• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You can run in fullScreen now, is that right?

Please install and run the free utility Speccy. Send its output to a text file and attach that here please.

Please report the temperatures of your CPU and video (GPU)
1/ before starting the game up and
2/ after say 10 minutes' play.
If your PC's vendor has given you no way of reading temperatures, install
SPEEDFAN http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php
Here is my temperatures of my CPU and GPU
1597108191514.png

Here is my temperatures of my CPU and GPU after playing for about 5 minutes, I only had chrome open in the background
1597108898836.png

Still no issue there I see. Can i get the Speccy output I asked for please?

Once you've installed it you run it from the desktop shortcut, or start menu entry it creates.

Then click on File-Save As Text File.

Try unloading these apps:

Hamachi
All Radeon/AMD helper apps - Catalyst, fuel.service etc
Discord

I don't see anything else in there likely to affect this.

These are shots in the dark I admit, but I've run out of more solid ideas to try, I am sorry.

Unload means stopping them from running.

Buying another copy of the game will not help your problem in the slightest, as it would be identical - down to the last bit - to the one you already have.

Those apps no longer appear in Speccy, is that right?

That is unfortunate, I can think of nothing else to try here. Especially how this can only affect EU4 and not say CK2 or HOI4 I cannot understand.

You said in your OP here this happened recently - when would that have been. Any idea what change or update - to the game, Windows, your computer - happened between the last time the game was okay and the first time it had this problem?

I'm wondering if reverting to the game version you had back then would make any difference. If not - IOW if an older game version that used to be okay is now slow - that would show the issue comes from outside the game.

Sorry to jump on this over two weeks later, but it's apparent the latest game updates have really messed up the performance. It's become really, really bad.