Imperator: Rome Developer Diary - 12th of October 2020

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So you advise to block entire culture instead of having it on provincial level or because you want it in few tetitoris? This sounds a bit off..

That is because I am a role player. I think there should be an idea behind not allowing pops promoting to freeman, like cultural discrimination.

On the other hand, if you want to min max the game, I would like the devs to implement a building or a policy instead of a button. For the province, it could be a Governor policy: slave land, no matter what culture you are, you will not be able to promote from slave.

EDIT: this policy shall have negative provincial immigration and a meaningful negative happiness to all population on the province, except for nobles, they love their inequality raw.

• 2Like
Reactions:
In the Culture interface, you can change the civic right for a whole culture pops to stop being promoted from slaves. They will not be happy, though. Blocking on the provincial level feels artificial, blocking a whole culture feels more real and there are consequences. On the other hand, blocking on territory level can be explained for production purposes. The farm/plant owner is a slaver and does not care which culture are you. Alas, we could say the same about the Governor.

I think the slave promotion allowed button is the one that should go. The buildings shall have this feature enabled, for example, a slave estate shall stop promotion of slaves as one of its features.

my two cents here
In principle I'm fine with adding in a feature that simplifies something you can already do - currently we can manually click through each settlement and block promotions, so adding in a button to do it in bulk is fine by me. I'm not averse to removing the option to block promotions for each territory if there's a more interesting gameplay mechanic in place, such as the Governor policy you suggested.

That is because I am a role player. I think there should be an idea behind not allowing pops promoting to freeman, like cultural discrimination.

On the other hand, if you want to min max the game, I would like the devs to implement a building or a policy instead of a button. For the province, it could be a Governor policy: slave land, no matter what culture you are, you will not be able to promote from slave.

EDIT: this policy shall have negative provincial immigration and a meaningful negative happiness to all population on the province, except for nobles, they love their inequality raw.

and what will happen when they assimilate ? they will not promote?

As a Seleucid fanboy I would wish to see that Adiabene would be converted to a integratial part of the seleucid empire at the beginning of the game for historic reasons. Earliest historic findings indicate that Adiabene formed around the 1. century BC due to Seleucid disintegration. Also it starts of as a tributary which makes not much sence to me and cannot be integrated without that rare event in which a tributary turns client kingdom. Also the fact that it continues to provide miliatry access to Seleucid enemies makes me hate them Assyrians even more. Keep on doing a great job guys!
You are right about the problems with the current setup, But removing Adiabene as a playable tag would make reviving the Assyrian empire impossible.
In order to fix them. Here's our proposed fix for the Seleukids and their Satrapies:
  • Make Persis a Satarpy of the Seleukids. (as in the Gladio et Sale mod)
  • move Frataraka family to Persis as the rulers
  • instead of Persian culture the Seleucids should start with integrated Median.
  • Change Adiabene from tributary to Satrapy.
The Seleukid borders in the west need to be changed somewhat as well, @Samitte has proposal on that in this thread.

• 1Like
Reactions: