• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It seems a strange concern to worry about practically nonexistent discussions about the game being drowned out. There's really nothing to talk about atm.
There's more buzz about Bloodlines 1 than 2 on the internetz for a reason.
Regarding industry standards, they started selling the game in march of '19. So the concern about spoiled consumers ... eh. Not so much, really.
Combined with the firings (which for me, personally wasn't the watershed it apparently was for many), there just isn't credible cause for surprise that the mood has soured a bit. But I do take the point - negativity can go overboard. Maybe we all take a breather from the kvetching and the counter-whinging. ^^

Last edited:
Reactions:
This is now a praise Feeona thread until game news come out.^^ <3

well...i just looked up BL2 on gamestop's website and seen a release date..i could be wrong might be a placeholder so take it with a grain of salt
it's 03/31/2021

ik that's not standard but the base version has the same date its got to..again maybe a placeholder..i already messaged the prince and waiting for a reply only way we'll know for sure

Reactions:
It certainly sounds like placeholder ...
And even if it was an official release date, it would only be if everything went well and according to plan.
Wich as we allready know, its not allways possible. :)

Reactions:
well...i just looked up BL2 on gamestop's website and seen a release date..i could be wrong might be a placeholder so take it with a grain of salt
it's 03/31/2021

ik that's not standard but the base version has the same date its got to..again maybe a placeholder..i already messaged the prince and waiting for a reply only way we'll know for sure
Any date from a vendor that's listed as the end of a quarter should be considered placeholder. They have to use placeholder dates because their systems will often not take an entry for a game that doesn't also have its release date filled in. If it wasn't a placeholder date, I suspect that Paradox would be cross at a vendor spoiling a release date before they could make an official announcement, themselves.

Reactions:
Any date from a vendor that's listed as the end of a quarter should be considered placeholder. They have to use placeholder dates because their systems will often not take an entry for a game that doesn't also have its release date filled in. If it wasn't a placeholder date, I suspect that Paradox would be cross at a vendor spoiling a release date before they could make an official announcement, themselves.

Gotta agree, that it's likely a placeholder.
Though i've seen different vendors putting their placeholder at 31.12.2021 already.

Reactions:
Well ... if, and its a big if ... more like IF ...
Q1 is cutently targeted, or even probable date ... we should start seen promotion materials since next month i gues.
And since that promised "big relevant DD" is so far aimed for next month ... i gues we shall see next month. :D

Reactions:
All placeholders online are exactly that, just placeholders.

I will take this as a confirmation that the release date is 30/12/2021 then :p
But so far the best way to know if the release date is near is too look for content of the game. The more we approach the release date the more info we will get to make Hype. So nothing for now :(

All placeholders online are exactly that, just placeholders.

so..that placeholder wasn't your doing..that was just random?..can you tell us something like..are you close to releasing it in 2021 like will it be early or late like December of 2021?

edit: im asking a real question not making a joke

Last edited:
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
so..that placeholder wasn't your doing..that was just random?..can you tell us something like..are you close to releasing it in 2021 like will it be early or late like December of 2021?

Placeholders on merchant sites are rarely a game company's doing unless they have formally announced a release date.

In my opinion, I would not expect a Q1 release date. At the earliest, Q2, but I expect more of a Q3 or Q4 release date. Personally, I think it'll be around August or September, but maybe they will hold off and wait for the holidays in Q4. They won't be able to tell us anything about release date, so don't hold your breath of hearing anything definitive soon. If we are lucky, we may get a quarter release declaration (e.g. Q2/Q3/Q4) before the end of the year.