• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think of the new Baldur Gates' game. It's on Early Access and you can only play up to level 4. Yet people will play it for hours making combinations repeating missions and such. How much the game is completed isn't relevant for how much time you can play it. I think the game will be out. If people is angry and/or sad now. How do everyone think they will be if the game is cancelled? PDX or HSL would need to return money, that after they put lots of money on the game. People will cry for the game that wasn't and it could kill the franchise for a while. I think the game will come out. What should worry us is the state in which comes out :(

Reactions:
Personally, I do not entertain the possibility that the game will be cancelled. You don't keep hiring new people for a game you're gonna ditch.

That being said, it bears repeating that the last gameplay demo we saw is over a year old. So even had they put out a dev diary in October, that wouldn't necessarily have allowed us to gage the state of the game, particularly given the last few dds were ... well, not so informative.

So I say once again:

1602781617807.png

^^

Last edited:
Reactions:
Or you can just start game, do litteraly anything else ... and let hours to stack ...
For example i can show you that i have 101 hours played on steam for HoMaM VI ... yet i played maximal 30, everything else i was just afk. :D

And that is exactly the reason why her credibility was gone in that moment ...

For one she is part of the team, wich means that she is payd to praise their product ...
For two, do you honestly believe that this game is all perfect, all fantastic, and all great, and there is nothing to citicise ... yet it was delayed for rest of the year so far? Oh come on. :D

Litteraly 1 gameplay and 2 trailers. :D
Both more than half year ago.

Almost a year ago.

Whoa ... that list is here on multiple threats for quite some time ... i start to think about copying it to my signature ...
Lets see once aggain some examples:
- CHARACTER CREATION!!!
- Character backgrounds, and some possible outcomes
- Character sheet
- XP obtainment, and distribution
- Weapon obtainment and durability
- Role of daysleep in the game (will it be just feature for fun, or is there any relations quests?)
- Possible usage disciplines in non-combat situations
- How Stealth will even work
- What social skill can we use
- And finaly ... blood point rewards
- And ofc there is whole Slugg questline, that is certainly not spoiler anymore, since we allready seen it around a year ago. ;)

Go on, tell me how any of it can be concidered spoiler. :p

2 weeks ago if im not wrong ... yet nobody knows how long it still be "in the works" ...
So it sadly have same effect like "we are doing something, just thrust us".
Sorry, but I had to vote laugh on your post here. Do you really believe that having a job means immediately forfeiting any integrity you have? Have you met anyone with a job before? Let me tell you, bud. The vast super majority of us with jobs are just normal people. We don't get jobs and then immediately give up all of our morals and ethics to participate in corporate conspiracies. You must have a really, really, really low opinion of Outstar.

Paradox tried showing you guys unfinished gameplay before and the result was that they were trolled, non-stop, every day as their reward. You want them to show all of this other stuff that might be unfinished and that's obviously not going to happen anymore. If you make a bed, you have to sleep in it. The behaviour from some people on this board toward footage clearly labelled PRE-ALPHA in all caps was ridiculous. I'm absolutely not surprised that they stopped showing us that stuff after that.

• 3Haha
Reactions:
So the tester could have played multiple different points of the game for 30 hours, that also included restarts, bug crashes, etc.
Oh i completely understand that since Ridixo allready mentioned Baldur's Gate 3, right now i have 108hours played there ... and the same content can be fast runed in 5h top ... i just (simmilar as Outstar, by her statement) feel the urge to check every corner, and enjoy the scenery. :D
So ... i believe its quite save to presume that 30hours she had back then, can be between 30m and 2h (max), of actual gameplay ... wich dont seem much. Certainly not enough to presume that game is "almost ready". :D :-/

So you are right with your examples that they could show all of that without spoilers.
I know ... i repeat them for quite some time by now. :D

And as i said multiple times here in multiple threads ... those things should be decided by now crystal clear ... if they are not, there is something terribly wrong with this development. :-/
So, since the situation with comunity is as it is now ... is there really anything that is holding them back to give us something to make us happy?
After all ... happy costrumer is preoder not-canceling costrumer right? :p

However, look at most game development in the industry. The vast majority of developers do not begin to showcase specific details like character creation until it's about 6 months (or less) to release.
I gues that depend on point of view ... from certain POV we are now 6 months after release date ...
So ... since originaly whole company, whole crew, and last but not least whole marketing department ... expect this game to be done by March i believe(?), we really should know SOMETHING by that time ... as you say, around remaining 6 months to release, companies usualy release informations.
Yet, so far ... we dont know any, just the clans, wich is really not much. :-/

Wich indicates one of two possible scenario ...
Either first delay was decided far before we were told ... you know something like decision to fire someone, wich was told us a month later ... so some informations were released, but every other were kept under lid ...
Or first release date was never ment to be the real one. And those informations were not even ment to be released.

After all ... many of us start preorders since day of anouncement ... they had to show those people something. :p

Most game developers show highly edited gameplay videos or just trailers showing the type of game it will be and brief moments of the story.
Same reaction as before ... good argument, but dont quite fit the story. ;)

I would not expect much of your list being shown anytime soon. I would go even further and state that most of your list probably wouldn't be shown until about 1-2 mo nths away from release.
And i say that would be misstake ... unless they wish us to loose our interest by that time.

Look at Cyberpunk 2077 or even AC: Valhalla. We are only now getting a load of information about the game within the last month before release. Before 2-3 months ago, we had only small snippets of gameplay and interviews.
Oh i watched Cyberpunk development quite closely, multiple times i mentioned them here as "look at how you should do it Paradox marketing department" ... and at last since summer i have quite the idea of how this game will work, and look ... that is btw one of reasons i know that this game is not my cup of beer.
As for AC ... i believe everyone who ever heared words "Assasins Creed" have quite some idea of what to expect ... since this series dont change that much (talking about game mechanics).
Sadly ... that isnt Bloodlines case. :(

Also ... there is question of attitude. :-/
Those project both were silent, and now their campaign started ...
Sadly ... Bloodlines allready started, then they stoped ... and that is so much worse. :-/

Lastly, that is what happened with two large companies, CD Projekt and Ubisoft. Hardsuit Labs doesn't have the same budget, size of team, or even experience. So you can't even expect the same type of information release.
Oh please, that is pure excuse ... how big budget, team or experience you needed to talk with me here? :D
How big budged, team or experience anyone from Paradox who is writing those DD's need to read this forum and try to answer AT LEAST one question that is here, instead of telling us for third time that they are working from home? :D

Yes i know ... they finaly are promissing to do that ... but that is responce of half year of begging, and so far we have nothing but that promise, and even that is not exactly direct.
Sory for saying it so harsh ... but there was many promises before. -_-
If im not atheist i would pray to finaly something like it be done ... right now i have nothing else ... but until that will be here, we will be unhappy. And i believe its understandable in our situation. :-/

Also you mention CD Project, or Ubisoft ...
How about for example Larian?
Not so big company as those two, honestly no idea how big compared to Paradox and Hardsuit Labs ... but have you seen their work at Baldur's Gate? Especialy comunity updates?
You should read them ... in fact whole Paradox, and HSL team should read them ... that is how it should be done. :-/

I would expect a dev diary in November.
I honestly envy you ... im not sure if i even wish to expect anything. :D
I expected DD in October ... nah.
I expected DD in September ... nah.
I expected meaningfull DD in August ... nah.

I think we all are just experiencing high anxiety about this game with the major firings and multiple delays.
That anxiety goes soooo much deeper in the past ...
Its just gets deeper, and deeper with every another month without any major encouragement ... it just seem that we are geting here just now, bcs this summer that fall was so far worst ...

If i may talk for myself ... yes, i kinda agree with you (with that addition i mentioned just here) ...
But for myself, the strongest power of that anxiety is the fact, how easy it seems to be beaten, if only someone who decide what will be told, and what will be kept ... will be just a little bit more open. :(

And you are quite right ... that promised DD can in fact help this situation a lot (probably not save it whole on its own tho) ... but also can be the famous last clove of the coffin.
(I hope its expresion in english, we are using it regulary in our nation.)

We just need to recognize that it is natural, especially for an inexperienced company and wait for more additional information.
Those experiences they need are laying all around ...
Here, on discord, twitter, facebook, redit, youtube ... and many more places ... all they need is just look and see.
Nobody gets experienced by constantly do the same misstake. ;)

Do you really believe that having a job means immediately forfeiting any integrity you have? Have you met anyone with a job before?
Many ... and it seem like i have met many more people with not just "a job" but with a job which requires the signing of a confidentiality agreement ...
Ever heard about it? Google ... you may be surprised.

You must have a really, really, really low opinion of Outstar.
Or American justice system ...

Paradox tried showing you guys unfinished gameplay before and the result was that they were trolled, non-stop, every day as their reward.
Oh that is cute excuse here ...
Can you make me list of just five things that was in last decade showed to internet and get zero negative responces? :D

Also ... not by me, and as far as i know, not by most people who wish to know something else. ;)

You want them to show all of this other stuff that might be unfinished and that's obviously not going to happen anymore.
I dare you to quote me litteraly ONE example of when i was demanding, or asking ... for "showing stuff" no matter how much they are done.

Or we can skip that part, since there are none ...
And you can accept difference between showing unfinished stuff, and provide information about how that stuff will work (also you need to accept difference between work, and look) when it will be finished. ;)

If you make a bed, you have to sleep in it.
You mean like when you announce something, promiss some informations, and then dont provide them?
I agree ... but that dont seem like much comfortable bed, compared to that one when you do. ;)

The behaviour from some people on this board toward footage clearly labelled PRE-ALPHA in all caps was ridiculous. I'm absolutely not surprised that they stopped showing us that stuff after that.
Well ... internet is full of trolls ...
I should know, i cant shake the feeling that i just talk to one.

//edit:
I just love that part where you completely ignored that list of non existing themes tho. ;)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Oh i completely understand that since Ridixo allready mentioned Baldur's Gate 3, right now i have 108hours played there ... and the same content can be fast runed in 5h top ... i just (simmilar as Outstar, by her statement) feel the urge to check every corner, and enjoy the scenery. :D
So ... i believe its quite save to presume that 30hours she had back then, can be between 30m and 2h (max), of actual gameplay ... wich dont seem much. Certainly not enough to presume that game is "almost ready". :D :-/

I know ... i repeat them for quite some time by now. :D

And as i said multiple times here in multiple threads ... those things should be decided by now crystal clear ... if they are not, there is something terribly wrong with this development. :-/
So, since the situation with comunity is as it is now ... is there really anything that is holding them back to give us something to make us happy?
After all ... happy costrumer is preoder not-canceling costrumer right? :p

I gues that depend on point of view ... from certain POV we are now 6 months after release date ...
So ... since originaly whole company, whole crew, and last but not least whole marketing department ... expect this game to be done by March i believe(?), we really should know SOMETHING by that time ... as you say, around remaining 6 months to release, companies usualy release informations.
Yet, so far ... we dont know any, just the clans, wich is really not much. :-/

Wich indicates one of two possible scenario ...
Either first delay was decided far before we were told ... you know something like decision to fire someone, wich was told us a month later ... so some informations were released, but every other were kept under lid ...
Or first release date was never ment to be the real one. And those informations were not even ment to be released.

After all ... many of us start preorders since day of anouncement ... they had to show those people something. :p

Same reaction as before ... good argument, but dont quite fit the story. ;)

And i say that would be misstake ... unless they wish us to loose our interest by that time.

Oh i watched Cyberpunk development quite closely, multiple times i mentioned them here as "look at how you should do it Paradox marketing department" ... and at last since summer i have quite the idea of how this game will work, and look ... that is btw one of reasons i know that this game is not my cup of beer.
As for AC ... i believe everyone who ever heared words "Assasins Creed" have quite some idea of what to expect ... since this series dont change that much (talking about game mechanics).
Sadly ... that isnt Bloodlines case. :(

Also ... there is question of attitude. :-/
Those project both were silent, and now their campaign started ...
Sadly ... Bloodlines allready started, then they stoped ... and that is so much worse. :-/

Oh please, that is pure excuse ... how big budget, team or experience you needed to talk with me here? :D
How big budged, team or experience anyone from Paradox who is writing those DD's need to read this forum and try to answer AT LEAST one question that is here, instead of telling us for third time that they are working from home? :D

Yes i know ... they finaly are promissing to do that ... but that is responce of half year of begging, and so far we have nothing but that promise, and even that is not exactly direct.
Sory for saying it so harsh ... but there was many promises before. -_-
If im not atheist i would pray to finaly something like it be done ... right now i have nothing else ... but until that will be here, we will be unhappy. And i believe its understandable in our situation. :-/

Also you mention CD Project, or Ubisoft ...
How about for example Larian?
Not so big company as those two, honestly no idea how big compared to Paradox and Hardsuit Labs ... but have you seen their work at Baldur's Gate? Especialy comunity updates?
You should read them ... in fact whole Paradox, and HSL team should read them ... that is how it should be done. :-/

I honestly envy you ... im not sure if i even wish to expect anything. :D
I expected DD in October ... nah.
I expected meaningfull DD in August ... nah.

That anxiety goes soooo much deeper in the past ...
Its just gets deeper, and deeper with every another month without any major encouragement ... it just seem that we are geting here just now, bcs this summer that fall was so far worst ...

If i may talk for myself ... yes, i kinda agree with you (with that addition i mentioned just here) ...
But for myself, the strongest power of that anxiety is the fact, how easy it seems to be beaten, if only someone who decide what will be told, and what will be kept ... will be just a little bit more open. :(

And you are quite right ... that promised DD can in fact help this situation a lot (probably not save it whole on its own tho) ... but also can be the famous last clove of the coffin.
(I hope its expresion in english, we are using it regulary in our nation.)

Those experiences they need are laying all around ...
Here, on discord, twitter, facebook, redit, youtube ... and many more places ... all they need is just look and see.
Nobody gets experienced by constantly do the same misstake. ;)

Many ... and it seem like i have met many more people with not just "a job" but with a job which requires the signing of a confidentiality agreement ...
Ever heard about it? Google ... you may be surprised.

Or American justice system ...

Oh that is cute excuse here ...
Can you make me list of just five things that was in last decade showed to internet and get zero negative responces? :D

Also ... not by me, and as far as i know, not by most people who wish to know something else. ;)

I dare you to quote me litteraly ONE example of when i was demanding, or asking ... for "showing stuff" no matter how much they are done.

Or we can skip that part, since there are none ...
And you can accept difference between showing unfinished stuff, and provide information about how that stuff will work (also you need to accept difference between work, and look) when it will be finished. ;)

You mean like when you announce something, promiss some informations, and then dont provide them?
I agree ... but that dont seem like much comfortable bed, compared to that one when you do. ;)

Well ... internet is full of trolls ...
I should know, i cant shake the feeling that i just talk to one.

//edit:
I just love that part where you completely ignored that list of non existing themes tho. ;)
Can you please stop posting like this? Please stop ripping up posts one line at a time. It is annoying to read and annoying to respond to. Please post normally. Thanks.

Outstar is a community manager at Paradox. Her job is literally to talk to us. I don't know where you think a confidentiality agreement fits into her video where she talked about playing the game. If this was an issue, then she wouldn't have made that video.

You complain about the "American justice system." Outstar is from Poland and she lives in Sweden.

You seem to have a short memory, too. You JUST posted a huge list of things that you wanted them to show you. All of that stuff could still be unfinished.

Calling me a troll just because I support Bloodlines 2 on the Bloodlines 2 board isn't a good look for you.

Don't see any point in arguing. They decided to move game to 2021, so for them there is no point of sharing juicy bits right now (ofc if they have something good, i doubt), even more so considering 3 big titles are by the door next by. At this moment pretty much nobody caring about bl2, as it release day could be dec 31 2021 or they can move it further. It might be "another duke nukem".

Optimistically we can get something around twentish of december, realistically march-april, pesimistically fall next year.

Reactions:
Theyre working on it...When you built a shelf, do you update everyone you know every step of the way?
Yes, I do when I am in a customer house, doing work on the plumbing.
Examples:
I am just turning water off
it going to smell for a bit, I just removed the toilet.
I am clearing a route to take the bath out
it going to be noisy for a bit, I am doing some drilling.
I am going to need access to this room in a bit so I can get to the pipes.
etcetera etcetera.

Reactions:
At this moment pretty much nobody caring about bl2
Im affraid i will never understand this way of thinking ...
True, interests of Bloodlines 2 cooled down ... but is it really just bcs some other game is suppose to be released? Or is it bcs they are just exhausted with this constant disapointment and frustration?

For some it maybe the first case, but for those people Bloodlines never was priority, and they were interested in it just as alternative, or "another game" ... and focused on that other game that is about to get released, no matter wich it is.
I still bet that there still are people who care ... at last few on this forum, and other media ... maybe not thausends, maybe not even hunderts ... but they are there.

there is no point of sharing juicy bits right now (ofc if they have something good, i doubt)
Me too man ... me too ...

Yet i wonder ...
Its not like you need to spend huge money to "allow Outstar to tell *this* in WoD News, wich is released regulary anyway" ... or to "make Twitter/Fcb/Discord/etc. post" ... or to "create forum topic with new info" ... or to "publish something on your own website".

So can anyone honestly think about single reason (and i mean rational reason) why not share anything, except that there is nothing to share? :-/

Someone can say that fanbase is now too small, or too divided to invest any time to create some news.
Well ... apart from the fact that news, and i mean meaningfull news, are exactly what can solve this problem in comunity ... it at last show how much paradox value his loyal fans. :(

Reactions:
Sorry, but I had to vote laugh on your post here. Do you really believe that having a job means immediately forfeiting any integrity you have? Have you met anyone with a job before? Let me tell you, bud. The vast super majority of us with jobs are just normal people. We don't get jobs and then immediately give up all of our morals and ethics to participate in corporate conspiracies. You must have a really, really, really low opinion of Outstar.

Paradox tried showing you guys unfinished gameplay before and the result was that they were trolled, non-stop, every day as their reward. You want them to show all of this other stuff that might be unfinished and that's obviously not going to happen anymore. If you make a bed, you have to sleep in it. The behaviour from some people on this board toward footage clearly labelled PRE-ALPHA in all caps was ridiculous. I'm absolutely not surprised that they stopped showing us that stuff after that.

Seemingly you lack job experience and knowledge of laws (though these differ from country to country).
As an employee you're, to my knowledge, literally bound to protect your employer from harm and not participate in harming them. Meaning your employer might hold an actual valid reason to fire you without any lay-off benefit, for you engaging in "badmouthing" them - and possibly even compensation for harm caused. But besides the possible legal ramifications there, it's an act of professionalism not to talk badly about your products, nor your employer.
But sure, in practice you'll find people in sales who'll tell you there might be better products out there - which partially can be a marketing pratice and partially sheer unprofessionalism...
Then again you're acting as if Outstar wasn't employed in Marketing/PR - she's. Her whole job contains building a positive community, which excludes talking too badly about things and includes talking more positively about things. So she's in that not really different from nuclear power station spokespersons "What leak? --- Oh that leak.".

So let's play Uno Reverse - how low do you think of Outstar thinking that she's being that unprofessional, taking money for not doing her job?

People back then didn't ridicule them. They voiced concerns about the game not being ready in the mentionend timeframes. And, what a wonder, they were right. It's still not ready. And if not for idiots trying to denounce everyone seeing a problem as idiots - as it was 'clearly labeled as alpha footage', it wouldn't have gotten half as bad as it did.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Outstar definitely changed once hired by Paradox. There are moments - like when she distanced herself from the Hardsuiit developers on social media - that I was surprised by (that's not the company line, and gave me less confidence in both Paradox and Hardsuit), but overall, her messaging has changed, because it's what Demon Investor says - it's now her job, and she's become part of the company messaging.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The reasons why not sharing now:
1. Release is somewhere very far down the road. They already scrapped they marketing campaign last year, also spend money on it. So there is no point of sharing juicy bits now, as when they will be ready to reveal release date (or maybe cancel game lol) and start marketing campaign they will not have enough materials.
2. Lots of things changing right now, they have development hell or something at least things didnt go well and not because of covid trust me, based on my observations covid first reduced productivity slightly however this was changed very soon and brought productivity way higher than prior covid.
3. Watch dogs, ac:valhalla and cp2077 releasing / doing marketing campaigns right now. Also bg3 dropped just recently. Doing any marketing campaign is like throwing money on screen to make miracle happen.

I think they screwed badly on every front. They marketing campaign screwed, game quality screwed - i am making judgement on videos and not old ones, but Damsel reveal, i seen better indie projects than that reveal, development process screwed, design screwed. I will change my mind if i will see things got better.

Paradox thrown lots of cash into this game, so now they will micromanage.

And why people don't care i would say because - uncertainty of release date if it even will be released, fans got screwed with Mitsoda firings - its all reminds of bl1 which was not the best game during release, terrible things that what shown, poor animations. And lots of nice games releasing right now.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I see you ignored it all ... so i write it aggain, so you can ignore it one more time. :D
1. Release is somewhere very far down the road.
True ... but release is only part of the proces, i know its common tactics to hold your cards to the end, but just bcs usualy things are done some way it doesnt automaticly mean that its the only right way.
Also ... "usualy" thing starts to release since anouncement, that is day you get some fanbase, and since that day you are suppose to keep that fanbase ... true, multiple delays dont help with that, but if you see Baldur's Gate 3, or Cyberpunk, wich also ben delayed more than once ... you will see that even if they delayed, the keeped in touch with theyr comunity, bcs comunity is needed for any game to success.

They already scrapped they marketing campaign last year, also spend money on it.
Once aggain true ... once aggain irelevant truth. :-/
We are not talking here about any massive campaign across the world that will cost bilions ... we are talking about posting few sentences at forum, or other social media... you know, that kind of thing we all are doing almost daily for free. :D
Especialy when you have some employee (known as Outstar btw) that is doing every week some news on Twitch ... she costs the company exactly the same money in both cases: if she is talking about some news from Bloodlines they allow her to talk about, or if she is talking about litteraly anything else WoD related ...
So no money involved ... that could be fitting excuse, but not true reason, not really.

So there is no point of sharing juicy bits now, as when they will be ready to reveal release date (or maybe cancel game lol) and start marketing campaign they will not have enough materials.
That much i allready commented (twice now) ...
But hey, be my guest ... if someone wish to play mysterious, they can sort anouncement to small and big, and those big keep for later ...
Yet you are suppose to keep your audience happy when they are waiting, give them something to chew on ... otherwise, well, just look around what will happen. And it will keep getting worse, until something change. :-/

2. Lots of things changing right now, they have development hell or something at least things didnt go well and not because of covid trust me, based on my observations covid first reduced productivity slightly however this was changed very soon and brought productivity way higher than prior covid.
Some friends of mine (yes i have those, shocking huh? :D) think that some stuios underestimated covid situation and take March not as homeoffice, but more like homevacation ... expecting situation to exaggerates quickly and being back in the proces in few weeks ...
But now they have two month deep hole in development. :-/

3. Watch dogs, ac:valhalla and cp2077 releasing / doing marketing campaigns right now. Also bg3 dropped just recently. Doing any marketing campaign is like throwing money on screen to make miracle happen.
For once i believe we allready stated that existence of one product dont mean that all other products will be thrown in the oblivion and forget forewer ... activity of this forum, and the fact that there is more than one pruduct and all of them are doing well is proving that. ;)
And for two i believe we allready stated that this is not the case of money.

So ... you are repeating 1. o_O

I think they screwed badly on every front. They marketing campaign screwed, game quality screwed - i am making judgement on videos and not old ones, but Damsel reveal, i seen better indie projects than that reveal, development process screwed, design screwed. I will change my mind if i will see things got better.

Paradox thrown lots of cash into this game, so now they will micromanage.
Once aggain i agree with you, there was lots of misstakes on the road ...
Yet i wish to add another one, and its that silence.
And its not just about they are not talking with us, or when they do they are just repeating themselfs ... its also the lack of work when releasing some actual promotional materials. If you remember when there was dancing trailer revealed, no one really known, it just happened and then, few days later Outstar was allowed in WoD news mention that "oh and BTW there is new trailer out, you should check it".
And then when guerilla was closing in, we didnt even know if Bloodlines will be there until ... not sure here, i know it was close, but i think it was about 2-3 days (?) pretty lame, since paradox was anounced two months before. :-/

So im sory to say it, but it dont seem to me like they micromanage, whatever that means ... it seem like they just fired whole campaign management, and dont manage at all.

Reactions:
Eh, I don't mind waiting longer for a dev diary, but not saying anything at all for months after firing the person making the game is.. weird, and makes me suspicious about the state of the game.

• 1Like
Reactions:
You want news? How about the current news that Cara Ellison (the senior narrative designer / writer) is also not longer working on Bloodlines 2?
Maybe her work is done but i doubt that. It appears more likely that she also was fired.

Reactions:
You want news? How about the current news that Cara Ellison (the senior narrative designer / writer) is also not longer working on Bloodlines 2?
Maybe her work is done but i doubt that. It appears more likely that she also was fired.

Where did you find this information? I looked it up myself and could not find any credible sources that this is true and she is no longer working on the game.

Well from her own Twitter account. She was removed her title as Senior Narrative designer from her Twitter bio and she moved back to the UK.

Ah. Well, she may or may not be with the project anymore. Writers and developers do go from time to time. Because she was brought in by Mitsoda, she may had decided to leave on her own or, as it has been said elsewhere, her work may have been finished for the current game. There is no evidence that she was fired besides a title being removed from her personal twitter page. As for her moving back home, that could mean many things. You don't have to be in Seattle to work on the project. That isn't much to go on. The point is, this type of conjecture is unhealthy for the community. I understand the firings of Mitsoda and Cluney, along with no new updates is maddening, but we aren't doing anyone any favors in throwing up theories with little to go on. To be fair, this is of course what happens when developers are go dormant for a bit. The community is going to fill the void with conjecture, theories, and usually negative thoughts. It's just sad that it has come to this. We just need to have more patience.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
There is no evidence that she was fired besides a title being removed from her personal twitter page.
Its the same story as Mitsoda. Before there was an official statement Mitsoda also only removed his title from Twitter.
And yeah i believe that she was fired because come on we all know how non-problematic parting are done with a statement that everything is ok
without this person.

So no Cara Ellison didn´t wrote: "Hi Bloodlines 2 Community today was my last day at Hardsuit Labs and moving back to the UK for just personal reasons.
But don´t worry the game is a good state and every day the Bloodlines 2 Team makes it even better. I am proud that i was part
of this amazing opportunity which you don´t get that often. Can´t wait to play this game.
Cara Ellison"

But right now there is no statement from her or Hardsuit Labs / Paradox about her departure. This is without any doubt a bad sign atleast for now.

That isn't much to go on. The point is, this type of conjecture is unhealthy for the community. I understand the firings of Mitsoda and Cluney, along with no new updates is maddening, but we aren't doing anyone any favors in throwing up theories with little to go on. To be fair, this is of course what happens when developers are go dormant for a bit. The community is going to fill the void with conjecture, theories, and usually negative thoughts. It's just sad that it has come to this. We just need to have more patience.
Oh i get it everything should be only positive here in the forum. No negative news just positive because everything is fine right now.
Frank Drebin: "Nothing to see here. PLEASE DISPERSE."
Bhq7ehYCMAAsmyK

You want this to stop well maybe Hardsuit Labs / Paradox should stop firing their employees.

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
The community is going to fill the void with conjecture, theories, and usually negative thoughts. It's just sad that it has come to this. We just need to have more patience.
OR ... we just need some official informations. :D
Then there will be no void ... therefore no place for conjecture ... therefore no negativity ... therefore everyone will be happy ... conclusion?
It just depends on how Paradox approaches it. :p The longer they waits, the more negativity will be accumulated, after all ... its natural proces. ;)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Cara Ellison is clearly not longer at Hardsuit Labs because she gets many job offers.

Also keep in mind that after her Twitter break (26. Mai to 11. October) she hasn´t mention her previous job at Hardsuit Labs at all.
So yeah i still believe that she was fired and also signed a NDA which doesn´t allow her to talk about anything regarding Bloodlines 2, Hardsuit Labs and Paradox.

Status
Not open for further replies.