• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations!

Many congratulations to @Wraith11B, whose insightful comments I always greatly appreciate.

Reactions:
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Some excellent recommendations, as one would expect from a worthy fan of the week.
namely I shall share the curse Lord El Pip has cast upon his readAARs by recommending Aurora 4x
Yes, spread the news. Lead others to the great black hole of time.

a chap whose quality commentary only barely eclipses his frankly unsettling thread-stalking habits.
An accurate and stirring nomination. Congratualtions @Wraith11B , may you be ever victorious over your 11B-less doppelgänger.

many congratulations @Wraith11B
Congratulations @Wraith11B !
Congratulations Wraith!
Many congratulations @Wraith11B
Congratulations!
Congratulations!
Many congratulations to @Wraith11B, whose insightful comments I always greatly appreciate.
Ditto! Congrats to all.
Heartiest congratulations @Wraith11B - very well deserved. Good recommendations post too, @nuclearslurpee :)
I thank all of you for your well wishes! I'm currently on the work laptop whilst at the beach, basking in both the sunshine and your support!

Many congratulations to @Bullfilter , @nuclearslurpee and @Wraith11B !
Seems I lost sight of these 'of the week' awards for a bit...
Clearly, this calls for a flogging as is tradition.

Some excellent recommendations, as one would expect from a worthy fan of the week.
I second this... though it did leave out my own AAR :rolleyes: ;) but I'll forgive him the oversight.

An accurate and stirring nomination. Congratualtions @Wraith11B , may you be ever victorious over your 11B-less doppelgänger.
Infantry Leads the Way... All the way!

I shall of course have a list of recommendations and of my heir on time... if not a bit earlier, as I am transferring to Midnight Shift and will be on duty on Sunday.

• 2Like
Reactions:
second this... though it did leave out my own AAR :rolleyes: ;) but I'll forgive him the oversight.
It's okay, I guess. He forgot mine too. ;)

Reactions:
Reactions:
I second this... though it did leave out my own AAR :rolleyes: ;) but I'll forgive him the oversight.
Yes...forgot...certainly didn't deliberately withhold to motivate more rapid development of future updates... ;)

Reactions:
It's okay, I guess. He forgot mine too. ;)
Yes...forgot...certainly didn't deliberately withhold to motivate more rapid development of future updates... ;)
Well, then that gives me something to shoot for given that I need to start writing the next section!

Thank you!

Alright! Since I'm about to start getting ready for work and have to wake the heck up, allow me to put up my recommended reading list...

I, as lots of people, have been following one of the first CK3 AARs, Ged's Existential Nightmare by none other than the one and only Dark Lord of the Sith @TheButterflyComposer. If you have not, it's fun, it's remarkably quick, and I wonder if there could be another deep, dark dive into devious deliberations amongst dark disturbing deviants by dungeon-light... my awkward attempt at alliteration aside, it's a lovely read. A thought, however, that perhaps Urrika is a relative of Kelebek? Hmm...

Casting my view to my other nightstand reading, my eyes fall upon @DensleyBlair 's epic work, Echoes of a New Tomorrow: Life After Revolution in the Commonwealth of Britain. A deeply interesting work that despite having nary a screenshot, or even any relation to the readers of the gameplay, is eminently written and captures the imagination! Sorry, Densley, no alliteration for you.

Much of my free reading time of course is dedicated to the HoI2/3 boards--I've mentioned before and will continue to advocate that it really is more of a family out there--and so no reading list would be complete without both of @El Pip's HoI2 works, For King Haakon and the Fjords! to which I was a late adopter, but since caught up, and his masterpiece, The Butterfly Effect. I believe that Pip has gone through and threadmarked the latter, making for an easy way to get through it using the board's Reader Mode, which if you are not aware, parses all non-threadmarked posts out and allows for a continuous read. Specifically in the Hearts of Iron 3 section, there's @Bullfilter's two major AARs (Quick and Dirty 2: A Soviet Resurgence as well as Talking Turkey), @Eurasia 's interactive AAR, Utsunimiya's War, @roverS3 's Odin and Stalin's Secret Committee, and last, but certainly not least @Farsky 's A Wehraboo and a Hat In Charge of Italy, which only makes me more angry at Erdogan for causing so many geo-political headaches.

I have to say that I don't get around to much of the other boards--EU:Rome gets a nod for Bullfilter's other work, Civis Romanus Sum, and while trolling around looking at other fans who might receive a nod, I noted that in @Le Jones AAR, A Royal Prerogative, the thread creator only comes fifth in posts in his own AAR... which just boggles the mind.

Since we also seem to be starting a trend of recommending some other lovely time sinks: Among Us has been humorous for me (I go by Impostor on there, and it never fails to surprise me that people somehow think it's me... when it clearly isn't), and it's free on mobile (but $5 on Steam, go figure...). I've also been working on honing my coding skills so that maybe, one day, I might put it to use. Maybe. Somehow.

That said, attention now turns to the actual important matters: the new fan of the week. Going off of his member page, he's spent over six and a half days online in total since joining here in mid-2013, which is head and shoulders above my own 44 hours since I joined the boards in late 2008... His posts are in-depth, critical pieces that provoke deep thoughts in writAAR and commentatAAR alike. He's actually already been mentioned, and last received this award eight months ago but this will be his third total award.

@roverS3 come on up and receive your honors!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Many congratulations @roverS3! And many thanks @Wraith11B for the mention, even if it was non-alliterative :p

• 1Like
Reactions:
I, as lots of people, have been following one of the first CK3 AARs, Ged's Existential Nightmare by none other than the one and only Dark Lord of the Sith @TheButterflyComposer.

It's delightful to reach the stage in any community where your name is more often than not proceeded by a descriptor. Even better to go one above that and snag a noble title, which despite the content matter of these threads, very few AAR creators have managed for some reason. At the very least, I'd expect some ironic title granting to the die-hard communists who fight the hopeless battle against the Establishment (and another Lord, Mr Pip).

If you have not, it's fun, it's remarkably quick, and I wonder if there could be another deep, dark dive into devious deliberations amongst dark disturbing deviants by dungeon-light... my awkward attempt at alliteration aside, it's a lovely read. A thought, however, that perhaps Urrika is a relative of Kelebek? Hmm...

It remains the swiftest updated of all my aars but I would never, ever describe my work as quick when compared to (the ironically currently busy elsewhere) Bullfilter.

Devious deliberations do dwell down dearest darkest dungeon, despite dire desperation directing daring danger during darting darkness. Destabilising depression denotes disabling derangement.
Doctor? Direct Daisy's decreased dosage due disease?
Damn! Death departs daintly dear... dumb duty doth direct decay!

Dawn...deeply disdain.

Sorry, Densley, no alliteration for you.

The power of branding.

I believe that Pip has gone through and threadmarked the latter, making for an easy way to get through it using the board's Reader Mode, which if you are not aware, parses all non-threadmarked posts out and allows for a continuous read.

If you have the time however, I would recommend reading the comments. If only because the insanity of derailment is amusing.

I noted that in @Le Jones AAR, A Royal Prerogative, the thread creator only comes fifth in posts in his own AAR... which just boggles the mind.

You can do that? How?

Oh, and well done Rover! Excellent fan and commentator.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thanks for the shouts @Wraith11B and great hand-off post. Warmest congratulations to @roverS3 - well deserved my friend.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Congratulations!

• 1Like
Reactions:
You can do that? How?

For future reference:

KNtO44J.png

Congrats @roverS3! :D And props to @Wraith11B once more for the excellent hand-off!

• 1Like
Reactions: