I put together a Document (289 pages) for Crusader Kings 3 with all the Information from the Dev Diaries

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SirPenetrator

Second Lieutenant
38 Badges
Apr 20, 2019
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
Hello everybody,

here I am again. Some people might remember me from my last thingy I did, Manual for Imperator: Rome, a year ago. Some maybe have just seen my "preview" in the discord channel #fanart of the CK Discord.

I thought that since I did the same thing last year for Imperator: Rome I'll do it for Crusader Kings 3 too :) So, here I am.

Here are some questions some of you might be asking:

How long did it take you?
About 10-12 hours but over the course of a month – created the file on the 10th of August and finished it on the 25th of August, more or less – with brakes and less focused days. Also, the difference to last year is that I’m currently working, so I had to split up my work to 2-3 hours every evening and weekend. That’s also why it actually took me longer since I’m tired most of the time after work – well, who isn’t?

What did you actually do?
  • I created the cover with all the pre-existing art Paradox already provided, I found the sword somewhere online though
  • Page Background with wax seal – the background is actually from a CK2 Event, I just made it bigger and edited it a bit in photoshop to give it a more “paper” feel/texture and added the wax seal with the CK3 Logo to it
  • The layout of the PDF itself and customizing the text etc.
  • I edited all the Dev Diaries - But only the beginning parts where they’d greet you etc. I did that so the whole thing feels more like a book or documentary style thing that constantly continues in chapters rather than Dev Diaries that are weeks apart. In the same manner as the Manual for Imperator: Rome I also added the Author of every Dev Diary to the left side of the beginning of a new chapter, so you’ll know instantly who wrote it.

Will you update this?
  • Sadly, I won’t. I wouldn’t even be able to if I wanted - with work currently etc.
  • Maybe, if I find some time in the future and they release some new Dev Diaries, I might sit down and add them too. But I can’t promise anything. Also, this should more act like a “small book” where you can follow the development of Crusader Kings 3 in the order of the Dev Diaries before the Release of CK3.

Why did you do it?
It’s fun. It’s interesting and it keeps me busy – rather than lying around and watching something or doing nothing I have something to work on. And I like to give something back the community.

Why did you name it “The development of…” and not Manual like the last one?
I thought the new title is more fitting since all the Dev Diaries are like a little journey on how the development of CK3 progressed etc. and how more and more of the game got created.
Obviously, it is not like a real documentary piece.
Thinking about it now I could’ve also named it “The Dev Diary of Crusader Kings 3” or something like that. But better not think about things I could’ve done differently after I already completed them, right?

Here are some interesting facts:
55'873 words
289 pages
56.7MB

Some Screenshots:

Preview1.png

Preview2.png

Preview3.png

VirusTotal Scan Information (for the more cautious ones of you):
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file...606c820c64356200f09a72d4fb37d0cdaf5/detection
SHA-256: 12f13c75e409631147cb5e4963dbb606c820c64356200f09a72d4fb37d0cdaf5
File name: First Version_FINAL_1.pdf
File size: 56.80 MB
Last analysis: 2020-08-28 15:54:03

I really hope it will be of help and entertainment to anyone of you who might want to have it open on their second monitor or even iPad and be able to search it when they want to read up on something! Or even you just wanna read all the Diaries while being on the train or whatever. :)

I obviously don't hold any right to any of the information, pictures or text and codes. They were all generously provided by Paradox and belong to them.
I only used Photoshop for the cover of the Document and the background of the pages.

I appreciate any kind of feedback and critique!
I can also provide the original word file if needed for whatever reason.

Thank you & Kind Regards,

M. / SirPenetrator

Last edited:
  • 33Love
  • 19Like
Reactions:
Fantastic!

• 1Love
Reactions:
Hello everybody,

[...]

I appreciate any kind of feedback and critique!
I can also provide the original word file if needed for whatever reason.

Thank you & Kind Regards,
Thank you! You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar! :)

M. / SirPenetrator
Well, I'm not quite sure about the gentleman part any more, but definitely a scholar! :D

• 3Haha
Reactions:
This is fantastic work. I'm amazed by how well the background and formatting tie everything together. Thanks again for assembling this and sharing it with the community.

• 1Love
Reactions: