The Obligatory EUIV Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm a little concerned by my ally's grasp of geography:
View attachment 632243
That's like the coast of Brazil; a little warmer than l'Antarctique . . .

And yes that little round thingy beside the Imperial Eagle indicates the Russians are having their revolution two centuries early . . .
This was the name of the French Huguenot colony in the Rio de Janiero bay. At teh time, "antartic" was sinonymous to "austral".

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'll just leave this over here (played in 1.29)

20190922121631_1.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions:
Ming had a bad time this game. It is sitting for more than a century on 0 mandate with no tributary and two big nomad tribes (Tchagatai and Manchu) on its border, and probably only escapes invasion because it was my ally (I am Spain, 1st world power).

Also when Tchagatai lost a war while trying to invade India, and was forced to cancel its alliance with Ayutthaya, the latter country has no more ally and was my neigbour in Malaysia, so Ming attacked it to make it a tributary and called me in the war.

Well I did most of the work (actually raised 6 60k merc companies in the area and a dozen infantry regimenst for carpet sieging, and send 140 galleons to rule the sea). Ming had 500k men on the border but still manages to let an enemy 35k stack pass between them and go all the way up to Peking, starting to siege it. Then all Chinese armies turned back and marched to Peking to save it. At least they succeeded. The time they came back, Ayutthaya was a wreck. It has still an army but no more fleet, no capital and only two forts remaining.

But then Ming decided to make peace and was really well paid for its contribution:
Ming Force 508.jpg

Yes, Ming won 508 power projection in this war !!!! Seems to make Ayutthaya a tributary really does it !

• 2Like
Reactions:
So, playing a three-quarters-coop (aka, pretty much coop, but with a lot of bartering about nonsensical reasons as to why X should get involved for Y's war) as Bohemia/Sweden/Muscovy, me playing as the first of the three went full on Hussite. Which has a pre-reformation destabilizing effect on the HRE. Didn't help when the actual Reformation kicked off and all 7 centers of Reformation were inside of the HRE borders...

Long story short, the only remaining Catholic country is Ansbach and with the ruling Emperor (said OPM Ansbach) not having a heir, the Electors had to look... a bit further to find an eligible Catholic nation they didn't feel threatened by.

It's still hilarious they didn't even consider Castille or Aragorn though.
20201023152242_1.jpg

• 2Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
So, playing a three-quarters-coop (aka, pretty much coop, but with a lot of bartering about nonsensical reasons as to why X should get involved for Y's war) as Bohemia/Sweden/Muscovy, me playing as the first of the three went full on Hussite. Which has a pre-reformation destabilizing effect on the HRE. Didn't help when the actual Reformation kicked off and all 7 centers of Reformation were inside of the HRE borders...

Long story short, the only remaining Catholic country is Ansbach and with the ruling Emperor (said OPM Ansbach) not having a heir, the Electors had to look... a bit further to find an eligible Catholic nation they didn't feel threatened by.

It's still hilarious they didn't even consider Castille or Aragorn though.
View attachment 645446
You'd think by this point we'd have a panic event for when the reformation is too successful before the Thirty Years War happens. Say when there's no Catholic monarchy left in the HRE proper. The HRE self-dismantles alarmingly often thanks to a lack of emperor candidates.