Update on Australian and New Zealand pre-orders [EDIT: September 7, 2020]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Paradox needs to hurry up if they have the rating then why can i still not purchase it

you have to wait for the ABR (Australian Board of Ratings) to officially Rate, then send the sign off to Paradox, then Paradox needs to reach out to steam with the Rating Proof.

It should hopefully be done as soon as possible.

The Australian Classification website has updated the 18/8/2020 entry to be MA15+ (Strong drug use), and the earlier record has been removed, which suggests all the pending and placeholder stuff is done with and this is the proper decision.

And... in fairness to them, there's a banner on the site warning that maintenance on the National Classification Database is underway, that's been there for at least the last few days.

Looks like we can now buy the game on the Paradox store, but nothing on Pre-order bonuses.
Still not available on Steam yet. Perhaps that's what they're trying to work out?

I still can't buy the game directly from the Paradox store. It says it's still unavailable in my region.

Never thought trying to hand over $100 would be this difficult.

Last edited:
Greetings!

Players in Australia are now able to purchase, install, and enjoy Crusader Kings III moving forward on Microsoft Store and Paradox Store. In addition, Game Pass access will also now resume! Go forth and forge your kingdom to tell your own story! Steam will resume its sales a few hours after this post (in the middle of the night for our Australian readers).

In regards to the pre-order bonuses, we have decided to extend the Pre-Order Bonus window only on Steam for all our Australian fans until Monday Sep. 21, 19:00 CEST. This way you too will get a chance to don the Garments of the Holy Roman Empire!

• 3Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
I am excited at the opportunity to purchase the game on steam. However, there better be a more detailed official explanation of what occurred and why. Just because the game is now being released doesn't absolve Paradox of their duty to inform us exactly why this occurred.

Reactions:
I am excited at the opportunity to purchase the game on steam. However, there better be a more detailed official explanation of what occurred and why. Just because the game is now being released doesn't absolve Paradox of their duty to inform us exactly why this occurred.
I don't see why you consider it a duty. Chances are the scuffle with the ratings board is entirely classified.

Reactions:
Greetings!

Players in Australia are now able to purchase, install, and enjoy Crusader Kings III moving forward on Microsoft Store and Paradox Store. In addition, Game Pass access will also now resume! Go forth and forge your kingdom to tell your own story! Steam will resume its sales a few hours after this post (in the middle of the night for our Australian readers).

In regards to the pre-order bonuses, we have decided to extend the Pre-Order Bonus window only on Steam for all our Australian fans until Monday Sep. 21, 19:00 CEST. This way you too will get a chance to don the Garments of the Holy Roman Empire!
Thanks guys. I imagine this was quite the hassle for you guys, especially after game launch, so thanks for getting it resolved so quickly.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Confirming you can "pre-purchase" CK3 on Steam as of now and get the Garments of the Holy Roman Empire on Steam!!!

• 4Like
Reactions:
Why is the pre-order bonus available only on Steam?? I would like to purchase it on the Plaza so you awesome peeps get the full profit of selling such an interesting & fun game!

• 2Like
Reactions: