• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations!

Wahoo! Solidarity forever!

Many thanks to you all. :)

Thank you, @mad orc. Glad to be of service!

You are too kind. :)

Now, in time honoured fashion, for some reading recommendations for you all. Lots of work on here gets regularly (and entirely rightly) highlighted as being worth your time, so I'm going to offer up a few recent projects that have perhaps gone under the radar.

Songs of the Saiiban by @Chilango2 is a joyful little gem that follows avian space dwellers on their travels through the galaxy in poetic form. I think it's won a couple of awards, but it's a very lovely read and comments seem to have dried up a little recently.

Empire of the Bear by @GangsterSynod has the makings of a great project, noteworthy for taking a look at the CK2 mod After the End, which is based within a particular post-apocalyptic canon but pretty easy to get into and very amusing to follow along.

Go West, Young Turk by @mrmagicman2287 is a great romp for CK2 that follows the Pecheneg Empire along their path to domination of the Near East and beyond. Trued and trusted gameplay style, incredibly easy to follow and highly entertaining. Lots of twists and turns already, too.

A Nation of Sadness by @Qwerty7 takes a look at the Republic of China in the excellent Cold War Expansion mod for Vicky 2, which follows in a tradition pretty close to my heart: the Twentieth Century Vicky AAR. Incredibly studiously researched and well written to boot, has buckets of potential.

The Mad Princes of Denmark by @quicksabre is a very very fun project for EUIV that is nearing its end, but it has recently restarted and worth hopping on board. Mildly interactive with monarch personalities decided by commentators. Do check it out.

And it would be remiss of me not to encourage everyone and their dogs to jump on the Read All About It! bandwagon, dutifully steered along by @El Pip. The only reader-written AAR going on the boards at the moment (to my knowledge) and much more fun with more people on for the ride.

Now, last but not least, for the main event. This week's nominee I've encountered regularly around AARland in recent months, always to be seen giving encouragement and feedback. They are also usually to be found in these award threads congratulating laureates, which is always appreciated as a token of support within the community. Time to turn the tables then! :p Please join me in congratulating our new Fan of the Week, @HistoryDude!
Well done! Great reads by the way.
Congratulations @HistoryDude ! and thanks to @DensleyBlair for the kind words. :)
Very many congratulations @HistoryDude
Many congratulations @HistoryDude!
Congratulations!

Thanks, everyone. Greatly appreciated!

• 1Like
Reactions:
belated congratulations @DensleyBlair, and congratulations @HistoryDude well deserved awards to both!

and also thanks for the reading advice!

Congratulations to @HistoryDude! And thanks to @DensleyBlair for the shoutout.
belated congratulations @DensleyBlair, and congratulations @HistoryDude well deserved awards to both!

and also thanks for the reading advice!
Very excellent recommendations post, @DensleyBlair and warmest congratulations @HistoryDude - a well-deserved honour :)

Thanks! It's Sunday now, so it's time to pass this on.

I would recommend works that I've been reading, but that would be, like, half of all active AARs in the CK2, Stellaris, and EU4 forums, so...

Although I would like to comment on the lack of Imperator AARs. Imperator's a good game, and I'm disappointed that there aren't more AARs about it.

Anyway, I'd like to nominate @Nikolai for this award. Always appreciate his comments...

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thanks! It's Sunday now, so it's time to pass this on.

I would recommend works that I've been reading, but that would be, like, half of all active AARs in the CK2, Stellaris, and EU4 forums, so...

Although I would like to comment on the lack of Imperator AARs. Imperator's a good game, and I'm disappointed that there aren't more AARs about it.

Anyway, I'd like to nominate @Nikolai for this award. Always appreciate his comments...
Well, isn't that a welcome surprise! :) If I counted the OP correctly, that's my 12th win. Time flies, first one was years ago! I will be back with a speech later. Right now I will just say a hearthy thank you and point you lot to my most recent AAR, a one chapter mini AAR written a few days ago in Imperator. ;)

• 2Like
Reactions:
Congrats!

Congratulations! An even dozen of wins is quite the achievement. :)

Congratulations!

Many well-earned plaudits to you, @Nikolai :)

Congrats @Nikolai a very well deserved win!