• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Stellaris Dev Diary #185: Announcing Necroids

Hello everyone!

Today we bring you some exciting news about our upcoming Species Pack! We’re happy to announce that our next species pack will be themed around death and should allow you to live death to the fullest! Check out the trailer below:

Necroids will feature:
  • 15+1 new portraits (the +1 being machine)
  • 1 new Ship Set
  • 1 new City Set
  • 1 new Room background
  • 1 new Origin
  • 3 new Civics
  • 1 new pre-scripted Empire
  • 1 new Advisor Voice
We wanted to add ships that had a more sinister or evil appearance, and I’m very happy to say we’ve made something really great. We’ll go into more detail about the ships, and give you a peek into the art process, in a future dev diary.

True to the theme, we wanted the portraits to revolve around death, but not look outright undead or decaying. We never intended the Necroids to be specifically undead, but rather themed around death. Similar to the ships, we will be doing a dev diary in the future to give you a peek into the art process, and also reveal all the new portraits. Stay tuned!

Regarding the other features, we have already shown you some of them, such as the Death Cult Civic and the Memorialist Civic. The remaining features will be revealed over the next couple of weeks, and maybe you'll even get to learn about Jeff. But for now, let’s pass the Mishar Cabal into our memories.

---

General Donnten threw her bloodied axe next to Ostiir’s severed head. The others in the Leadership Council would remember this the next time they considered interrupting her in the Mishar Althing.

She pushed past the acolytes that were coming to deal with the corpse. They were annoyed - the rites were always harder if the head was removed - but they would just have to stitch it back together.

Smiling to herself, she left the arena. At least Ostiir would be an obedient little soldier now.

1600944622276.png

Last edited:
  • 138Like
  • 51Love
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
In my opinion, a bit of honesty from them is the strict minimum, even to admit they don't have the time/people/money (lol) to fix the game, regarding the fact that most of us spend more than 100e on this game.

It's something that blow my mind, how costly Pdx games are, and how buggy and half finished they stay. I don't understand how they manage to survive on this unstable and crumbling house of cards

• 1Like
Reactions:
In my opinion, a bit of honesty from them is the strict minimum, even to admit they don't have the time/people/money (lol) to fix the game, regarding the fact that most of us spend more than 100e on this game.

It's something that blow my mind, how costly Pdx games are, and how buggy and half finished they stay. I don't understand how they manage to survive on this unstable and crumbling house of cards
because they decided to open their games to more people, attracting more casual players, thus increasing the pool of people who will blindly defend their inexscusable behavior( and most importantly keep buying regardless of the quality of the content)

Reactions:
because they decided to open their games to more people, attracting more casual players, thus increasing the pool of people who will blindly defend their inexscusable behavior( and most importantly keep buying regardless of the quality of the content)

I think I'm guilty here, I come with Stellaris and buy all DLC :/ even if I knew all the issues of the game after spending hundreds of hours into it, I always had the hope that devs would make their product work as intended...

Reactions:

It's not about you, stop thinking you're the center of this tread. Nobody here insult the devs, nobody show them real disrespect, end of the story. Maybe you play the white knight to grab some attention, great, you succeed, you got it.

Now, try to really understand why there is so much rage and salt on this topic. People who get the game from release, spend hundreds of euros on it just see their game decaying months after months. They search solutions, propose them, complain... So little attention from the devs, and things get worse and worse on this matter. This year (OK there was covid, but com on...) total radio silence, no fix, and suddenly, 3 DD where the only goal is to sell a cosmetic (and quite empty) DLC...

People anger come from a really, really bad communication from Pdx. Nobody insult the devs or the art team, they rage against this desastrous politic of comm and marketing, and they are right to be. Sometimes, when someone don't want to listen, you have to scream a bit. With respect, what you seem to not understand, proud white knight
well, i understand the problems people have, i also understand that they become angry and are complaining, its not that i have a problem with it, its just that, in my opinion, some posts here don't look respectful, maybe its because english isn't my main language and i see some things a bit to... yah however, what you call "scream a bit" i call "flaming" ... well, if thats my fault, if i see things a little too strictly (in case of my bad english) so, sorry for that...

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think I'm guilty here, I come with Stellaris and buy all DLC :/ even if I knew all the issues of the game after spending hundreds of hours into it, I always had the hope that devs would make their product work as intended...
i am guilty of this too, i trusted them with federation and bought it bc performance did improve a little. Never again i'll do this mistake thou

• 5Like
Reactions:
I always get everything on sale, full CK2 was still cheaper than RDR2 and the likes, aalso I think prices in Europe are much higher than in my region. I remember when I was doing my masters in England how everything spiked, but with my mexican card I could still buy cheap games

...thus increasing the pool of people who will blindly defend their inexscusable behavior( and most importantly keep buying regardless of the quality of the content)
You are the same, just on the other extreme

• 1Like
Reactions:
So, for you it's just a matter of perspective? The game is objectively fine with no issues at all?
those 2 things are not related at all. You kind of proved dmy second point: You're just as fanatical a hater as the lovers you're complaining about. Which is why you confalated two independent things. Sad and pathetic, I guess you also say We Won when your sports team wins?

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Yes, I spend shitton of money just to complain about a game, anyone has his hobbies after all ;)
in that case you're not very smart are you? I spent less money that I would've to go out to the clubs, and I spent about 500 hours before I eventually got bored. Not a perfect game by any means, but it was an efficent time/money investment for some fun.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
in that case you're not very smart are you? I spent less money that I would've to go out to the clubs, and I spent about 500 hours before I eventually got bored. Not a perfect game by any means, but it was an efficent time/money investment for some fun.

There's no need to get personal, especially after failing to read the other posters sarcasm.

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
those 2 things are not related at all. You kind of proved dmy second point: You're just as fanatical a hater as the lovers you're complaining about. Which is why you confalated two independent things. Sad and pathetic, I guess you also say We Won when your sports team wins?
what's fanatical about asking the devs to fix their game, for which i paid for? you do realise you arent making any sense right?

• 4Like
Reactions:
I am starting to be a bit uncareful with posts, and as I haven't seen a mod pop in with a helpful reminder just yet, I thought I'd quote this in the interest of avoiding unfortunate outcomes. I am not saying anyone is being toxic but with all our emotions high at the moment, some added discretion is the better part of valour.

What is toxicity?
In general any post that is overly negative, doesn't contribute to the forum or simply contains foul language and insults is toxic. If your post doesn't contribute and instead serves as a way to stir up more negativity and rage from other users, it's toxic. Keep this in mind:

• Look at your post history. If the majority of your posts are troll posts against other players or telling other players that the Paradox team doesn't care/doesn't listen/doesn't know what they are doing, that's not productive. Don't reply to posts to say no one will reply. If you aren't looking to help the player with a question please do not respond.
  • Posts that contain threats, attacks, insults aimed at Paradox staff or zero-value trolls will be deleted. They may also result in an immediate and permanent revocation of posting privileges. These will not use a time consuming infraction system. A good guideline to use for tone is: If you wouldn’t want someone walking into your living room speaking the words you’re about to post; it’s best to find another way to say it.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
"telling other players that the Paradox team doesn't care/doesn't listen/doesn't know what they are doing, that's not productive."

Might not be productive, but definitely true

• 3Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions: