Suppress Black Market Symbol on Star Map?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Harmon Ward

Second Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2020
I have 400 days to go in my Career. I have visited almost a 100 Systems so I need to pick up the pace a bit. However, the Star Map shows all of the Black Market Systems with a nice Purple Icon. This conceals the "visited" or "unvisited" status of the display. Is there a way to suppress the Black Market icon so I can plan my path correctly?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I have 400 days to go in my Career. I have visited almost a 100 Systems so I need to pick up the pace a bit. However, the Star Map shows all of the Black Market Systems with a nice Purple Icon. This conceals the "visited" or "unvisited" status of the display. Is there a way to suppress the Black Market icon so I can plan my path correctly?
Not that I know of. Perhaps check with our wonderful modding community?

Try using the NavigationComputer mod - when you press F1 it switches to visited/unvisited systems view.

Another option might be to place the BM emblem image located on C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\BATTLETECH\BattleTech_Data\StreamingAssets\emblems\factions with a blank file.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Try using the NavigationComputer mod - when you press F1 it switches to visited/unvisited systems view.

Another option might be to place the BM emblem image located on C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\BATTLETECH\BattleTech_Data\StreamingAssets\emblems\factions with a blank file.
Excellent! I will have to try that, thank you.

I tried replacing the Black Market Emblem with a transparent square using Photoshop with the NVIDIA Plug that reads and writes to .DDS. Nothing happened. I will have to use the Navigation Computer Mod. Thanks again!

Last edited:
I tried replacing the Black Market Emblem with a transparent square using Photoshop with the NVIDIA Plug in the reads and writes to .DDS. Nothing happened. I will have to use the NavigationComputer Mod. Thanks again!

The file used by the game might be the one located here instead: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\BATTLETECH\BattleTech_Data\StreamingAssets\sprites\PNG_Icons

• 1Like
Reactions: