• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why pre holy fury ? Am I missing something by playing with the latest CKII patch, all DLC aside from sunset invasion, and the latest version of HIP mod ?

Thanks for any info.

Why pre holy fury ? Am I missing something by playing with the latest CKII patch, all DLC aside from sunset invasion, and the latest version of HIP mod ?

Thanks for any info.
I prefer some things from Pre Holy Fury, the general balance of things (for me this DLC broke balance), the German, French and Italian portraits are much better before, the coronation events, which are rich for all the characters that have titles of kingdoms, they don't have to be just Catholics, the Byzantine imperial government is better off before DLC, after DLC it seemed to me that they left it more feudal. Going to the broken balance, the pre-Holy Fury version, the Crusades are much more balanced, the whole of Europe doesn’t go to Muslims and doesn’t earn a lot of money, the combat system I also think is simpler and more direct, before the DLC. Many of these things are not even from the DLC itself, but from the patches that came with it, I know that some things are also good, like personalized pagan reforms, societies and great works.

Reactions:
I did not liked CK3 sadly in it's current state, would prefer CK2 + HIP over it any day, I hope CK2 HIP will not be abandoned, there is still much things HIP team can improve from a historical standpoint in HIP.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I did not liked CK3 sadly in it's current state, would prefer CK2 + HIP over it any day, I hope CK2 HIP will not be abandoned, there is still much things HIP team can improve from a historical standpoint in HIP.

Well theking88 is doing SWMH for CK3 and has already said he's done with CK2's SWMH the last I recall. Besides him the only other 2 HIP team members still actually active and modding anymore were ziji and arko. HIP has basically been in maintenance mode outside EMF for quite a while now.

CK3 has in principle better interaction with characters, is better now for me who is my vassal etc. However, the mechanis are to simple, e.g. vassal opinion, public opinion have no direct impact (or any, apart from factions ?). Mens at Arms are too powerful, compared to levies. I like the knight idea. After 30 h I have the feeling I saw all possible events. The Map-UI is terrible, I definitely would like to have map mods. The religion system is doubled edged, is like Civ style and new religions are founded to often.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I believe CK3 has greater potential. Love stress system. Feel much more connected to a character. I hope that the HIP team will change their mind on CK3 and will transition.

HIP is a monumental mod that improves the game dramatically (like M&T for EU4 and DEI for Rome2, or SS for Medieval 2). I'd love CK3 to have something on that level

• 1Like
Reactions:
Well theking88 is doing SWMH for CK3 and has already said he's done with CK2's SWMH the last I recall. Besides him the only other 2 HIP team members still actually active and modding anymore were ziji and arko. HIP has basically been in maintenance mode outside EMF for quite a while now.

Lets not forget to give Delnar_Ersike his fair due. He has become a prolific right hand man for Ziji. And is periodically more active than Ziji (i think i can reveal that :p) in maintaining EMF.

But yeah, there isn't gonna come any new features from me to SWMH here. I'm gonna fix my own bugs, if someone manages to get them in front of me. But thats all i'm gonna do now in CK2.

Its no secret that i feel like i have gotten what there is to get out of CK2 as a modder. Its a great game, but i don't feel any sadness or nostalgia about leaving it behind.

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Lets not forget to give Delnar_Ersike his fair due. He has become a prolific right hand man for Ziji. And is periodically more active than Ziji (i think i can reveal that :p) in maintaining EMF.

But yeah, there isn't gonna come any new features from me to SWMH here. I'm gonna fix my own bugs, if someone manages to get them in front of me. But thats all i'm gonna do now in CK2.

Its no secret that i feel like i have gotten what there is to get out of CK2 as a modder. Its a great game, but i don't feel any sadness or nostalgia about leaving it behind.
I sorta kinda shamelessly hoped for Polabian Slavs area Polish and Pomeranian/Polabian localisation being added to final SWMH for CK2 :p

I sorta kinda shamelessly hoped for Polabian Slavs area Polish and Pomeranian/Polabian localisation being added to final SWMH for CK2 :p
@ShinsukeNakamura's work in that regard is included in NHO - both character names and titles as well as province and holding localisation. ;-)

Needs EMF style balance, but it's a very solid basis I think.

Two main issues I ran into are fairly simple fixes:
  1. Army movement is a bit fast, meaning that it is far too easy to correct for being out of position.
  2. Levies regenerate very quickly, even while raised, meaning that losses are very easy to recover from.
Both of the above make it hard to get 'worn down' by multiple wars, meaning large nations are able to fully use their power. That's a balance issue in a couple of ways. But I see ck3 as a very solid game, and what problems it has are certainly correctable.

Regeneration is tricky as hell - one bad battle and you're down to 0 levies; regenerating then is a challenge.
IMO you'd need either separate manpower or if you slowed regeneration down as it is, a decision that increased drafting at expense of opinion/tax (to simulate that)

Regeneration is tricky as hell - one bad battle and you're down to 0 levies; regenerating then is a challenge.
IMO you'd need either separate manpower or if you slowed regeneration down as it is, a decision that increased drafting at expense of opinion/tax (to simulate that)

I think you are probably getting the 0 regen bug. Without that bug, levies will bounce back very quickly.

I think you are probably getting the 0 regen bug. Without that bug, levies will bounce back very quickly.
I meant getting your army stackwiped - happens when you lose a battle in the first phase.
You can recover from it alright now, but if you nerfed regeneration to say 1/3rd it'd be disastrous especially for AI that's most likely to find itself in such situation.

I meant getting your army stackwiped - happens when you lose a battle in the first phase.
You can recover from it alright now, but if you nerfed regeneration to say 1/3rd it'd be disastrous especially for AI that's most likely to find itself in such situation.

By disastrous do you mean...you would almost certainly lose the war?

Well...yes. That would be quite accurate to the history involved. Wars were sometimes decided in single battles where one side was horribly beaten.

Given how hard it is to stackwipe compared to ck2, I wouldn't think it was a huge problem, if you stackwipe someone and they can't buy mercs, you deserve to win, generally.

By disastrous do you mean...you would almost certainly lose the war?

Well...yes. That would be quite accurate to the history involved. Wars were sometimes decided in single battles where one side was horribly beaten.

Given how hard it is to stackwipe compared to ck2, I wouldn't think it was a huge problem, if you stackwipe someone and they can't buy mercs, you deserve to win, generally.
I see your point, we can just test whether nerfing regen will make countries collapse more often by running it in observe.
Ensuring that someone stackwiped loses is as simple as requiring them to be at peace to take an emergency drafting decision.