King and Queen living in different locations, how to move them? and does it prevent having children?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lawson91

Recruit
11 Badges
Sep 17, 2020
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Prison Architect
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
My player character is living in Ireland, my Queen is living in Paris, they have a 100 relationship are lovers etc but aren't producing any children but are both fertile... Does them being in different locations prevent children being born? (I'd assumed they'd frequent each others homes as I do things like walk in the gardens together). Is there anyway to force her to relocate to my Castle in Ireland?

Furthermore her Heir is the most random person that is nothing to do with her Dynasty or anything, some guy based in North Africa, I don't understand why he would inherit her realms and not me, her husband, or at least someone else in her dynasty?

They can still have children no matter where they are (at least if they are in diplomatic range... not sure otherwise). I think only when one or both are in prison are they prevented from having children.

As far as not being in the same court to begin with, I assume you are both landed? If so, there isn't anything you can do. You'll each stay in your own realm to manage it.

For the inheritance, what is your inheritance law? Is it elective? Some elective succession laws allow either claimants or powerful vassals or others to inherit and not just your own family or dynasty.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I've noticed a few cases of the husband and wive not living together for some reason. I assume it is some bug in the wandering system. One case recently had me inviting my son to my court, so I could find a match for my grandsons, only to find out only my son only brought one of his children with him. The wife and the other child stayed behind in the other court for some reason.

An weirder example was my (male) concubine who went back to his brother court while still being my concubine. Weirder yet, I was still having babies with him, but our children stayed at the other court for some reason. I only realized when I accidentally captured my own son during a raid.

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I've noticed a few cases of the husband and wive not living together for some reason. I assume it is some bug in the wandering system. One case recently had me inviting my son to my court, so I could find a match for my grandsons, only to find out only my son only brought one of his children with him. The wife and the other child stayed behind in the other court for some reason.

An weirder example was my (male) concubine who went back to his brother court while still being my concubine. Weirder yet, I was still having babies with him, but our children stayed at the other court for some reason. I only realized when I accidentally captured my own son during a raid.
Did you ransom your son?

• 1Haha
Reactions:

It's usually because the one of the two without a title got caught committing a crime by the title holder and then avoided imprisonment, at least if it still works like CK2. At that point, they run off to another court even if they are still married to you.

For kids, it can happen if your character dies and you play as one of said children. Sometimes the other kids end up in the another character's court, especially if they were half-siblings to your main character.

Living in different locations has no impact on the spore-based fertility of the noble class. The only forces that can stop these noble spores from finding their partner are iron bars and the woman's 46th birthday. Otherwise, they can freely pollinate their partner in Burma from Iceland.

• 6Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
It's usually because the one of the two without a title got caught committing a crime by the title holder and then avoided imprisonment, at least if it still works like CK2. At that point, they run off to another court even if they are still married to you.
Can confirm, my wife ran off to Greece when I tried to imprison her for adultery.

For kids, it can happen if your character dies and you play as one of said children. Sometimes the other kids end up in the another character's court, especially if they were half-siblings to your main character.

Definitively, neither case is true here. In one case I invited my child and he didn't brought his spouse (and one children). They were living together before. As for the consort, he was my consort, I would be his liege, and I don't have no liege myself. If anyone imprisoned him, it would be me, which I didn't. He just went and move to his brother court for some reason. As for the child, as I said, they were my children with my consort, I was not a child myself. Furthermore, they were being born in the other court, somehow.

Reactions: