A letter to our fans regarding the launch and our commitment to Bloodlines 2

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
FYI The "Prince of Discord" is myself.

I'd also just like to state that originally yes we were aiming for more frequent DD's and I can assure you they were light on the Developers time, however with recent changes and what we've seen from the community, we're going to take a little step back on the Dev Diaries. This gives the developers and us more time to see if we can put out something more substantial without impacting their time.

We can't promise anything but that's where we're at right now.

Wouldn't want your job currently... So thumbs up for you, hope you don't take the overall critique to personal or anything.
Thanks for the information.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Expected some video about what was achieved since last video. But looks like the game is great mess now. Still better to do something right than pretend doing something. Thanks for update.

And if game has same issues as previous videos and damsel reveal (framerate issues, terrible models, lipsync,grammar mistakes, wooden combat and ai) it is better not to show it to avoid damage. Hope that ubisoft guy knows UE4 and maybe we will see something that small indie company did (19 devs)
with way smaller budget.

And even maybe we will get more interesting skills as only brujah skills looks interesting.

Game itself should be marketing by how it looks and not trashy cinematic videos or something. Good game don't need advertising. Look at horizon zero down and wukong. This game have more youtube views than all videos of bl2 combined.

Last edited:
FYI The "Prince of Discord" is myself.

I'd also just like to state that originally yes we were aiming for more frequent DD's and I can assure you they were light on the Developers time, however with recent changes and what we've seen from the community, we're going to take a little step back on the Dev Diaries. This gives the developers and us more time to see if we can put out something more substantial without impacting their time.

We can't promise anything but that's where we're at right now.
I just wonder if you are talking about reactions on last DD ... or reactions on Brian's firing. :-/

not sure why you need developers to show progress on the game. Ofc, unless it is been butchered now or complete mess. This raises even more concerns.

Developers have access to the game and the tools that we'd need to take screenshots, produce video, spawn in NPC or force events (and much more). Let's say we at Community were able to do this, we still need the Developers to talk through what we're looking at, explain it and write out details for us to create an article.

This takes time.

Reactions:
Developers have access to the game and the tools that we'd need to take screenshots, produce video, spawn in NPC or force events (and much more). Let's say we at Community were able to do this, we still need the Developers to talk through what we're looking at, explain it and write out details for us to create an article.

This takes time.
For sure it takes. My point was it would make more sense to make couple min video than doing 5-6 DD that gave little to no information about progress. Btw, do you know if some issues were already squashed like animations, combat, ai? Or it is still down the road?

And the dev diaries are fine, it just information was off. After a year or so, there been no info at which stage game is.

• 1Like
Reactions:
For sure it takes. My point was it would make more sense to make couple min video than doing 5-6 DD that gave little to no information about progress.

This is mostly my concern - DD's take a number of people's time (production, developers, etc.) even when trying to minimize it. And if the DDs ultimately don't have much relevant info or aren't why people are following the game, then they end up feeling like filler and does cost some amount of production time (they have to be proofed by multiple people, too, right, so it's not just the creators).

Personally. I'd be willing to wait until there's something substantial to show - this may be bad of me, but I don't even check out Kickstarter or Fig updates and I contributed more directly to those projects! I just want to see evidence of what the final product is going to be and why I should be excited about it (the last DD about production didn't get me excited about the game, even without the bad timing - if anything, it gave me less faith in HSL production than before).

Not trying to be negative, trying to be constructive - even if it only saves 3-5 devs and managers a single day each for a DD, I'd rather that time be spent on the game instead of a development update, especially if it doesn't really show or tell anything interesting.

Reactions:
I agree, those DDs were completely unnecessary. It was like a student back in college doing his/her monthly project just to satisfy professors demand, writing whatever just to make it before deadline and get a few points needed ( at least the impression i got).
Better to wait a few more months and get a decent gameplay trailer or some new screenshots, anything! (Someone even mentioned they have like the same 10 screenshots on their page for last year or so).
That was the real hype killer, no new content or updates for so long and of course the community will start losing faith, myself included. They started great with Tender and the actual announcement, but then they just let it sink deeper and deeper.

Reactions:
There is still plenty mechanics we didnt know a bit so far ...
@Vahouth helped me some time ago get together short list of topics that were not yet discuised, and should be (dunno if he still have it somewhere, or if its lost in deeps of this forum)... i believe that should be quite good inspiration for future DD's until we get something that show us some progress, we can at last get the idea what to expect.

Few examples:
- XP distribution
- Weapon durability, and obtaining (I know this topic was allready discuised in clan video, but there was told that its subject to change ... so if there is anything decided, tell us)
- Discipline usage in non-combat situation (That one can fill several articles, if you dont do them all at once)
- Stealth ...
- Social skills
- ofc. there still are rewars for blood points
//edit: - Character creation options ... ideal will be video in this case.
etc. etc.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
There is still plenty mechanics we didnt know a bit so far ...
@Vahouth helped me some time ago get together short list of topics that were not yet discuised, and should be (dunno if he still have it somewhere, or if its lost in deeps of this forum)... i believe that should be quite good inspiration for future DD's until we get something that show us some progress, we can at last get the idea what to expect.

Few examples:
- XP distribution
- Weapon durability, and obtaining (I know this topic was allready discuised in clan video, but there was told that its subject to change ... so if there is anything decided, tell us)
- Discipline usage in non-combat situation (That one can fill several articles, if you dont do them all at once)
- Stealth ...
- Social skills
- ofc. there still are rewars for blood points
etc. etc.
I would be very happy if we could see some of the things that they have already locked down for example:
What we can tell you is that much of the one-handed melee attack animations have been updated and locked, including animations for knives and lead pipes,
or any other gameplay mechanism that has succesfully passed alpha

Reactions: