• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
We've now released the latest update for Europa Universalis IV addressing some issues. This is the same patch that has been in public beta for the last couple of weeks.

Changelog
  • AI evaluation for Holy Order placement no longer gets locked in mana spending decision making
  • Fixed the too many tags mod ctd
  • AI - Economy: Fixed bug causing AI to evaluate prio to pay back loans to zero if they had too many loans
  • AI - Economy: AI now better on calculating ROI when comparing loans and buildings
  • Fixed so you now get gold when razing as a horde
  • Fixed issue where you can add more estates than you are supposed to
  • AI will now build less coastal defence buildings
  • Can no longer bail out of excommunication war by paying indulgence
  • Limited events to not trigger if it would result in more than 4 privileges
Previous versions
1.30.3 Changelog
1.30.2 Changelog
1.30.0 and 1.30.1 Changelog

• 36Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
I feel like the 4 privilege limit is strange. Why not 5? Why not as many as we want provided we're willing to pay the costs in influence, max absolutism, crownland and other modifiers?

• 13Like
Reactions:
I feel like the 4 privilege limit is strange. Why not 5? Why not as many as we want provided we're willing to pay the costs in influence, max absolutism, crownland and other modifiers?
I agree with your assessment and also find it confusing. There are soft-limits in place through influence/abso/crownland, why must there be an arbitrary hard-limit in place too?

• 2Like
Reactions:
I guess it was fixed in this patch:
"Limited events to not trigger if it would result in more than 4 privileges "
No, this is exactly why it is broken. You do not receive privileges you should have, resulting in a country too strong/too weak when compared to how the nation gameplay was designed. Poland is a great example, with this exploit allowing you to skip the Szlachta related privileges and making the country relatively stronger.

• 12Like
Reactions:
No, this is exactly why it is broken. You do not receive privileges you should have, resulting in a country too strong/too weak when compared to how the nation gameplay was designed. Poland is a great example, with this exploit allowing you to skip the Szlachta related privileges and making the country relatively stronger.

Have you tried today with 1.30.4 [5d62] patch?
According to the checklist at the top of this post it is now fixed (post was updated Today at 14:14)

Reactions:
Have you tried today with 1.30.4 [5d62] patch?
According to the checklist at the top of this post it is now fixed (post was updated Today at 14:14)
I don't think we understand each other. On the checklist I see
Limited events to not trigger if it would result in more than 4 privileges
which results in the problem I described - not receiving privileges critical to the country when the list is full. The problem is that you are supposed to get them no matter what. I will test it though.

//edit - I have confirmed the problem, with events not appearing (the first being the Elective Monarchy one). I urge the developers to rework this, as currently it can be described simply as an exploit.

Last edited:
  • 22Like
Reactions:
We've now released the latest update for Europa Universalis IV addressing some issues. This is the same patch that has been in public beta for the last couple of weeks.

Changelog
  • AI evaluation for Holy Order placement no longer gets locked in mana spending decision making
  • Fixed the too many tags mod ctd
  • AI - Economy: Fixed bug causing AI to evaluate prio to pay back loans to zero if they had too many loans
  • AI - Economy: AI now better on calculating ROI when comparing loans and buildings
  • Fixed so you now get gold when razing as a horde
  • Fixed issue where you can add more estates than you are supposed to
  • AI will now build less coastal defence buildings
  • Can no longer bail out of excommunication war by paying indulgence
  • Limited events to not trigger if it would result in more than 4 privileges
Previous versions
1.30.3 Changelog
1.30.2 Changelog
1.30.0 and 1.30.1 Changelog
I would have expected the Outraged macro to be fixed, especially because it was working perfectly before 1.30, so a simple reverse should have been enough. It seems it's too complicated.

• 2Like
Reactions:
So far it's look ok.

Hordes are repaired.
Privileges limited to 4 as intended.
I started a game as Cyprus to see if Ottomans were able to take down Mamluks without taking too many loans what they did pretty well.
My Aragonese then Castilian allies were fully occupied several times but didn't suffer from excessive loans and paid them back quickly.

Let's see if it keeping up on the long run. :)

• 5Like
Reactions:
Is this patch save game compatible? Or do we need to start everything over for it?

And of course, they did not fix armies desync. I even PM @Groogy as he asked us to do, no response, no bug fix. I am afraid that if I hear again "it was fixed in June unless you have a save then send it to me" I will have a stroke.

• 6Like
Reactions:
Is the Prussia bug fixed too? I am waiting for this to start a new game.
Waiting for a fix for the CTD when playing Prussia.
And does the AI still build coastal forts anywhere without reasons?
Are you referring to the crash from the "The King in Prussia" incident? That happens even if you don't play Prussia and can happen with at least one outcome of one other incident(The Dutch Rebellion). You can easily work around it by switching your ingame language temporarily to get past the crash. For most people it helps to switch to English, but some person said that they had to switch to German.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yes thank you. I didn't know the bug (didn't have it in my France nor Mughal games) but i already found the "avoidance" method. Still boring since I have CTD, change language, pass the event, exit game, change language.

(I could play in english, but it's easier and more fast for me to play in my native French.)

What's the nature of this bug? I didnt notice it in my last prussia run.

If you have "king in prussia" event, when the resolution happens, CTD if your game is not in english (in my case: game is normally in French). I don't know why, just that this method works to continue the game.

Reactions:
With this new patch your mercenary companies are getting deleted at random when you reload a save.
Can you even make a patch with out braking the game?

Last edited:
  • 8Like
  • 5Haha
Reactions: