notes a smoke screen?

Pierre is actually really short, and those are post-it notes. :D

• 8Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
I really have no idea why the "7 pages of patch notes!" is a thing that keeps getting thrown around when grekulf has already said there are no major changes coming with the Pack because doing too much was considered too risky to mate with a Species Pack.

So, was the game director confused or are the patch notes a smoke screen?

Probably should offer a real response, now that I think of it: we don't promise that every issue brought by the Community will be addressed in this or any other patch.

In my opinion, the devs have made good progress to addressing some of the issues affecting the Community, and some others are a work in progress, but too early to talk about.

And of course, feel free to weaponize these words against me tomorrow if you feel the need. :)

• 3Like
Reactions:
It's going to on Halloween. Thus, the DLC is going to be horrible and terrible. :p

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
I think that depends what you expect from a multiplayer match. If its PvP, most likely not. Balance was never the focus (at least not equal balance). If you play with friends, maybe in a team and against AI or as a roleplay game with conflicts depending on your ethics and story, definitly yes! It will be enjoyable. The focus here isn't PvP and i'm thankfull for this

It's not about perfect balance. It's simply about that something is so damm strong that everything becomes obsolet. I dont need to play aggainst the AI since there is no challange at all. I also hate limiting myself cause of bad game design.

Reactions:
we don't promise that every issue brought by the Community will be addressed in this or any other patch.
What about specific issues? I am not a public relations expert so this is out of my paygrade, but I am really curious why you cannot promise that, at some point in the future, end-game crises will be fixed? This is not like CK2/3 devs being reluctant to promise China; if the forum is full with questions/rants, all about the same set of issues, isn't it very easy to just say that those specific things will be dealt with one way or the other? If not in 2.8, how about 2.9, 2.10 or 3.0? I can scarcely imagine a world where the developers are not going to touch these hot potatoes, ever.

Reactions:
Yeah I agree, if this upcoming patch fixes a bunch of the issues that have been raised by the community, then I'll plonk down the cash to get this. Otherwise, I'll pass.

Reactions:
I hope You changed you minds and "undead armies" will be available to pacifists, and necrophage to xenophiles?

Reactions:
Looks nice, just sad that they didn't add some new ascension perks for the necroids (or for 'going necroid'), I think it would fit well and I think the ascension perks could use some love. Oh, and one more precursor would be nice as well :rolleyes:. I know, it's a lot to ask, but it would make it all feel more 'part of the game' having it 'integrated' in every system.

Reactions:
Can't promise that every issue listed on the forums will be fixed.

I will say that I believe the devs have made some great headway over the summer, addressing issues that are currently affecting the community. We may disagree, and feel free to throw my words back at me tomorrow if/when this is the case. :D

I feel like you are marketing your bugfixes. Making fun little spoilers and social media mysteries about upcoming features is a lot of fun. Doing the same about "will we or will we not make the game playable again" seems like a bad idea to me. The fact that all those broken systems might or might not be partially fixed is not something to be happily excited about. To me that information is necessary to decide wether I find anything else you talk about in the slightest bit interesting.

So I think someone at some point should REALLY have taken a step back and read the room a bit in the last couple of month and figured out that this approach of not talking about fixes at all and then slowly teasing the fixes with absurd measures like "patch note length" while making one friendly but ultimatively empty post after the next is really not the right way forward.

There is a time for funny jokes and teasing. But given the state that the game is in, we really needed a time for some concrete and sincere information first.
After that I would have really enjoyed being teased about the new species pack.

Hopefully something to consider when planing the next release cycle. I feel like all your other teams have this down most of the time. I hope the Stellaris team can take some notes.

Reactions:
Regarding the "too risky to deploy" part in regards to fixes; why not? It's not like it could be broken more (I probably shouldn't say that).
These fixes probably either

1) don't actually exist to be deployed, with "too risky" being marketing-speak evasion;
2) exist, but in such an experimental and raw state they could crash the game.

Reactions:
Probably best to reserve judgement until we see the actual notes. A line of text could be "Fixed various issues that broke end game crises" or it could be "Fixed a typo in flavour text".

Also no information was given as to the variety of the banana shown, so the paper could be A5 or A4...

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Regarding the "too risky to deploy" part in regards to fixes; why not? It's not like it could be broken more (I probably shouldn't say that).

Anyways, looking forward to the patch notes today!

I think you hit the nail on the head :)

Reactions:
In my country people is pay, if at all, at months begin. That said, lots of that money goes into paying the debts from the previous month and from the next month :(
Economy is fun :D