• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I thought there were plenty of rumors from different sources about how Mitsoda constantly rewrites everything to improve it, which sounds like it would be hard to keep up with for people doing all the other work for the game... (remember all those clunky animated characters they put in promotional material?!)

Do anyone have any links to such sources or have I just been reading stuff people have made up?!

If true, then think about how many times the game has been delayed Officially (+ likely unofficial delays before we even knew it was in the making)... Is it really weird they finally had enough after yet another large delay?
Sounds to me like Mitsoda has rewritten EVERYTHING many many times over. Mitsoda just want to keep on making it even better, but does not know when to stop rewriting. That seems like the likely reason why they decided to fire him.

Everything I've heard (keep in mind this is the internet) is the opposite problem and this happened at Troika and Obsidian - he refuses and fights back against rewriting anything, which is a big problem if levels or quests change in development. Back at Troika, he apparently had a huge problem with pushing back against Activision's requests, not that I blame him, but hey, they pay the bills.

Reactions:
I thought there were plenty of rumors from different sources about how Mitsoda constantly rewrites everything to improve it, which sounds like it would be hard to keep up with for people doing all the other work for the game... (remember all those clunky animated characters they put in promotional material?!)

Do anyone have any links to such sources or have I just been reading stuff people have made up?!

If true, then think about how many times the game has been delayed Officially (+ likely unofficial delays before we even knew it was in the making)... Is it really weird they finally had enough after yet another large delay?
Sounds to me like Mitsoda has rewritten EVERYTHING many many times over. Mitsoda just want to keep on making it even better, but does not know when to stop rewriting. That seems like the likely reason why they decided to fire him.

That is hardly a reason to fire him. That he keeps rewriting doesn't mean what he writes will be used. They could have said to him, to stop that the current write is already good and that is the one they will use. If your theory is true that would mean they fire him for doing his job and having the best wishes for the game :(

That is hardly a reason to fire him. That he keeps rewriting doesn't mean what he writes will be used. They could have said to him, to stop that the current write is already good and that is the one they will use. If your theory is true that would mean they fire him for doing his job and having the best wishes for the game :(

If they have to re-record VO as a result, though, that could add up, money-wise.

Everything I've heard is that Mitsoda's problem (if any) wasn't rewriting - it's refusing to make any edits at all unless forced. "Stubborn" was the most polite term used in reference to this.

Reactions:
If they have to re-record VO as a result, though, that could add up, money-wise.

Everything I've heard is that Mitsoda's problem (if any) wasn't rewriting - it's refusing to make any edits at all unless forced. "Stubborn" was the most polite term used in reference to this.

And he is on his right :D

Reactions:

So many possibilities and we cant know where the blame falls. So everyone needs to stop caring about this internal stuff and focus on waiting for the game.

Reactions:
there's no way of knowing why mitsoda was fired but really that's not the big reason im worried what i am worried about is if HSL and PDX will keep his current work in the game without redoing the whole game from scratch..if they do wed be waiting longer then a year for BL2 to release
so are they keeping his work in the game without changing it or what?

Reactions:
there's no way of knowing why mitsoda was fired but really that's not the big reason im worried what i am worried about is if HSL and PDX will keep his current work in the game without redoing the whole game from scratch..if they do wed be waiting longer then a year for BL2 to release
so are they keeping his work in the game without changing it or what?
They hired him for his connection to VTMB and the great things he can do for VTMB2. This late in the game development process, tho i dont know where they are at when it comes to writing, should be more about gameplay than story. If anything they may fill some story elements out that were left unfinished but they likely leave Mitsodas material in as much as possible.

Theyre not stupid, they know the fans love Mitsoda but there are things that cant be talked about by them because theyre internal matters and unlike what some fans think, we really do not have the right to inside information.

Does it seem to suck that Mitsoda was fired? Sure, but im not very invested in the game making process as i look at the finished product and look more at what the game will offer vs what it wont, like diversity for example. Am i hyped? Of course i am! I love vampires and would love to play as one in a VTMB2 game because the lore seems so interesting!

So, no, they didnt fire him out of the blue or without deep thinking on it as he seems a central figure for people who are into VTMB2. But so many fans only blame the studios for it rather than wondering "maybe Mitsoda didnt do his job as well as he could have or he took too long, rewrote too much etc.".

Its between them and him. Leave it at that. Wait for more gameplay footage, i say keep up the hype but dont go overboard with it. Be realistic and dont let these internal matters affect your potential enjoyment the game might just have in store for you.

To the OP specifically: I think its gonna come out in Q1 of 2021 as it originally was meant to come out in mid 2020 but the pandemic slowed down the game making process. So most of the story "should" be done.

Reactions:
well hopefully the work mitsoda put in BL2 stays...SarahGabriella is right so i guess there's nothing to worry about and if HSL and PDX delayed the game to 2021 without mitsoda knowing about then that must also mean they planned to keep his work before fireing him so no worries there

• 3Like
Reactions:
if HSL and PDX delayed the game to 2021 without mitsoda knowing about then that must also mean they planned to keep his work before fireing him so no worries there

But on the other hand since they were gonna fire him why bother even telling his work was gonna get redone? :(

But on the other hand since they were gonna fire him why bother even telling his work was gonna get redone? :(
Uh, where did they say that? And even if, they probably leave most if it intact. Maybe his writing wasnt up to par. Everyone was so quick to jump on paradox and hardsuitlabs for this. Reserve your judgment until you see gameplay footage and story content which we probably only see on release. Theyre not gonna spoiler us. Work being redone can mean anything, change what has been done, add to it, take from it.

Reactions:
Uh, where did they say that? And even if, they probably leave most if it intact. Maybe his writing wasnt up to par. Everyone was so quick to jump on paradox and hardsuitlabs for this. Reserve your judgment until you see gameplay footage and story content which we probably only see on release. Theyre not gonna spoiler us. Work being redone can mean anything, change what has been done, add to it, take from it.
I believe that point was that we will never know ...

Nothing more, nothing less.

Reactions:
Theyre not stupid, they know the fans love Mitsoda but there are things that cant be talked about by them because theyre internal matters and unlike what some fans think, we really do not have the right to inside information.
Sorry but i disagree strongly about this statement and i don´t care how many downvotes i get but both Hardsuit Labs and Paradox are
stupid in thinking that public firing of Brian Mitsoda is a good idea.
Maybe there are good reasons for Mitsoda´s termination but they couldn´t have all parties made a non-public deal and part ways after Bloodlines 2 release?

Does it seem to suck that Mitsoda was fired? Sure, but im not very invested in the game making process as i look at the finished product and look more at what the game will offer vs what it wont, like diversity for example. Am i hyped? Of course i am! I love vampires and would love to play as one in a VTMB2 game because the lore seems so interesting!
Have you ever played Bloodlines 1? I get the impression that you haven´t played it.

Its between them and him. Leave it at that.
No it isn´t. I agree that we don´t need to know why Ka'ai Cluney or why Florian Schwarzer and Christian Schlütter were replaced as producers.
They have very likely the same reason like Mitsoda.
But we as fans no as customers are deserving an answer why don´t get the promised Bloodlines 2 story invisioned by the Bloodlines 1 author?
For many customers this was the biggest hook to looking forward to this game or even to preorder it.
Lets be real everyone have known that having Brian Mitsoda is a big deal for this sequel to a cult classic.
Brian Mitsoda isn´t a PR guy and shouldn´t be used so heavly for all of marketing but they needed him because without Mitsoda
Hardsuit Labs are just a studio full of no names. Maybe time will change this and people will remember for example Cara Ellison.
But right now she she hasn´t have the appeal like Mitsoda.

Uh, where did they say that? And even if, they probably leave most if it intact.
If this is still the case why did remove al the mentions of Brian Mitsoda?
With your argument there is no need to change this if Mitsoda haven´t done some stuff like Avellone of course.
And this was already rule out. So why don´t they use "written by the same author from Bloodlines 1" anymore if the story is almost finished?
In my opinion Hardsuit Labs and as well Paradox don´t want to associate with Brian Mitsoda any longer because who knows what.
He is no longer useful for them but with the firing of Mitsoda they did the biggest mistake they could possible ever have made.
Without Mitsoda excellent and timeless writing and Wesp(5) countless patches of course only a handful people would have remember this game
and therefore we won´t have a Bloodlines 2.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Actually the people following the game, had the right to know, as they used his name as part of things you get when you buy the game. Now he left, we had no word on the directors commentary, as it was sold as Brian commentary.

Also whilst I agree, we don't have a right to know why, he was fired, we had a right to know he was, as copies were sold on back of his name. So the internal stuff does matter to some people, and they right to know the basics, like he has left, and this is what is replacing his content.

Reactions:
Im sorry, but i fail to see how that is relevant ...
If Paradox dont tell us, they just dont ... no matter what right we may have ... :-/
And if they do, they just do ... no matter if we dont have any right to know.

We want to know, and we are able to tell them we want to know ... so we do.

I allready noticed some people here (yes, im looking at you ... and no, i will not say your name, but i bet everyone, you included, know who i am talking to) have problem with other people demanding something, usualy irelevant for them (notice plural). :-/
And feel some kind of urge to prohibit them doing that.
Honestly its kinda fascinating ... but it seems to me like a desperate attempt to get attention, so all i say is: Dont feed the troll. ;)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Now he left, we had no word on the directors commentary, as it was sold as Brian commentary.
I think we will get one but without Brian´s commentary so you can make the argument that this commentary is less desirable because
there are lesser known who are talking about the game.

we had a right to know he was, as copies were sold on back of his name.
On Hardsuit Labs own homepage Brian Mitsoda is still named as Narrative Lead.
https://www.hardsuitlabs.com/bloodlines2/

By the way serious question is Brian Mitsoda and also Ka'ai Cluney, Christian Schlütter & Florian Schwarzer of course
still listed in the Game-Credits as Extra Thanks or let´s pretend that those guys never have worked on this game?
Brian Mitsoda had worked on Bloodlines 2 5 long years so the bare minimum of respect for his work should
be that he will be listed (and thanked) in Game-Credits.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Since this isn't news but discussion of the news, for a while ago. Can you please move this to another thread? Each time i see this thread and see that there is something new i am expecting news, good ones preferably, but instead i got people talking the same topic already talked time and time again. So, please, can you make a discussion thread and leave this for the news and only the news? :)

• 2Like
Reactions:
Since this isn't news but discussion of the news, for a while ago. Can you please move this to another thread? Each time i see this thread and see that there is something new i am expecting news, good ones preferably, but instead i got people talking the same topic already talked time and time again. So, please, can you make a discussion thread and leave this for the news and only the news? :)
Well first you have good intentions but do you really expect good or any news for a while after this? :)
I am sorry but i bet that we won´t hear anything about Bloodlines 2 in 2020 expect maybe some minor stuff.

Maybe you should wait this out like Hardsuit Labs & Paradox and let people talk this still important news out?

Reactions:
I would of done, but someone keeps bring up the idea this is not a subject that should be debated, and people have no right to know the basics of what is going on, so I felt the need to reply.

Reactions: