• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

LRJ

Second Lieutenant
Mar 30, 2015
Is there anything that can be done to increase the rate of production of nukes? I'm working towards a level 10 nuclear reactor in one province, as I understand that it is just the highest level reactor in any one province which is critical for production. Is that correct? Or is it just critical for the research?

If the above is true, then am I right in thinking the only benefit of building other nuclear reactors is to ensure continuity of supply of nukes in case that single province gets bombed/taken over? And if so, should I bother going as high as level 10 nuclear reactors?

Thanks in advance for any help with this. I have read the manual but didn't really understand the influences well enough.

Thanks for that. I did read that article and still had some questions on the 'Creation' section, hence by OP. Essentially, as far as I can tell, going from 6 reactors to 10 is only useful for research, not production. Is that correct?

Supposing the above is true, and given the article refers to just one province being required, the only benefit of spreading reactors into multiple provinces is to ensure continuity of nuke production in case your nuclear reactors get damaged. Is that correct, or do we produce more nukes by having more nuclear reactors in other provinces?

I might be wrong seeings as i havent built nukes in ages (i have them disabled), but here it is:

nuclear reactors speed up nuclear research if the requirement is nuclear, same as Rocket Tech Centers speed up rocket teck research. So yes, it does help, and it does produce nukes faster.

There is no spreading reactor levels in different provinces, unless the game has been changed since I got it recently. Once you pick the province for the first one, all other levels go in it after that. So pick one you can protect. If the province gets bombed the level can go down temporarily. If it gets captured, all the levels are destroyed and have to be rebuilt using IC.

One of the things to consider is the diminishing return on IC investment. Building the last 4 or 5 may not be worth it, IC wise.
I'm not sure the returns diminish. You don't get anything except a research boost for any levels under 6. 6 and up gets that and the nuke production, which is faster with higher levels. So it seems like the returns build up.

I'm not sure the returns diminish. You don't get anything except a research boost for any levels under 6. 6 and up gets that and the nuke production, which is faster with higher levels. So it seems like the returns build up.
You can build/reinforce/upgrade an awful lot of units for the IC costs needed to get to the level of producing a useful amount of nukes.

I suppose in the end, it depends on play style, game situation and other factors (how plausible is it Italy building nukes...)

You can build/reinforce/upgrade an awful lot of units for the IC costs needed to get to the level of producing a useful amount of nukes.

I suppose in the end, it depends on play style, game situation and other factors (how plausible is it Italy building nukes...)
So far as I'm aware they are a luxury project, though I could be wrong. Base HoI2 had problems with the AI using it, but I don't know if those problems are present with full DH. I did notice the USA AI building up huge strat bomber forces and a huge nuclear site, which is different in my experience, so I decided not to find out the hard way. Maybe next game I'll let the AI show me what it can do if left alone.
The only real use for them is to cause huge disent and a coup, and that could only work very late game, but I know of no other way to accomplish that particular goal.