• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The parts of the game that can be edited (that is, not the stuff that was compiled into the executable code) can be edited with any text editor, from Notepad through Word, or a programmers' editor like JEdit or vim. Most of the directories underneath your install directory have game data, but .../common is a good place to start poking around.

If you mean a syntax-aware configuration file for one of those programmers' editors, so it can color-code keywords and make sure all your curly brackets are closed, then I haven't heard of one.

A map editor would probably a more useful tool. The map files are regular image files, but keeping them coordinated is a bit of a chore, and it's be nice not to have to search for province IDs.

Reactions:
If you mean a syntax-aware configuration file for one of those programmers' editors, so it can color-code keywords and make sure all your curly brackets are closed, then I haven't heard of one.

Sublime text has the capacity to colour-code keywords - it's not as great at brackets, but it's better than nothing. You've reminded me I should set up my colour-coding again, cheers :)

Hi, I am having trouble finding the icons for naval technologies included in Man the Guns, on the wiki. This also includes fire control system and radar modules for navies. Where in "Category:Icons" are they?

Hi, I am having trouble finding the icons for naval technologies included in Man the Guns, on the wiki. This also includes fire control system and radar modules for navies. Where in "Category:Icons" are they?
If they were uploaded they should be under https://hoi4.paradoxwikis.com/Category:Technology_icons
Another option is that they were not categorized, in which case you could use search, such as https://hoi4.paradoxwikis.com/index...ltext=1&searchToken=5dvuwfzlxgt4xdm0niycm3x7p

Hope that helped.

Reactions:
Cheers Solsys, much appreciated :)
@bitmode ,@Mister Analyst ,@Axe99 ,
The email function should be working now (checked on EU4). Please check if you experience any further issues with it.

Cheers Solsys :) @bitmode -and @Mister Analyst - I've put a comment on your talk pages - hopefully you'll get an email notification. Let me know if you don't. If there's any chance you could delete the comments, that'll test whether I get them. If I've been dumb, please let me know - the intention is to be helpful, but I'm rustier than a ship that hasn't been dry-docked in half a decade when it comes to the wiki.

Edit: You little ripper, we're back in business :D (many thanks Bitmode :) )

1597705808030.png

It'll take me a while, and I have very limited capacity, but I'll start reading the wiki again and work towards being a useful contributor - as expected, this makes a huge difference. A way of effectively watching pages (other than manual scanning - and that's just impractical with the capacity I have) makes wiki editing feasible again.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Hope that helped.
Thanks! Sadly it seems they have not yet been uploaded to the wiki. For example your linked searched result should also include the navy radar module.
I was thinking about adding Man the Guns naval technologies to the wiki. The current page only includes stuff before Man the Guns.
But first those images needs to be uploaded to the wiki, so that I can create proper tables with pictures.

Thanks! Sadly it seems they have not yet been uploaded to the wiki. For example your linked searched result should also include the navy radar module.
I was thinking about adding Man the Guns naval technologies to the wiki. The current page only includes stuff before Man the Guns.
But first those images needs to be uploaded to the wiki, so that I can create proper tables with pictures.
I categorized the 3 fire control system icons to https://hoi4.paradoxwikis.com/Category:Technology_icons
Will upload all the other icons in the evening.
You could search the wiki for existing uncategorized icons meanwhile. (I searched for "fire" and checked "Multimedia" in the search options to find the fire controls...)

Reactions:
You can prepare the content using a temp icon (unknown.png) and the icons could be added later -- I should be free after CK3 is out.
I categorized the 3 fire control system icons to https://hoi4.paradoxwikis.com/Category:Technology_icons
Thanks, but seems those will need to be re-uploaded (as png with alpha channel).

Reactions:

Ok, now you got 59 new icons from the MTG naval tech tree in https://hoi4.paradoxwikis.com/Category:Technology_icons
Thanks for help @Lillebror!

There are still 98 icons more from the ship designer... :p

Reactions:
@SolSys

Can you provide a confirmation for uploading images to the HOI4 wiki. Images uploaded to the latest update should be per version 1.10? Will this cause any tracking/sequencing issues for the wiki?

NameStatusGame VersionWiki Version?
Initial HOI4 Game Released1.0.01.0
Red Ball Express Released1.1.01.1
La ResistanceReleased1.9.31.9
Collie Released - Latest Update1.10.11.10
BarbarossaNot Released - Pending1.11.x1.11

Reactions:
@SolSys

Can you provide a confirmation for uploading images to the HOI4 wiki. Images uploaded to the latest update should be per version 1.10? Will this cause any tracking/sequencing issues for the wiki?

NameStatusGame VersionWiki Version?
Initial HOI4 GameReleased1.0.01.0
Red Ball ExpressReleased1.1.01.1
La ResistanceReleased1.9.31.9
CollieReleased - Latest Update1.10.11.10
BarbarossaNot Released - Pending1.11.x1.11
Not sure what you mean exactly.
Content on the wikis should conform to latest live version of the game. Content from beta patches or similar is not to be on the wikis.

Reactions:
Not sure what you mean exactly.
Content on the wikis should conform to latest live version of the game. Content from beta patches or similar is not to be on the wikis.
The images will be the latest live version. My documentation will be in the edit notes with the phrase "HOI4v 1.10.1 Collie".

EDIT: It appears that the correct version for the HOI4 wiki is "1.10" per the wiki page currently being created -
wiki category page.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: