• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Tigrans don't necessarily need to have an Egyptian theme.
thundercats-puzzle-mb-100-pieces-the-thundercats-ref3417-21-p-image-357831-grande.jpg

I for one welcome our furry feline overlords.

• 2Haha
Reactions:
A prediction.
Based on the tweets in the last few days,I'd say the new faction has electrical and sonic damage.
We were asked if we could 'hear' their approach (twice) , and that it was a thunderous sound.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Tigrans don't necessarily need to have an Egyptian theme.
thundercats-puzzle-mb-100-pieces-the-thundercats-ref3417-21-p-image-357831-grande.jpg

I for one welcome our furry feline overlords.

Funny. Didn't David Bowie was part of that series :p

But if this is what the devs have in store for us. Better they implement a Stellaris purge-like system. I will need :D

Reactions:
Thunderbolts and lightning, very very frightening!

It either refers to the new factions means of transportation - does anyone recall Age of Sigmars "Stormacast Eternals"? They literally appear on the battlefields via lightning strikes. Or they can be these Protoss/Eldar-like highly advanced faction (although we already have Void tech).

Alas at the end of the day we really will get this "glam rock" Thundercats Tigran faction wearing blatant costumes :D This would kinda fit into Planetfalls retro sci-fi setting.

Reactions:
The tweet "thunderous" seems more related to sound to me, than literal lightning. Keep in mind thunder is different than lightning if i recall correctly, thunder is the sound before lightning flashes (or strikes).

I guess as said above, it has something related to omni weaponry and something else, arc maybe. I really hope it's another alien though, i mean like kirko or shakarn. I'm more interested about the NPC though, i hope they include one or two new NPC faction, and i hope they are factions comprised of only powerful creatures (like the equivalent of dragon or giant dwelling in AoW3), i mean NPC whose units are only tier 3 and 4, meaning that the player need to keep long term relationship to access their units, there is no NPC with such mechanic yet, i think it will be a nice addition.

Reactions:
It either refers to the new factions means of transportation - does anyone recall Age of Sigmars "Stormacast Eternals"? They literally appear on the battlefields via lightning strikes. Or they can be these Protoss/Eldar-like highly advanced faction (although we already have Void tech).

Alas at the end of the day we really will get this "glam rock" Thundercats Tigran faction wearing blatant costumes :D This would kinda fit into Planetfalls retro sci-fi setting.

A faction with unique strategic mechanics would be awesome. Better yet, perhaps the arrival 'stormcast' faction would allow all factions to explore a new strategic layer, with the new race having it unlocked from the start with a significant drawback(one city faction with slowly increasing 'stormcasting' range?)

Glamrock cats scare me though.....Seems like thefour gods of a totally unrelated franchise might come-a knockin

Last edited:
Reactions:
A faction with unique strategic mechanics would be awesome. Better yet, perhaps the arrival 'stormcast' faction would allow all factions to explore a new stragetic layer, with the new race having it unlocked from the start with a significant drawback(one city faction with slowly increasing 'stormcasting' range?)

Glamrock cats scare me though.....Seems like thefour gods of a totally unrelated franchise might come-a knockin
Are you thinking of like say an orbital or stratosphere layer? Because a race designed around building and operating among the clouds could be really interesting, particularly as it'd give the orbital relays/teleporters another function. The glamrock descends from the heavens.

Reactions:
Are you thinking of like say an orbital or stratosphere layer? Because a race designed around building and operating among the clouds could be really interesting, particularly as it'd give the orbital relays/teleporters another function. The glamrock descends from the heavens.

Precisely. Especially since an orbital layer has been hinted at before and was removed (or never implemented fully) if I remember correctly. Also, the layer game is a staple of aow.

Reactions:

If that really happen, one of my greatest wish for planetfall become reality.

It should be possible for planetfall's game engine, i mean previous AoW games have more than one map layers (strategically), orbital layer is just another layer too, should be no problem for their game engine. Although, lore-wise, i think the void realm layer seems to make more sense.

No Entropy-based damage race?:(

Theoretically, entropy in planetfall is the equivalent to death damage. There are no life damage yet, instead of entropy i prefer the opposite of it. I mean not in a physic way, because if you refer to physic, then reverse entropy is the life damage channel, which already exist in game (entropy in game = death and life). By life damage here, i mean something like divine type, but i don't get my hopes high, because despite in AoW 1 and 2 they are their own type of damage channel, in 3 holy or life is a combination of fire and spirit. It's rather odd that celestian is psionic, it should be thermal and psionic, i prefer thermal and aether, psionic is way more mundane, aether is more otherworldly.

Reactions:
Celestian IS thermal and psionic. Lightbringers do Thermal damage. However, I think this is less because Celestian is oriented with life, and more because at some level Celestians gain their power through being attuned to the stars. Lightbringers channel the physical aspects of stars, while Light Guides and Ascended Teachers are more... metaphysical.

That said, I don't think it's really accurate to describe entropy as 'death', per se. Death would probably be a mix of entropy and psionic. Remember that, as much as Heritor is about transferring life energy from one to another, it's not the only secret tech that gains power from death.

The tweet "thunderous" seems more related to sound to me, than literal lightning. Keep in mind thunder is different than lightning if i recall correctly, thunder is the sound before lightning flashes (or strikes).
They're kinda seperate, but from a physics perspective, thunder is simply the sound of lightning. The two are generated simultaneously, but due to the different speeds of light and sound, you usually see the lightning before you hear the thunder (which is why you can get an idea of how far away it is based on the lag between seeing it and hearing it).

Reactions:
Celestian IS thermal and psionic. Lightbringers do Thermal damage. However, I think this is less because Celestian is oriented with life, and more because at some level Celestians gain their power through being attuned to the stars. Lightbringers channel the physical aspects of stars, while Light Guides and Ascended Teachers are more... metaphysical.

That said, I don't think it's really accurate to describe entropy as 'death', per se. Death would probably be a mix of entropy and psionic. Remember that, as much as Heritor is about transferring life energy from one to another, it's not the only secret tech that gains power from death.

They're kinda seperate, but from a physics perspective, thunder is simply the sound of lightning. The two are generated simultaneously, but due to the different speeds of light and sound, you usually see the lightning before you hear the thunder (which is why you can get an idea of how far away it is based on the lag between seeing it and hearing it).

Yes, although what i mean is both thermal and psionic in each ability. In celestian they're all separated

The reason i relate entropy with death and also life is because they are the only damage channel and method to produce that damage that is the most capable in altering life and death in physics context.

Although how entropy works in game is more related to the manipulation of the object's time rather than the time irrelative to all object's time.

Which is why it is the most related to death and life damage, only in the material realms (realms constrained by law of physics)

While psionic (i believe it's better if it's changed to aether) is life and death damage in the immaterial realm in more of aetheric context. The aether storm mod description supports this i believe

I'm not saying that psionic or aether is the opposite of entropy. Rather aether is the immaterial version of entropy, and vice versa. Sort of the powers of necron's star gods and the chaos gods in WH40k.

Regarding thunder, your description makes it more valid that thunder is more related to sound than the lightning itself

Reactions: