The Obligatory Stellaris Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A relic world that is also a former relic world. I believe the Worm may have had something to do with this...
THE WORM.jpg

I dunno if this qualifies as a "strange" screenshot... kinda the opposite, in fact. Makes perfect sense.
stellaris 2020-07-18 03-34-32-46.jpg

Here is the chain of logic one particularly inept Kerbal Space Program player went through.
  • Fact 1: The moon is far away from the surface of the planet.
  • Fact 2: Getting there is hard!
  • Fact 3: If it were closer, getting there would be easier.
  • Fact 4: Moving the entire planet would be hard.
  • Fact 5: Moving only a piece of the planet would be much easier.
  • Fact 6: The planet is mostly made of rock.
  • Fact 7: Explosions can move rocks.
  • Fact 8: Big explosions can move big rocks!
  • Fact 9: A nuclear explosion is a big explosion.
Conjecture: If I put big nukes underneath the surface of the planet, I can blast part of the planet upward to the moon, thereby reducing the time it takes to get there.
Result:
kerbal space program.jpg

The Kerbol version of Project Orion.

Reactions:
What a lovely placement for an early-game research project.

Yeah let me just run over there and survey that lab.

281990_screenshots_20200803150158_1.jpg

• 2Haha
Reactions:
Started playing as Blorg after long pause, and this is beyond hilarious. My first found empire is... Blorglike species that lives in neightbourhood.
Bez tytułu.jpg

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
After my outpost was shot down the 20th time by the contingency, our financial Department decided, that it was cheaper to go pre 2.0 and not to rebuild it.
1599912162593.png

Me and the AI still had the Option to build an outpost via construction ship, an opportunity the AI later in game used against me.

Playing with Gigastructures mod, found a system with a megastructure, a gateway, a native species, a dig site, and then the AI built a starport.

20200914012234_1.jpg

Icon overflow?

• 2Haha
Reactions:
Playing with Gigastructures mod, found a system with a megastructure, a gateway, a native species, a dig site, and then the AI built a starport.

View attachment 626360

Icon overflow?
this seems like a pretty rare issue considering how low the odds of having a broken gate, a primitive world, and a dig site all in the same system are. then multiply that by the odds of having a ruined mega, gigastructures adds a bunch of ruined megas but still the odds of this are ludicrously low.

this seems like a pretty rare issue considering how low the odds of having a broken gate, a primitive world, and a dig site all in the same system are. then multiply that by the odds of having a ruined mega, gigastructures adds a bunch of ruined megas but still the odds of this are ludicrously low.
... and then divide that by the number of players and divide it again by the number of games per player.

With enough players, even low-probability events will happen often.

Note that dismissing bugs instead of fixing them will "help" keep the number of players lower, which will in turn lower the frequency of bug reports. But that's a terrible place for a game to be.

Reactions:
... and then divide that by the number of players and divide it again by the number of games per player.

With enough players, even low-probability events will happen often.

Note that dismissing bugs instead of fixing them will "help" keep the number of players lower, which will in turn lower the frequency of bug reports. But that's a terrible place for a game to be.

Aren't you using a MOD? You sure that issue is not caused by it? I never saw any of this in the base game so not sure it is possible.

Reactions:
Aren't you using a MOD? You sure that issue is not caused by it? I never saw any of this in the base game so not sure it is possible.
You can make it happen yourself if you think for a second.

Just pick a system with both a dig site and a pre-FTL species in it, then build a Gateway, another Megastructure, and a Starport.

Boom.

Even w/o any mods Stellaris gets this bug. But in vanilla setup icons simply been put one on top of another so you simply could see only a part of icons.

Yeah but you don't get the overclock that you got there. It seems to the display is limited and says what is displayed when hovering over it.
And what's the point of array of icons, and this icons at all, if a player has to hover over every system to get info about it?

Even w/o any mods Stellaris gets this bug. But in vanilla setup icons simply been put one on top of another so you simply could see only a part of icons.
For me, the overlap seems to be 3D, and I was able to uncover the lower tile enough to get a tooltip (as shown in the image) by scrolling the system to the edge of my screen, which changed the perspective a bit.

But you're right that in the center of the screen there was no way to see the occluded tile.

Aren't you blocked by a inhibitor. Is there a planet with a fortress in Rethel that prevents you from going anywhere else than how you came into that system.

You're right and I thought I was stupid for a bit, but if you'll notice in the screenshot, the station is under my control and it's still preventing me from accessing it. Still, I can now so apparently it just takes a while for the effect to wear off.

Edit: And no, there's no fortress on the planet or in any of the habitats. Only on the starbase, which I already held. And I've just noticed from taking another enemy system that the same thing happened, where the inhibitor still functions against me despite me controlling the system. Not sure if this is intentional or not.

Last edited:
You're right and I thought I was stupid for a bit, but if you'll notice in the screenshot, the station is under my control and it's still preventing me from accessing it. Still, I can now so apparently it just takes a while for the effect to wear off.

Edit: And no, there's no fortress on the planet or in any of the habitats. Only on the starbase, which I already held. And I've just noticed from taking another enemy system that the same thing happened, where the inhibitor still functions against me despite me controlling the system. Not sure if this is intentional or not.
Is the station in question a shipyard? If the game is experiencing the reinforcement bug,, the game might not have completely transferred ownership because the AI still has some ships queued for construction.

Seriously, that bug needed to be squashed yesterday.

Reactions:
Khessam are a militaristic people and as such they start the life of a warrior very young:

young_general.png

Sadly general fetus, who wasn't even named yet, did not survive a reload. As is too often the case, the good die young.

• 7Haha
Reactions: