EUIV - Quick Questions / Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I do not expect it to fire all the time, or for a player. However, in 30 continuous attempts Charles got an heir within the first 10 or 15 years, sometimes even the first 5 years. I think this is worth noting because Burgundy does not seem exempt from "heir events" that might fire for the player, meaning it's very unlikely they won't get an heir. I think the previous system in which Charles was made a general made the BI more likely to fire.

31st time. Didn't fire again.

I do not expect it to fire all the time, or for a player. However, in 30 continuous attempts Charles got an heir within the first 10 or 15 years, sometimes even the first 5 years. I think this is worth noting because Burgundy does not seem exempt from "heir events" that might fire for the player, meaning it's very unlikely they won't get an heir. I think the previous system in which Charles was made a general made the BI more likely to fire.
An heir doesn't automatically prevent the burgundian succession crisis. The heir could have a weak claim, could get a weak claim from an event, could die or could be replaced by Mary with the event Marie of Burgundy.

Greetings.
I have a question about Quest for the New World.

In the old days, where was an event, or several, that in the middle/late game, after a certain date, gave a penalty to countries that has not picked Exploration, and taken the Quest for the New World idea.

It was something like "Old world lagging behind" or something in that road.

Is this kind of event still in?

I ask because I intend to play a Norway game where I do not take the Exploration group, relying on the national ideas instead for colonizing, and it used to be the case that you got the above mentioned negative effects even though you had Explorers, Conquistadores, colonies etc, just because you didnt have the Exploration idea group.

It was certainly a bug/oversight.

Another question while I am here:

I have an office laptop (for CAD/engineering work) with a Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000 GPU.

Can this working thing run EUIV?
(It is a pretty new laptop with a fast processor and 32GB ram)

Edit: Not that I would consider playing games on my office laptop, of course not, this is purely hypothetic.)

Last edited:
Another question while I am here:

I have an office laptop (for CAD/engineering work) with a Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000 GPU.

Can this working thing run EUIV?
(It is a pretty new laptop with a fast processor and 32GB ram)

Edit: Not that I would consider playing games on my office laptop, of course not, this is purely hypothetic.)
I dont know about the processor but 32GB ram surely would work

Guys as Burgundy I've restarted OVER 20 times. Why does Paradox create a mission called "English Alliance", where it suggets an alliance with England is favourable, except hardcodes England to rival you every single time? Like I said, over 20 times. I don't know how much more I can restart.

Has anyone ever managed to ally England as Burgundy?

Guys as Burgundy I've restarted OVER 20 times. Why does Paradox create a mission called "English Alliance", where it suggets an alliance with England is favourable, except hardcodes England to rival you every single time? Like I said, over 20 times. I don't know how much more I can restart.

English rivalary is a better name. I only managed to get burgenday as an ally once as england, never the opposite

You don't have to ally England to fulfill the mission. If they rival you or you rival them, you can also fulfill the mission by insulting them. Or you can ally Scotland and kill England, because if neither England nor GB exist, the first part of the mission switches to Scotland(if Scotland also doesn't exist, the first part is removed completely). Or you can outgrow England so that you are not a valid rival for them anymore and then ally them.

Reactions:

See post above. The tooltip for the mission is very misleading. Yoy need to either ally with england or france. Or rival and insult. Ally france and rival and insult england works for example

If I prevent Pretender Rebels from owning Milan will that stop the Restoration of the Union CB firing? I'd like it to fire after the Shadow Kingdom ideally.

Pu breaks if pretenders occupy capital of pu subject for 2 years. Any rebel that occupies a capital for 2 years will enforce demands

Pu breaks if pretenders occupy capital of pu subject for 2 years. Any rebel that occupies a capital for 2 years will enforce demands

What I meant was, you get the Restoration of the Union CB on Milan at some point as France, but the generation date is random and you lose the CB when they get Ambrosian Republic. They often deal with Pretender Rebels during this period so I was wondering if beating up the Pretender Rebels would stop their "reformer" leader from getting power and they'd stay a monarchy for longer, so I can get the CB after they've left the HRE.

Playing Kilwa. Called the diet and Dhimini asked me to build a temple or a cathedral. Didn’t specify a province. As a Sunni nation, I can build mosques but not temples or cathedrals. I know I’m missing something here. Help appreciated.

Playing Kilwa. Called the diet and Dhimini asked me to build a temple or a cathedral. Didn’t specify a province. As a Sunni nation, I can build mosques but not temples or cathedrals. I know I’m missing something here. Help appreciated.

Mosque is the name for temple for Sunni nations. It is the same building. Great Mosque is the name for Cathedral.
Just build a mosque and you will be fine.
Sure the Dhimmi didn't make a specification? Maybe they asked the temple to be build on a Christian or other non-Muslim province?

This agenda has a bug. It can appear in situations in which there is no valid province for it. To appear there needs to be a heathen province that can build a temple or cathedral(or whichever name is used in your situation), but the selected province has the additional requirement that it must be a full core. If you have no such province at the moment that the diet event opens, you won't be able to complete the agenda.

How would you, in theory, go Coptic Mamluks?

I'm sure you'd focus on screwing the Ottomans first and maybe conquering Anatolia to cement your position, but otherwise? Conquer Makuria and let rebels spawn, or do I need 50% Coptic development?