• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SchwarzKatze

Field Marshal
45 Badges
Nov 8, 2008
CK2 Cultures Banner.png

What is this mod?
This mod ports the missing CK2 3.0 cultures: Arberian, Carantanian, Coptic, Crimean Gothic, and Dalmatian to CK3.
This mod is intended to be playable on its own but can also be integrated into other mods. (see instructions)

Features:
- 100% port of name lists and dynasty name lists to CK3 format.
- 100% port of characters, and all 867/1066 rulers in CK2 are playable.
- Province cultures mapped to CK3.
- Most cultural province/title names are ported if found in CK3.
- Most names are linked in the name list.

Changes from CK2:
- The CK2 County of Pettau is mapped to the County of Ljubliana.
- Dalmatians are made Orthodox because they are still part of ERE, technically.
- Dalmatians are independent, in line with CK3's setup.
- Dalmatian rulers are made feudal so that they are playable.
- Dalmatian rulers of the Duchy of Ragusa is always called Rector even when feudal. (Republic rulers only in CK2)
- Coptic culture isn't mapped based on CK2 due to map differences. Instead, all cultural Egyptian but religiously Coptic provinces receive Coptic culture.

Other changes from vanilla CK3:
- The County of Ragusa/Dubrovnik is controlled by Dalmatians in 867 and 1066 in line with CK2 and history.

• 5Like
Reactions:
Playable Characters
Rector Giuco.png

867:

Dalmatian:

Rector (Duke) Giuco Pius of Ragusa, independent
Count Lucarus Bucchia of Jadera (Zadar), vassal of Duke Giuco
Count Hadrianus Cres of Crepsa (Cherso), vassal of Duke Giuco

Carantanian:
Count Branimir Vukcic of Ljubljana, part of East Francia
Count Dobrilo Ivkovic of Kranj, part of East Francia

Crimean Gothic:
Count Petronas Kamateros of Kerch, part of ERE

1066:

Dalmatian:
Rector (Duke) Maroe Prodanelli of Ragusa, independent

Crimean Gothic:
Count Theodoros Dalassenos of Kerch, part of ERE

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
How to incorporate this mod into other mods:
You're free to incorporate this mod to your own mods. Most of the files are self-contained, but some edits to vanilla files are unavoidable. Here's a guide on how to resolve the conflicts:

Non-essential conflict-prone files:

common\landed_titles\00_landed_titles.txt
This file contains only cosmetic changes (cultural landed title names) and conflicts with any other changes to vanilla titles. You can safely omit it if merging the file takes too much effort.

common\culture\culture_names\00_names.txt
This file is responsible for linking names across cultures. Without it, the only issues would be regnal numbers not syncing across cultures and characters not getting renamed properly when they switch culture.

common\culture\innovations\00_cultural_maa_innovations.txt
The common South Slavic cultural history file gives the entire culture group the Konni MaA, but the innovation file explicitly lists individual South Slavic cultures, so Carantanian has to be added.

Essential files conflict resolution:

common\culture\cultures\
The only changes are the addition of the five cultures. Everything else in vanilla and can be safely changed.

history\characters\egyptian.txt
history\characters\greek.txt
Some vanilla characters have been extracted from them. The ID of affected characters are listed at the beginning of the files.

history\provinces\k_egypt.txt
Only Egypt's province history is completely replaced due to the large number of changes. The rest are placed in the replace folder which contains only the affected provinces.

history\titles\k_bavaria.txt
history\titles\k_croatia.txt
A few titles have been removed from these two files. The affected titles are listed at the beginning of the files.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Reserved

@SchwarzKatze

This is a great idea - well done!

Question: is this only available on PDX Mods? Is there a Steam version also?

The mod is now released!

Tried out this mod rn, I like it! Keep up the good work! :)

I'm not sure but are Jurchens in CK3? There might be a character there. I wanted to find a way to play Jurchens again.
The culture is in, but there are no Jurchen characters in CK2 in 867 or 1066 so their character list wasn't ported to CK3, and there's no random Chinese adventurer event in CK3 so they will never appear.

Reactions:
The culture is in, but there are no Jurchen characters in CK2 in 867 or 1066 so their character list wasn't ported to CK3, and there's no random Chinese adventurer event in CK3 so they will never appear.
Fair. I'd have to make a quick Jurchen character joins court event to see them then.

Just a quick double-check: does the mod work for all of you? I've never uploaded to Paradox Mods before so I want to make sure I did it right.

Just a quick double-check: does the mod work for all of you? I've never uploaded to Paradox Mods before so I want to make sure I did it right.
Yesterday it was working, but today, it doesn't work :(

Looks really great, I honestly love any mod that expands on cultures. For my mod (Nova Aetas(which a a large total conversion)) I just finished a week ago a large revamp of berbers after a good deal of research.

As far as I am aware this mod has never been updated for subsequent patches of CK III (only the launch build) and is not on Steam Workshop. As per the mod owner's recommendations above, I have incorporated an expanded version of this mod into my own, available here. If anyone's interested in playing with these cultures in a historical/gameplay improvement mod on the current version of the game then feel free to check it out.