• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
When I add two minor characters (sisters) to the interesting characters screen they both appear naked - why? The main character I added (who doesn't have scripted DNA) appears fine, and it looks like other females without scripted DNA appear okay, such as Hardrade's daughter.

What's causing this? I don't know how to create a character's DNA.

When I add two minor characters (sisters) to the interesting characters screen they both appear naked - why? The main character I added (who doesn't have scripted DNA) appears fine, and it looks like other females without scripted DNA appear okay, such as Hardrade's daughter.

What's causing this? I don't know how to create a character's DNA.

Characters on the initial start page are given looks by the file in bookmark_portraits. Load the bookmark then run the command dump_bookmark_portraits. A new file will be made in the Documents directory of CK3 (where you find the mod folder) in the folder called common\bookmark_portraits. Copy that file over into the bookmark_portraits folder of your mod.

Reactions:
When I add a localization file to my mod, all new localizations get recognized, but if I replace existing ones, they won't - whether I name the file zz_mymod_l_english.yml or 00_mymod_l_english.yml (for load order). Any ideas?

Also, can the triggered_opinion block support anything else other than religion parameters?

Last edited:
What is the launch options to be able to simply reload events.

When i try to reload events in -debug_mode launch option, it tells me I have to use the developer mode but after a few try, I cannot seem to find the proper syntax for the developer launch option....

-develop is the launch option you need.

Reactions:
Another quick question: how can I re-position holdings in the map? What files control where do the little castles and fortresses are?
gfx/map/map_object_data

• 1Like
Reactions:
How can I change the localization of titles for particular cultures? Suppose I want e.g. the tribal Russian counts to be called "Knyaz" instead of "Chieftain". How can I do that? Looking at the "localization\english\culture\culture_titles_l_english.yml" file, it seems that setting
Code:
count_tribal_male_russian:0 "Knyaz"
should do the trick. However, it doesn't. (and yes, I have this line in a "aaa_l_english.yml" file in the "localization\replace\" folder of my mod, and I have the correct "l_english:" header in that file).

Also I find very strange that the only mention of e.g. "Jarldom" in the game files is in that same "culture_titles_l_english.yml" file, in the following line:
Code:
county_feudal_norse:0 "Jarldom"
However, tribal Norse duchies (not counties!) are called "Jarldom" in the game. How so? Is this a bug? (I mean, Norse duchies should be called "Jarldom", but there is no indication that it should be like that in the game files). Is this hardcoded?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Sorry, another question:

After trying to input new baronies into the game, I get this crash error message:

[03:15:15][map.cpp:770]: [map_data/definition.csv] Ids are not in order. Expected id 9660 but got [40000;87;129;207;ROCABERTI;x].

What sort of order is the machine expecting? I started my provinces with a high number just to be safe. Where should I place the new provinces? At the end of the list, right?

I couldn't figure out how to mod music in this game. I can't even find the music files. Anyone got any clue?

Code:
== Structure ==

name_of_the_music_track = {

# Path to the audio event for this track
    music = "event:/..."

# How much music weight will playing this music add, default: 0
    weight = X

# Is this track a mood track (i.e. a long track that the game can pick and doesn't need to be explicitly triggered)? default: no
    mood = yes/no

# Can this track be interrupted by another track? Long mood track are good candidates for interrupting. default : no
    can_be_interrupted = yes/no

# Cooldown in in-game time, the track will not be played for this amount of time after it has been started
    years/months/days = X

# Cooldown in calls. After the track starts playing, it will not play again for X subsequent requests to play it. default : 0
    calls = X

# Does this track's cooldown reset when starting/loading a game? default : no
    reset = yes/no
}

Was about to post the file stuff but seems like you beat me to it. Anyways, I've also tried looking into this, and searching for references to the contents of the music text in the code, but looks like I haven't been able to locate anything. In the CK3 music dev diary, they do mention that they'll post information about how to mod music soon after the game's release - looks it it won't be the simple plug and play and add a couple lines of code like in CK2.

• 1Like
Reactions:
What's the color format for skin/hair/eye colors for the ethnicities?

{ 0.33 0.5 0.67 0.8 } is supposed to be green, but I don't know what color format this is. It's not RGBA or HSVA.

I created an decision but can't figure out how to populate the menus with text. They are just blank are all the buttons images? If not what's the command?

Edit: I figured out the basics. For those also wondering here is how you do it.

title = "imortal" #this will show up on the main decision menu and as title
desc = "this decision will make you imortal" #this will be in the top box where the game usually decrives the situation
confirm_text = "become imortal!" #Although the example shows that these can all be put together I found that comfirm_text had to be after the effect block

Last edited:
-develop is the launch option you need.

Alright, thanks

EDIT: nope cannot open the console with -develop launch option

Wait a minute, I do have to use -develop AND -debug_mode option I bet...

EDIT2: Yes I do

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
So I've been tinkering away at a custom ruler designer event chain, and have learned various commands.

Useful character commands (use in the character's scope):

set_culture (changes character's culture)

set_character_faith (changes a character's religion, religion is referred to as faith in CK3 files now, unlike CK2's religion)

add_realm_law_skip_effects (changes a character's realm laws)

set_sexuality (changes character's sexuality; options are heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, and asexual)

Example of all these being used:

Code:
(Some character's scope) = {
          set_culture = culture:irish
          set_character_faith = faith:catholic
          add_realm_law_skip_effects = equal_law
          add_realm_law_skip_effects = single_heir_succession_law
          set_sexuality = bisexual
}

Above code basically makes the scoped character a bisexual culturally irish catholic ruler, that has primogeniture succession where both male and females inherit equally.

Also toyed around with the create_character command, there's some base templates to use for it to help, but you can define a lot of the variables of the new character manually too.

Ex:

Code:
            create_character = {
                employer = root
                gender_female_chance = 0
                random_traits = no
                age = 16
                diplomacy = 10
                martial = 10
                stewardship = 10
                intrigue = 10
                learning = 10
                prowess = 10
                health = 5.0
                fertility = 0.6
                save_scope_as = spawned_char
                dynasty = root
                location = root.capital_province
                faith = root.faith
                culture = root.culture
            }

Root in above code is the player character. This basically spawns a 16 year old male of the same culture, religion, and dynasty of the root character, that has 10 in his skills across the board. With the saved scope you can easily scope to the spawned character with scope:spawned_char to further modify them.

Reactions:
How to affect army movement speed?
I'd like to mod in a building to affect this.

I see various modifiers for buildings, such as development_growth_factor, tax_mult, build_speed and so on, but nothing on movement speed.
I know CK2 has local_movement_speed. Is there something similar for CK3?

What have impact on culture with what province starting?
There:
8703 = { # 8703 - Черная Гора

# Misc
culture = russian
religion = finnish_pagan

holding = castle_holding

# History
}
I set russian culture for that province, but as you can see on screenshot, it's one of african cultures instead, so.

Attachments

• 1599039976560.jpeg
    1599039976560.jpeg
    324,4 KB · Views: 0