HoI4 DevDiary - Art and Achievements

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Okay, we have a few more "annex the world" achievements!

I have some questions.
Prussia of the Balkans: As Bulgaria capitulate Turkey while also controlling the rest of the Balkans, including Greece.
What does "As Bulgaria capitulate Turkey" exactly mean? Surrender, but also control required regions? That's insane! Wouldn't the states controlled also automatically be given to Turkey?

Okay, for the first question, I think I understand what does it mean – it means “ defeat” here. But actually capitulate is an intransitive verb, and technically there is no such way of using it. Why not just use the word “defeat“ like what you do in “Finnish It”?

Bad Romeance: Restore Byzantium and have Italy, Romania, and Russia as subjects.
What is "Romeance"? Does it mean Rome-ance, ancestor of the Rome?

Last edited:
Reactions:
Thanks for the art, guys!

If I could make one suggestion, it doesn't make sense to have unique generic tanks, when Turkey used vehicles with already existing art - you know, T-26's bought from Soviet Union, some Panzers, etc. An assortment of foreign/generic vehicles makes more sense.

• 1Like
Reactions:
For the tshirt achievement, the description is really confusing, can we get a clarification?

Reactions:
How to have Bulgaria ruled by a child?
isn't it only for Yugo option?
also, Romania stuff is funny, switch sides, epic Yeetaly moment
Tsar Boris dies from bad health in 1943 and is succeeded by Tsar Simeon II, who is a f-cking child. Good luck. Btw Simeon II later became the Prime Minister of the Republic of Bulgaria in 2005, making him one of only 2 monarchs to later become a democratically elected leader after losing the throne in human history.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I didn't expect so many achievements. Good to have some for the old DoD nations, haven't touched those in a while.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Game finally literally playable.

While reading the Dev Diary, I was already smiling, but when I got to this line, I had to give a laugh-out-loud.

I was not expecting so much art to go with the new focus trees. I thought you were going to reuse much more existing art. Thanks for adding some more value to this DLC. For me, it will make that part of the world unique and a little more special; easily worth zooming into while the majors do their thing.

I rarely chase achievements, but some of these actually sound fun. You have enticed me to brave ironman again.

The whole project sounds so well done, from top to bottom. When you drill down to that part of the world, there were so many actors and groups in play, creating so many possible paths, it could not have been easy to reduce it all into the few paths that you realistically have means to model. I think most would agree an entire stand alone game could be made. Reducing it to a DLC that fits inside a much larger game is an achievement. I feel you have made something I want to experience.

• 5Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
As someone with 100% achievements this is very exciting. I can’t wait to go on the prowl for these when the 15th drops!

• 3Like
Reactions:
Thanks for the art, guys!

If I could make one suggestion, it doesn't make sense to have unique generic tanks, when Turkey used vehicles with already existing art - you know, T-26's bought from Soviet Union, some Panzers, etc. An assortment of foreign/generic vehicles makes more sense.
Yes, but which to use since the whole point of the Turkey Tree is to play the 3 factions off each other for as much as you can get.
Wouldn't make sense to stick them with the T-26 icon and model if they end up with Panzers instead.

Well I expected that this gonna be fun but how is that possible? AI can't form Austria-Hungary
Sure it can. I have had it happen occasionally, although it is even more rare than Germany going Oppose Hitler.

Alright a couple questions.

So if you're including the Byzantine and the Ottoman Empire achievments, will these achievments actually become easier now that these two have trees?

As for the Bad Romeance, what does as a subject mean? Does that mean if we take Italy, we shouldn't take the byzatine cores on Italy and puppet them or will annexing them and getting cores on Italy work? And does it have to be the entirety of Italy or could we puppet a small part of Italy that will do it?

Will the formable decisions be altered for Ottoman and Byzantine?

And now to the compliments. Holy moly, this looks amazing. I love the THIS IS MADNESS achievment. Well done. :)

These achievements are going to be cancer oh lord. I thought i was done with the balkans after hugeoslavia but i guess its time to go back and suffer more. Also I feel like the achievement of getting child yugo and bulgaria to war is just a game of luck, is it not? Achievements should be challenges or something at least fun, not reloading your game and waiting 3 years to see if you get lucky

• 1Like
Reactions:
These achievements are going to be cancer oh lord. I thought i was done with the balkans after hugeoslavia but i guess its time to go back and suffer more. Also I feel like the achievement of getting child yugo and bulgaria to war is just a game of luck, is it not? Achievements should be challenges or something at least fun, not reloading your game and waiting 3 years to see if you get lucky

Austria-hungary comes to mind. *Shudder*

So much luck/RNG in that.

And I dont think alot of them will be cancer, but, at the same time, with the way the game is right now I guess It will be cancer. I dont think Greece will be able to get the Byzatine Achievment easily without exploits. lol Mainly thanks to the peace conference crap.

Reactions:
Alright a couple questions.

So if you're including the Byzantine and the Ottoman Empire achievments, will these achievments actually become easier now that these two have trees?

As for the Bad Romeance, what does as a subject mean? Does that mean if we take Italy, we shouldn't take the byzatine cores on Italy and puppet them or will annexing them and getting cores on Italy work? And does it have to be the entirety of Italy or could we puppet a small part of Italy that will do it?

Will the formable decisions be altered for Ottoman and Byzantine?

And now to the compliments. Holy moly, this looks amazing. I love the THIS IS MADNESS achievment. Well done. :)

Having done the Byzantine achievement at the first time of asking, I'd wager that it is only going to be more difficult now (generic tree is OP, change my mind). Plus you need to deal with a bajillion of negative stuff first before you can meaningfully expand now.