• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Greetings Crusaders,

We have been working hard to ensure you have the best gaming experience possible! As such, we now have Patch 1.1.2 close on the heels of our latest Monster Big Patch™ complete with Patch Notes to follow.

In addition to this Patch, we have also fixed the issues regarding the Mother of us All achievement on Steam! Make sure you restart your game to take advantage of these fixes!

This Patch will affect all available platforms but may take slightly longer for Paradox Plaza users.

###################
# Bugfixes
###################
- Fixed male/female dominated doctrine blocking all claims for the other sex, rather than just implicit claims. The behavior should now be identical to how it was previously.
- Fixed various display issues in the Russian localization
- Fixed tyranny being gained from rightful revocations when you had a claim on the title in question
- Independence Faction wars no longer require the defender to occupy the entire domain of the rebelling vassals to stop ticking warscore
- Reinstated Central Germanic and West Slavic name lists that had accidentally been removed
Please make women admit their cheating and confess bastardy a lot less often!!! Now they always happily go straight to jail, telling it everyone!
Now it is VERY hard to see woman not confessing. For >150h play time I saw it ONCE.

Reactions:
Appears that the army quality is fixed. This patch is better than advertised! :p

_____edit_to_add_____
Hmm. Now I learn that 1.1 said:
  • Knights no longer have such a disproportionate effect on army quality levels. This has no impact on gameplay; just makes the quality level more representative of the actual effectiveness of the army
But I had only now noticed a mercenary army with only one star and a holy order with 4 stars.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Wow, an actually really fast hotfix for all the easily identifiable and widespread issues!

Now...does anyone know whether the historical rulers still have the clean-shaven baby faces? ;P

• 1Like
Reactions:
In all fairness, AI behavior has been much better for me in 1.1. They were pretty good at following my army around and giving me support. But the way they acted in 1.0.3 was actually easy to work with, too: the uncoordinated allies distracted your enemies and you were able to go about your business much more often. I actually find it harder to win some wars now...
Right now my gameplay looks like:
- Start game
- Lose a war like 1,5k + 2k vs 3k just because this useless clown does not move together with me
- Quit game

So u can add whatever u want, but while this very basic sequence exists, game will remain useless.

• 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
No you haven't! Still have to redo the whole thing if a playthrough was started with a previous patch...

Well I mean in the 1.1.1 patch thread the Dev clear stated that it simply wasnt possible to retroactively fix this for save pre 1.1.1 due to the dataset needed simply not being recorded. I think this is posibly something your just going to have to adjust too...

Reactions:
Well that was indeed very expedient. Thanks a lot! I was starting a good run as Jolof yesterday, but I don't mind restating since you guys patched these important issues so fast. My congratulations!

Edit: oh... This patch doesn't break previous saves, then? Even better!

What does this mean? I started a new game as Daura when 1.1.1 hit with the aim of getting that achievement. Does this mean I have to restart again?
When I look at the achievements in-game it makes it seem as I can get it, despite not playing as the starter character anymore. (For reference, when I look at any of the other character specific achievements it says I cannot get them during this play through)

The issue with the achievement as of 1.1.1 was actually that you could reach it in the game (and you would get a popup from the game for a sense of pride and accomplishment), but it wouldn't register in Steam.
The fix we did was purely on the Steam side of things. Your new save will be fine :)

• 3Love
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Well... the achievement "Mother of Us All" is still broken on gamepass :/

Yes, we noticed too late today that that one is _also_ broken, just in a different way :/
Whatever that achievement has done to us to deserve this...?

The good news is that, I think (and I am a programmer so I will never say that I am sure about anything), if you just keep your save around with the achievement condition being fulfilled, you'd only have to load up that save once we fix it and maybe unpause for a day, and the achievement should pop for you in Gamepass. I think.

• 7Like
Reactions:
Fixed the claims issue already?! YASSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

This is lovely news!
Thanks for hotfixing it. It was a real gamebreaker for me, and many others I'm sure.
Time for a campaign! :D

• 1Like
Reactions:
Reactions:
I'm feeling the small-fry catholic vassal vibe, so probably a count-tier ruler in either France or the HRE.
Or I might just let the Random Number Gods choose for me. I'll see.
Good luck and have fun! :)

• 2Like
Reactions: