What's the best way to DOW the country?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

adfs

Captain
11 Badges
Sep 20, 2009
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • For The Glory
  • 500k Club
From what I know of steps:
1. change the slider toward the Interventionism
2. use spies to increase the belligerence of the target country
3. decrease the relationships of the target country if needed

Is this the best way to DOW?
Regarding the step3, what's the fastest way to decrease the relationships?

Thanks.

The biggest thing you need to do is make sure you're not getting huge belligerence by attacking a country, as that is what triggers your enemies attacking you, especially if you're a micropower. Belligerence is what the AI checks when they want to attack someone; the only time you will need to raise it with spies is if you're playing a democratic country.
Also, forget about relationships, the only thing they affect is how good the trade deals will be, as well as how likely they might wanna ally you, but since the diplomacy is rubbish on DH it doesnt really matter that much.

To decrease relationships just keep sending spies to them. Eventually so many spies will fail missions they will start to hate you. Again, it doesnt really matter much.

The biggest thing you need to do is make sure you're not getting huge belligerence by attacking a country, as that is what triggers your enemies attacking you, especially if you're a micropower. Belligerence is what the AI checks when they want to attack someone; the only time you will need to raise it with spies is if you're playing a democratic country.
Also, forget about relationships, the only thing they affect is how good the trade deals will be, as well as how likely they might wanna ally you, but since the diplomacy is rubbish on DH it doesnt really matter that much.

To decrease relationships just keep sending spies to them. Eventually so many spies will fail missions they will start to hate you. Again, it doesnt really matter much.
Thank you for the tips. I notice that I can't DOW some countries which have good relationships with me. So I had to decrease the relationship.

How does one raise belligerence with spies?

And how do you avoid huge belligerence from declaring war?

Use global manipulation mission to raise the belligerence(not for puppet)
For how to avoid huge belligerence, I also have no idea..

Use global manipulation mission to raise the belligerence(not for puppet)
For how to avoid huge belligerence, I also have no idea..

To avoid huge belligerence, choose your wars carefully. And wait as long as you can between wars before declaring again. Belligerence will gradually drop while you're at peace. And keep in mind, the more autocratic you are, the easier you can declare war. It's the democracies who can't start wars unless the target nation has a high belligerence.

Thank you for the tips. I notice that I can't DOW some countries which have good relationships with me. So I had to decrease the relationship.

You can. Relationships do not affect anything related to DOW.

From what I know of steps:
1. change the slider toward the Interventionism
2. use spies to increase the belligerence of the target country
3. decrease the relationships of the target country if needed

Is this the best way to DOW?
Regarding the step3, what's the fastest way to decrease the relationships?

Thanks.
Right click their provinces in the map and put claims on them and then keep demanding they give you the territory in diplomacy. Best part is it's free.

Reactions: