• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Would it be possible for you to upload this to the Paradox Mods page? I'm using the windows store edition of the game, but I use the workshop to keep track of updates and I found your mod on there, and I love what it does, but I obviously can't use it as is.

I will upload on paradox mods as soon as I release the next version.

Is it Ironman compatible? (Since it's only graphical)

It's not only graphical as they are new assets and they need to be declared into common files to be available to players and AI. "only graphical" would mean you replace an existing model with a new one and the former would be overwritten.
For more informations, check CK3 wiki

It is not possible to gain achievements if the checksum has been changed - either by tampering with game files, or by running the game using mods that affect gameplay mechanics (graphical mods do not affect checksum), or a corrupted installation (the Ironman mode icon will change to reflect this).

Reactions:
1599954724387.png

Sneak peak of the next update. :cool:

• 4Like
  • 4Love
Reactions:
New version available
~ Added: simple mail coif. Western, Northern, Crusaders, Steppe, Byzantine and Abbasid cultural groups will use it.
~ Improved: full plate helmets are now worn with a padded mail coif.
~ Improved: Sugarloaf helm is now to be used by Holy Roman Empire and Crusaders only, to avoid it appearing in game right from 867.
~ Fixed: Holy Roman Empire will now use the new headgears.
~ Improved: helmets did not need a old person variant as they are rigid shape.
~ Improved: optimized mod size.

--

Would it be possible for you to upload this to the Paradox Mods page? I'm using the windows store edition of the game, but I use the workshop to keep track of updates and I found your mod on there, and I love what it does, but I obviously can't use it as is.

Unfortunately, I cannot put it on Paradox Mods page because... someone uploaded it without asking ! So the name is used and I can't upload the update. :mad:
You will have to wait for Paradox to take care of my DCMA request.

Reactions:
The mod has been taken down from mos platform but the name is still in use. I adressed a ticket to paradox so they clear their database cache but I am still waiting. Sorry for that, I'll retry after work tonight.

Meanwhile some experiment on adventails with a roman Xth century helmet.
I am happy with the quick-import animations I will sculpt the high poly model tonight and polish the anims.
Texture is a placeholder as I wanted to check the adventail would work properly before finishing the model.
Unfortunately, engine does not support alphas, so the face will not be visible behind the mail :(
1600156370187.png

To follow the development from close up, you can join CFP discord

• 6Like
  • 4Love
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
New version available.
~ Added: Byzantine Roman Xth century helmet with aventail.
~ Added: Byzantine Roman Xth century helmet with exposed face.
~ Added: vanilla Byzantine helmet variant without neck flaps.
~ Changed: Sugarloaf helm is back in western culture but with a very low spawn rate. In the future hopefully Paradox will include a "era unlock" feature for cosmetics, otherwise I will try to find a scripted solution.
~ Removed: unused pattern mask definition.
~ Improved: optimized mod size.

promo7.jpg

• 6Love
  • 5Like
Reactions:
Great mod, really enjoying the variety it adds. Something I noticed though is if a character has the giant trait, the their chin clips out of the helmet. Not a big deal, just an observation.

Attachments

• 2020_09_18_2.png
    2020_09_18_2.png
    575,8 KB · Views: 0
Reactions:
These are really beautiful, any plans to expand clothing options for West African characters at all? At the moment the King of Ghana wears clothing that looks poorer than a character dressed in Indian Commoner 1 clothing... literally the commoners in India have gold bracelets and jewellery and the King of the 9th century gold capital of the world wears a striped sack. :D

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Thank you !

For suggestions and issues feel free to report them directly on project's github.

I will tackle clothing and jewelry at some point that's for sure, but for now I'm focusing on headgear. You can check my roadmap on the first post. Mass production first, take time learn new techniques after, this way there's already a decent base content to play with.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thank you !

For suggestions and issues feel free to report them directly on project's github.

I will tackle clothing and jewelry at some point that's for sure, but for now I'm focusing on headgear. You can check my roadmap on the first post. Mass production first, take time learn new techniques after, this way there's already a decent base content to play with.

Sorry I should have been more clear, whilst I did use the word clothing (since I guess clothing to me means like the whole outfit, headwear included), I'm aware your mod focuses on head-wear right now, but yeah African cultures are rich in fashion, and headwear is no exception, some samples below I slapped together in paint :D Right now there are no 'African' options for headwear at all in the base game unfortunately.

headwear.png

Last edited:
This mod gets better every update, great work man. Hope you can do some new crowns in one of the updates.

Thank you ! Some crowns are planned at some point yes.

Sorry I should have been more clear, whilst I did use the word clothing (since I guess clothing to me means like the whole outfit, headwear included), I'm aware your mod focuses on head-wear right now, but yeah African cultures are rich in fashion, and headwear is no exception, some samples below I slapped together in paint :D Right now there are no 'African' options for headwear at all in the base game unfortunately.

Nice reference patchwork thank you. Some are very nice and would look dope in game.

Meanwhile... another quick sneak peak on the next update, named "Mail and Gambeson".

1600517637864.png
1600517641900.png
1600517644896.png

• 8Like
  • 6Love
Reactions: